Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

Multi-Session Operations v3.45 released

Is there perhaps an updated players guide with 3.45? some things dont seem to be working as they should i.e. ammobox/construction equipment respawn.

The only major change is the addition of AC130 and UAV to the CAS. The rest is mostly bug fixes. Anything that's not working as intended probably a bug.

What exactly isn't working as you expect it to? If you mean the equipment not resupplying after x number of hours (8 by default for ammo boxes), then that's certainly a bug and should be reported.

Yeah we started the mission at about 6pm BST on sunday and it was 8pm BST and still no ammo respawn or construction materials respawn.... strange..... but at about 10pm BST today the ammo boxes did respawn (all respawn timers set to default).

Another funny bug we found which isn't really related to MSO is that when you jump in the gunner seat of a woodland jackal, it turns into a desert jackal :P

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

That's certainly a new one!

One thing worth checking is your server fps. MSO is very script heavy, and low server fps can have a big impact on whether the scripts run properly or not (put very basically, you can only run so many scripts in any given frame, after which they all start queuing up - or something like that anyway. The ACE team are the experts on this one, which is rather more than can be said for me :P )

As server admin, do #monitor in game and watch the feedback. Anything less than 10 FPS on the server seems to make a lot of scripts break.

I think we need a list with working custom islands which are mso compatible.

MSO will automatically place locations on custom maps (as long as the bottom left terrain co-ord is 0,0). So, we support all maps pretty much.

You will need to place the necessary things in the editor though (just cut and paste from a current mission).

Tup

every island i tried beside the official releases (lingor, fallujah, podagorsk, torabora, isla duala f.e.) is working out of the box - since MSO 3.4 (since fn_createlocations.sqf)!

To have it really *optimized* yu need to adapt some code (esp. in fn_initlocations) tough >>> as i always write: check locations on your map FIRST (with debug in fn_initlocations.sqf first) if something isnt working out, before you start fiddling around with any other code - just take this as an advice...

i just updated my Lingor MSO map to .45 - will go on a patrol now and post it afterwards!

Guidance

How hard/easy would it be to add a helicopter taxi script to MSO? There are allready several scripts out there, but I sure would be nice if a taxi script could be incorporated like CAS/casevac.

Maybe it exists allready? Anybody tried this?

You can post feature requests on Dev Heaven, or even turn one of those handy scripts into an MSO module for incorporation yourself if you want!

At the moment the dev team are working on implementing a dedicated server version of the Sec Ops Manager and also putting together a TvT version of MSO. There are a number of other features in the pipeline, including a Logistics Order Form and of course the ever present bug squishing and optimisations to improve performance.

I implemented Norrins taxi chopper scripts in my mso missions. if you know how to get rid of different conflicting classes from description.ext and description-mso.ext with other addon/script classes (f.e. Rsctitles, cfgsounds etc.) its easy. Norrins chopper scripts are buggy tough, esp. on low Server-FPS!

---------- Post added at 10:37 ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 ----------

PS:

I wasnt able to add details to the Lingor MSO yesterday, sry for this!

Required: Lingor island (fulls), CBA

Features: MSO & TCells, VTS, NOR Revive, NOR Chop. Taxi, SAT View, HIH Group-HALO...

Credits: All credits go to the Addon/MSO makers, BIS and the community

Locations and enemypop optimized for Lingor (placements are now really nice)!

have fun

Is Norrins taxi script included in your "Terror on Lingor"? If so Ill def take a look.

Anyway thanks highhead!

EDIT: Yes it is.... MUST LEARN HOW TO READ! :)

Edited by VirtualVikingX
stupidness

Mission needs selectable mission scenarios like war in takistan and also if at the very least it needs more then just one mission type (convoy attack) because that is the only mission presenting itself in the mission.

MSO doesn't hand mission objectives to you on a plate. Even if a mission maker doesn't use the moduler framework for making a scenario, it's still very possible to have a great deal of fun with it. For example, VCB treats the whole map as an Area of Operations for a counter insurgency campaign, similar to what you would expect on contemporary Op in Iraq or Afghanistan. Tasks and objectives are hand out by the NCOs on our forum, and updated daily based on what happens in game.

For example, in a typical scenario a section is tasked to conduct a clearance patrol around our FOB. During the patrol they come under fire from an enemy strongpoint and are forced to withdraw. The Pl Comd tasks a sniper pair to carry out a Close Target Recce of the strongpoint during the night. Base on the intel they provide, the NCOs plan an op to neutralise the position and subsequently clear an MSR through the mountains with assistance from a Lynx overflight providing top cover. The op is a success, but the Lynx is damaged and forced to crash land. A section is retasked to secure the crash site and recover casualties while the remainder of the platoon returns to the FOB to pick up a repair vehicle. Meanwhile the FOB comes under concerted attack by an enemy armoured column and the rear party are calling for immediate assistance....

...and so it goes on. This is just one day in the life of MSO! Almost every mission scenario you could think up is provided, it's just not marked on the map for you by some all seeing god of a mission maker.

VVX - this is exactly why i implemented VTS! Its an ingame mission editor! Just place your special objectives ingame if you wanna break out of MSO standards!

I personally use MSO only to create a fully populated island with loads of enemies and ambience and conduct specops! Its really up to you to use the modules as you like!

I like the idea of merging WIT or Takistan/Lingor force tough - esp for less frequented servers or SP - and will have look at it. If server performance is not dropping too much i think it could work out!

HH, I may have to borrow your expertise on that note. I have a plan to integrate WICT and MSO Enemypop module (i.e. use enemypop to create the locations and WICT to create the enemy). I want to see if this will help improve performance over the current method of making enemy.

nice idea! i have some exp. with merging tools and addons and some gamemodes with mso. never tryed WICT - i dunno if i can do that with the few skills i have, esp. in the usecase u wanna implement it (using WICT methods of generating enemies within rmm_enemypop - if i got that right). I will have a look at it! First overview lets me think its not that easy. I will provide feedback

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

wow, at the second look i'm not quite sure if that will improve performance. WICT needs loads a stuff beeing loaded to work correctly. im quite sure i could merge it in (maybe even as a module) but not in rmm_enemypop, but having it additional to a regular tuned down enemypop could work out - not quite sure, but worth a try - what do you say?

As I understand it, WICT is driven by map markers. So my half formed idea was to use MSO's CRB_Locs and Enemypop to randomly place MSO_Camps, but then generate a WICT friendly invisible map marker on the same spot (but no enemy yet).

WICT then jumps in and generates relevant enemy at selected base markers e.g. look in MSO_Camps array for "heli_park_ru1" and make that marker a WICT helicopter spawn. Then look for CRB_Locs "airport" and make that a target marker.

With a bit of juggling you could make a fairly convincing map with dynamic enemy running all over it, WICT handles all the spawning and prevents over crowding, but you keep the total generic randomisation of MSO which is easily portable to any map.

I think.

yeah, tought good! could work out - just read the wict manual a bit! seems wict handles the spawning/deleting fairly nice. i gotta play with the wict settings and code to get control over it and i know how wict works.

edit: to create specific markers within enemypop that are going to kick in wict "should" then be easier.

Edited by highhead

Guys I hope you can figure out a way to put WICT in. I got it working but it keeps giving me an error with Too Many Groups Created "Limit is 55" and as soon as it Clears Them MSO puts them back in a viscous circle.

i think its this limit you are talking about in WICT_data\startSettings.sqf:

WICT_numAIg = 55;

im still reading and reviewing code to understand the way it works.

As far as I understand it, WICT will also affect units that are not spawned by WICT directly when deleting groups (eg. all units spawned by other modules could be deleted, which would break MSO completely).

I have also asked kremator, maybe he has some expierence with WICT.

EDIT:

after checking file WICT\clearmemory.sqf im sure, that it will clean up the island from enemy groups completely if "players distances are > WICT_removeMan" (2500 by default) - civis wont be affected badly (only far off vehicles and wrecks) which is a big deal to rmm_enemypop and TCells - WICT will delete rmm_enemypop units and TCells.

But maybe WICT could be an alternative to rmm_enemypop as a standalone module (without TCells) if performance of WICTs spawning/deleting/reassigning-waypoints method is working out as good as i expect. It also has a "enemy-group"-cap and an "anti-jam"-script already built in (vengeance1 -> its a feature not a bug).

will investigate a little further!

Edited by highhead

I was considering WICT as a total replacement to Enemypop and unit caching. I'd still want to use some bits of the EnemyPop script to identify map locations and randomly place the bases, but leave all AI spawning to WICT.

Thanks Highhead, I got both the WICT_numAIg and the Anti-Jam figured out. Also by raising the number to accommodate what MSO does the issue went away but still leaves me with MSO affecting the spawning of WICT.

My goal is to keep the Ambient Traffic both Air and Land working along with HQ and Support but use WICT for occasional random conflicts.

Again thanks for the input I am going to continue to hack at it.

thx for feedback vengeance!

I got my first try WICT ingame of MSO yesterday and came to some issues where i need to find a workaround:

As far as i can tell, there is only one "battlefront". If 2 or more players decide to go to opposite directions they are the not at the same "battlefront" (the positions/area which decides that a certain base spawns units) and nothing spawns.

Also all friendly AI-units positions are relevant for the position of the "battlefront". So having 10 AI at base keeps the battlefront at base while you are far in the north. Its not spawning anything then. Raising the scandistance / spawndistance isnt the right way since all enemy bases would be active then, which would kill FPS.

Also im not quite sure how to spawn units directly at bases. Units will be spawned only between player and base (like a real battlefront) - thats sated in the manual also.

There is something like global assault (when limit is reached or only 1 base is left). I dont know what that does but i will find out.

im working on that, but it takes time - much time.

so vengenace:

try one thing

-> delete all BLUFOR AI at base, leaving only you (no friendly AI)!

-> disable all BLUFOR traffic (sea and air - keep civilian only)

-> make sure no BLUFOR is at map besides you while testing.

does WICT spawn then?