Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

Multi-Session Operations v3.45 released

Hey m8s!

Really thx for your posts! Just wanted to say its a beta still and fi sure all wict credits go to arma2holic and mso to the mso team! I am just glad i could add a nice option to mso and wict! cant wait to play it!

Have fun m8s

Till latez

Just had a good go at it. I think I need to tweak the amount of vehicles that are produced as there are still a lot, and the A10 deals with them very effectively.

Ok, was just about to fire up my Dedi Server now I will update, by the way I am running your edits converted to Takistan and my own mission.sqm. This last marker edit will help.

So far so good!! :)

fixed some issues (our nice choppers were deleted when damaged) and tweaked it some more.

will find a way to prevent friendly planes to capture camps (timeout changes as described in manual didnt work out)

and i put in some different spawning setups as missionparameters also

theres much on the tweaking list ;)

Having much fun playing this. It might be just wishful thinking, but performance does seem to be better than regular enemypop.

Absolutely, we tested it and FPS is much better with Highhead enemy script.

Looking forward to making a RACS version when all is figured out.

Nice Work!

yeah also having good fps (20-25 minimum)! but i think it just depends on the parameters yu set. Set scandistance to 3000 or unlimited and max AI groups to 100 and wait until 100 groups are on map and you will have bad FPS too ;)

will have a new version up on thursday with many additional tweaks and params!

Sorry guys! I cant deploy a new version since i suddenly caught a "ganglion" on my left hand (looks really awsome) so i have to hold my hand still and cant do anything but watching arma youtube videos. will take a week or two (or i will have to make my hand programable) so pls have some patience with me!

guidance

---------- Post added at 19:50 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

one thing i wanted to mention:

MSO was designed to slowly approach enemies!

So RMM Enemypop was really a nice method of spawning enemies! it was designed for a special use (walking out --> things will spawn --> yu go away --> caching will take load down)!

But since many of us "abuse" (flying, parajumping, teleporting) MSO in its way of working some things will turn out other than expected (too many groups on map, FPS going down etc.).

So pls dont believe that WICT will have a better performance in the core -> its just working differently and if you like the way of more enemies in a short time, then use it. But if you prefer a more realistic way of spawning then please stick to classical enemypop - i personally believe WICT isnt realistic -> its just an arcade mode of MSO.

my 2 cents

PS: i will have an arcade session now and hope my hand wont fall off... ;)

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

another PS:

Here is the latest version so you can have fun with it (many things tweaked, too many to mention - just try it)!

MSO 3.45 WICT tweaked

Edited by highhead

OOOh ganglion ..... get well soon mate. Too much spanking of the monkey and not enough coding causes that :)

well, yu are the doc krem ;)

PS: btw - thx!

but i hate this volcano

My grandma always swore that you should hit ganglions with a bible. I can't say I ever tried it and I wouldn't suggest you do either!

Agreed on the different style of WICT compared to Enemypop. I think of the original as counter insurgency based patrolling and WICT is more front line fighting. Unfortunately the ArmA2 engine simply doesn't seem to be able to handle the amount of AI we're trying to throw at it long term, even with cached groups. Unless there's some magic scripting technique the guys aren't aware of, we'll have to continue being creative.

The great news is, we now have a whole new WICT module to us as an alternative in the MSO mission framework thanks to you (and ofc ArmAIIholic!)

Do you guys plan on anything that will impose a strict limitation upon the number of AI? Because currently it seems like no matter how much one would try to tweak stuff, it's hard to predict how many AI the server will actually have to handle, resulting in either no real enemies around or in so many that the server can't deal with it.

I actually tried creating my own system for spawning/despawning enemies, but in the end it resulted in that if I want to spawn them far enough away so that they don't spawn in front of your face, you will also most likely never find them. 80 enemies inside a 2500m radius circle still seems not dense enough :(

One option with a distance based spawn system could be to put a search and destroy waypoint on the friendly user for enemies within a smaller radius

Yes but the whole point was that you will randomly run into the enemies, not send the enemies right at you to attack. If you did that, players could just fortify themselves in a good position and the AI would keep pouring over trying to attack their position, which would beat the whole point.

When I tried it I did send them to a 1000m radius area around the players to patrol in, and constantly moved that area to where the players are, so enemies would come closer to the players but still not act like they know exactly where the players are nor directly attack the players without knowing the players' position(s). Unfortunately, though, that wasn't enough.

Just noticed something odd happening and not sure where to look. I run the ACE and MSO. Whenever I get custom weapons from crates and get into an Apache my gear drops below the chopper in a bag. Any ideas where to start looking for the root cause?

It´s releated to ACE, you can´t fly an AH-64D with a primary weapon and/or a backpack. That´s my last info about that thing.

Highhead,

I noticed that when we take some bases and the enemy reoccupies the base with tanks it does not turn red again?

Not sure why.

Yeah, ive seen that too but im still investigating why sometimes bases arent recaptured! Maybe a workaround would be to make the capturing radius bigger in startupsettings (its a parameter in autoflag-base-setup) since i tuned it down for not having friendly planes capturing bases all the time!

Hey HH,

I jumped onto your server yesterday, and took a section around on a trip in a warrior. I went through several villages, both friendly and unfriendly and didn't see a single enemy! You sure WICT was working? Civs were there but that was all.

Hey Krem!

Yeah saw you on sarurday but was afk! there were foes but i had the base settings tuned down to have less bases and they were about 4km away from our base! I was at Mt. Gruner watching it, maybe you didnt drive up so far? We can try it together today in the eve if yiu like to!

Yeah, ive seen that too but im still investigating why sometimes bases arent recaptured! Maybe a workaround would be to make the capturing radius bigger in startupsettings (its a parameter in autoflag-base-setup) since i tuned it down for not having friendly planes capturing bases all the time!

Good idea I will do that.

Thanks

Yo guys! I believe there is a 3rd hand growing out of my left one so i tweaked a bit more and decided to give yu an update, since i had so much with this one:

MSO WICT beta 3.45.540

- removed the "move"-waypoint marker for players (after max. of groups was reached)

- changed spawning distances (much mo action now ;)

- increased basecapturing radius a bit

- added a "show bases" parameter under debug (no debug actually, only bases are shown then)

try it with the following settings:

max. groups: 55

distance: 3000 (default is 1500)

enemypop: 33%

base prob.: 25

had a situation where enemies came in with 2 brdms and a mi8 to recapture a taken base. i was hiding from brdm when mi8 quicklanded in my back and let an enemy group get out, then flew away and while the group raped me the mi8 turned back and flanked me with rockets to gimme the rest. This was really crazy.

Have fun ;)