Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

We didn't complain because

a) It's the real deal;

b) Every faction had a diferent AT\AA and static variant.

On the bright side, it appears that the FIA weapons\vehicles aren't featured, right? Legacy incoming or more reskin?

Wonder if FiA has an Ak variants as they are one of the most produced and used weapons on the planet.

They're more than likely going to use the TRG

What bothers me is the copy/paste mindset seen in the weapon stations. I dont mind if they are used on serveral vehicles within one faction but i do mind when they are used on different factions. Look at the artillery turret its exactly the same. Thats downright ridiculous, especially when you consider that a professional should be able to model a good looking turret in less than one day.

grenade launcher/machine gun turret used in: Hunter, Strider, Ifrit, Panther, Scorcher?, Sochor?, Marid, Bobcat, Marid, Stomper, Speedboat

AA turet used in: Cheetha, Tigris

artillery turret used in: Scorcher, Sochor

automatic cannon/missle turret used in: Kamysh, Gorgon

Sorry to be a little bit offtopic but i had to get that off my chest.

What bothers me is the copy/paste mindset seen in the weapon stations. I dont mind if they are used on serveral vehicles within one faction but i do mind when they are used on different factions. Look at the artillery turret its exactly the same. Thats downright ridiculous, especially when you consider that a professional should be able to model a good looking turret in less than one day.

grenade launcher/machine gun turret used in: Hunter, Strider, Ifrit, Panther, Scorcher?, Sochor?, Marid, Bobcat, Marid, Stomper, Speedboat

AA turet used in: Cheetha, Tigris

artillery turret used in: Scorcher, Sochor

automatic cannon/missle turret used in: Kamysh, Gorgon

Sorry to be a little bit offtopic but i had to get that off my chest.

Has a screenshot of the Sochor been released? :o

I saw it on gamescom (T-100 chassis)

and the CSAT 'S Bobcat too?

So, one new weapon for release?

\flame: A1 vs A2 vs A3

Even without all variants and A3 with some axed weapons there (KSG, M104, XM25), A2 had an awesome list of weapons.

Glad BI has an extensive after release support. For free. Mostly.

Arma 2 borrowed many of its starting weapons/vehicles from Arma 1 (and VBS2) whereas Arma 3 is for the most part a new foundation entirerly with far less reliance on previous title equipment/props.

Edited by NodUnit

If you mean coaxial, you can see it firing at 01:37 here

and if you mean atop the turret, it's a remote control weapon system. Looks like something may be missing just behind the cannon but that could be something other than a gun mount.

Arma 2 borrowed many of its starting weapons/vehicles from Arma 1 (and VBS2) whereas Arma 3 is for the most part a new foundation entirerly with far less reliance on previous title equipment/props.

True, and A3 has high quality content all around. Still few content, this and axing of previous ingame content (may come back even better but for now, the release, is axed) raise some eyebrowns.

I believe that some of you conflate "axing" with "what's going to be in on September 12", though it's perfectly fine to be less than confident about BI actually delivering after that date.

Never promised? And actually somewhat consistent with how reticent BI was with fixed-wing anything until later this year?

Never promised? And actually somewhat consistent with how reticent BI was with fixed-wing anything until later this year?

The ultimate troll is the inclusion of the C-130 Wreck but no C-130.

well also look at the big submerged boat wreck... imagine if that was playable (not wrecked obviously) that would be 1 awsome ship

---------- Post added at 06:50 ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 ----------

i also want to see this new faction!! any photos anyone?

well also look at the big submerged boat wreck... imagine if that was playable (not wrecked obviously) that would be 1 awsome ship

---------- Post added at 06:50 ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 ----------

i also want to see this new faction!! any photos anyone?

May I ask you what your sign means?

Yay!

May I ask you what your sign means?

Yay!

Next week (hopefully September 4th) we have another large development branch deployment planned for everyone who is already with us in the Beta. All of the rest of the sandbox content is to be staged on development branch - meaning tanks, artillery, static weaponry and more.

http://beta.arma3.com/sitrep-00023