Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

I just noticed the fire mode selector actually changes according to the actual fire mode. Probably the first time I saw that in a game.

I think I need a lie down now.

Yeah ...this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JutD-K28fcc

The transition after half-way point.

even the pink/orange/red didnt look good.

It seemed like the color change appeared too late, when the sky was already too bright. So the very dark clouds against rather bright sky, and the coloured clouds looking quite ..psychedelic.

I miss the day- and night clouds though.

These clouds were amazing - apart from dusk/dawn timeset when their look was psychedelic. Anyway ArmA always had issues with dusk/dawn timeset so I wouldn't be surprised if it would be connected to it.

I just noticed the fire mode selector actually changes according to the actual fire mode. Probably the first time I saw that in a game.

This was put in the dev changelog a fair bit ago, was a nice change :o

at the start it almost looks like there are cloud shadows. maybe they've been there all along. and yea it seems like the colour phases aren't in sync with the actual light conditions. let's hope they add it back in instead of just removing it. i feels a bit sadistic having it on a loading screen but not actually ingame :p

Hahaha, that one was actually added a while back.

I found a picture on ArmA 3 website which isn't avaible yet in the launch countdown.

motorboat.png

Does anyone know if we get the new faction this wednessday aswell? Or just more content for existing factions?

Does anyone know if we get the new faction this wednessday aswell? Or just more content for existing factions?

New... faction?

Afaik it's arty and tanks, with the scent of "and more!".

New... faction?

Afaik it's arty and tanks, with the scent of "and more!".

Yeah the FIA [independent], from what I have read they are the rebel type of faction, I'm wondering because of a mission I'm working on.

Yeah the FIA [independent], from what I have read they are the rebel type of faction, I'm wondering because of a mission I'm working on.

I assume they're part of this update. From the SITREP:

Next week (hopefully September 4th) we have another large development branch deployment planned for everyone who is already with us in the Beta. All of the rest of the sandbox content is to be staged on development branch - meaning tanks, artillery, static weaponry and more.

I assume they're part of this update. From the SITREP:

Thanks, I hope they will be part of the update.

and hopefully this equipment tab for in editor loadout changing

I dont think we can expect a feature like that so close to release.

we can always hope

Maybe at a later point after release, they're finally gonna add it hopefully

Anyone know what time the next Dev Patch is going to be available?

Anyone know what time the next Dev Patch is going to be available?

Latest info is "in the afternoon, perhaps early evening". (CEST time zone.)

In other words, probably some time in the next six hours.

A "several gigabyte upload" apparently so I would say 15:00 - 16:00 hours GMT if the upload speed is similar to the Altis patch. hopefully quicker!

The patch is live. Tanks and all are sweet. BUT It should not take 4 rounds of 120mm AP to take out a tank while shooting at the rear of a tank / armored vehicle. Also Can BIS tell us what guns the new scopes are compatible with. I have tried every thing from MG's to sniper rifles. Also the firing sound for the mlrs is very low when standing near it. But I need to stop or mod will delete this.

The patch is live. Tanks and all are sweet. BUT It should not take 4 rounds of 120mm AP to take out a tank while shooting at the rear of a tank / armored vehicle. Also Can BIS tell us what guns the new scopes are compatible with. I have tried every thing from MG's to sniper rifles. Also the firing sound for the mlrs is very low when standing near it. But I need to stop or mod will delete this.

The scopes simply aren't there... The code is there, as in the scopes have classnames, but that's it. No model shows up, not even any zooming in. Not surprising though, as we've come to expect this... It'll most likely be fixed within a few days, hopefully. Just shows how they aren't quite ready for release yet. Still a lot of stuff for them to finish content-wise.