Sign in to follow this  
-=seany=-

Add FXAA support to OA and Arma3- Many AA bugs fixed

RSharpe

I removed your insanely huge images, not only because each of them was over 1 MB in filesize but also because they totally screwed up the forum layout.

The max. allowed image filesize here is 100 kb, not 1200!.

@ EOOQE: Thank you very much for going thru the trouble and tweaking this to work/look better with Arma2!! Can't wait for the release!

edit: Also, has anyone figured out a way to change/disable the hotkeys (insert/delete)? It's annoying when I go into the editor and have to delete some units off the map then I have 500 freakin screenshots.

Edited by No Use For A Name

@ EOOQE: Thank you very much for going thru the trouble and tweaking this to work/look better with Arma2!! Can't wait for the release!

edit: Also, has anyone figured out a way to change/disable the hotkeys (insert/delete)? It's annoying when I go into the editor and have to delete some units off the map then I have 500 freakin screenshots.

THX for the Flowers :D Hope to release my first Shaders soon ... working on the Color Correction (as seen on my blog) ATM and on the SHARPENING Shader too .. a lot of work ... damn ARMA Engine is very different from other Engine´s ...

BTW : in BETA 9 of FXAA the Key mapping has changed to :

PAUSE : Enable/Disable FXAA

PRINT SCREEN : Screenshot

I wonder if it's possible to fix a shortcoming of the shader where small objects become next to invisible - like the shader makes stuff like leaves, antennas, etc not rendered fully in comparison to noAA/FSAA

I wonder if it's possible to fix a shortcoming of the shader where small objects become next to invisible - like the shader makes stuff like leaves, antennas, etc not rendered fully in comparison to noAA/FSAA

I know what you mean ...one of the problems i´m working on ATM ...but FXAA is limited in its power of AA ... and FXAA is different on all Engines ... as example you get great results in MAFIA2 ,SHIFT2 or DIRT3 ... the ARMA2 Engine, as we all know has its problems :-(

The new SHARPENIG Shader help a bit with the small objects and the power lines in ARMA2 ..but is still a long way to go to get the Same Results as normal AA

We will see what the future builds will bring :cool:

EDIT : JUST released a very BETA of my Custom Shaders on my Blog : http://a2fxaa.blogspot.com/2011/08/v021.html

Edited by EOOQE

Just tried this with a 4850 X2.

:O Is all I have to say.

Seriously... Free AA. I love it. :)

Nice to hear :-)

Are you using my Custom Shaders V0.21 ?

Maybe you can post some screenshots ? i only testing on NVIDIA Cards and would like to see the FXAA Effect on an ATI :cool: THX :bounce3:

Really looking forward to 2.2. :)

Nice Screens ! Looking good on ATI, very good:yay:

V0.22 seems to be ready soon ... will inform you on my blog :cool:

edit: might have been not true, anyways good job!

Edited by PurePassion

Any update on small objects issue? Will it stay?

I´m on it ..but the ARMA2 Engine is very "strange" :mad: in its results to sharpening shaders .. it will be a little better, but until TIMOTHY LOTTES release FXAA 3.12 we must write our own sharpening shaders :butbut:

Yeah i've noticed that with things like powerlines.

I´m on it :

http://a2fxaa.blogspot.com/2011/08/i-hate-powerlines.html

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1S9uWgLDvNc/TkMNVw_WywI/AAAAAAAABl8/K1PTOtrPGAU/s1600/Screenshot51084.png

Little more coding and testing is needed but i think i found an setting i can start with tuning on the damn power lines :cool:

I was playing around with AA a bit in-game, and honestly the power lines don't even look that good at Normal. You pretty much have to crank it to Very High to get them looking decent, and the performance hit is massive.

Looks nice...Where are the powerlines in that video though?? Lol. :p

Very impressive EOOQE, thank you for what you're doing. :cheers:

Looks nice...Where are the powerlines in that video though?? Lol. :p

Thats not funny :mad:

I HATE THOSE POWER LINES hehehe ...damn ARMA2 Engine is so strange ... i tested a different shader version on IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover.

There are some lines too ..and guess what ? FXAA worked on them :eek:

So more tweaking and scripting today ... i hope i can find a way to fix this problem :j:

MLAA performance and IQ on ATI cards greatly improved with 11.8 preview drivers.

Give it a try!