Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Considering what has happened in terms of their development of ArmA 3, I wouldn't say that he's far off from the truth. I don't think that a lot of the bugs/issue's would have been found as quickly or even at all if there wasn't a community alpha or beta. I guess the intent could be debated, but I don't think the end result really can be.

You also got to understand Arma 2 has had since 2009 for bug fixes, content creation, ect... While Arma 3 has had huge setbacks, and is still in Beta. BIS said after release we will still get daily development build updates, they will still be working on issues from the feedback tracker. Pretty much they only bug fix after this next stable build patch until release then go back to updates and such like the Alpha and Beta but with less content.

Okay, I've had time to digest the past 48 hours and I think I see things more clearly.

Let me start out by saying that I was in "shock" by the Weapons / Vehicle list.....my expectations were set way too high for the "Final Release." Now that the "shock" has worn off, things aren't gonna be as bad as they first seemed. Let me step back a bit and talk about what I experienced before with Battlefield 3.....when Battlefield 3 first released their Alpha back in June of 2011, it was junk.....full of bugs and crashes. I was playing it on the PC and I was highly disappointed, but I kept saying, "It's just an Alpha." Then they released the game in October of 2011. It was "Okay," but it was unbalanced and there were still too many bugs. I can remember people on the forums just going off on Dice and EA. I would write on their forums, "Give them a few months....they'll fix it and polish it up." Yep, by January / February BF3 was humming like a Top.....all they did after February was fine tune the "balance" of weapons and it ended up being a huge hit. But man, you should have heard all the venom and hatred Dice / EA caught those first few months from those who were not patient.

Now, as for ArmA 3: The Alpha / Beta have been stellar (for the most part) and Stratis is Gorgeous. Also, the single player game-play has been smooth as silk for me (I've got a high end computer).... the Multiplayer can be clunky at times, but over all I have been pleased considering it is only an Alpha / Beta. Bohemia Interactive gave us the Alpha / Beta in-order to perfect the game-play and work out the bugs. The "Feedback" for the game is a great gesture by BIS and they are complying to some of our ideas.....they are listening to the community. I once spotted a sign pointing in the wrong direction on Stratis....I put it in the Feedback and then weeks later it was fixed. They wrote me an email and said, "It is now fixed." So they are listening. Also, I'm sure that once the Final is released, they are going to keep the Feedback tracker running and just keep on polishing the Mil Sim.

Altis is going to be the Star of the game (obviously).....I have a feeling most of us are going to be highly impressed with what Altis has to offer. 300 sq km of "sandbox" environment (water and land) will keep us busy for years to come in the future. Eventually, BIS will polish this game to perfection. Also, they will add more stuff to this Mil Sim and the Modding Community will make great stuff as well. Heck, I've got a boat load of weapons that I use now that BIS did not include in the Beta (I love the French Weapons Pack).

I've been playing Video Games for years (if you read the "Old Farts" thread, then you'd know that :p) and I can tell you that the ArmA series is very special....the large environments and the ability to make your own scenario's / game is just wonderful. Think about it: COD and Battlefield only give you about 20 to 30 maps per series and the maps are small / limited. In ArmA 3 and Altis, we will be able to make 1000's of maps (any size), scenarios, and game types for the whole community. This is Second to None.

Finally: I think we need to support BIS. Let's give them a chance to prove themselves. They've had to overcome many adversities, trials, and tribulations to get where they are at today. One of the best posts I read about 10 pages back suggested that BIS should have charged more for their Mil Sim ($49.99 or $59.99) from the start...this would have brought in more revenue and they could have hired more Dev's / Computer Scientist to make ArmA 4 their "Crown Jewel" upon release. BTW, those of us who are ArmA 3 Supporters gave well over $70 for the BIS team..... we love this Mil Sim and want to see it survive in the future.

BIS....carry on...... the silent majority is supporting you. As you know, usually the ones that are displeased or have a negative view of things are the ones who complain.....and ..... the one's who are pleased don't normally chime in because they are happy. :p

Edited by rehtus777

It's always nice to see that there are people out there who aren't "Gimme more jets or I uninstall." Like it or not, that's what release is going to be like. We need to support them if we're to expect better and more content, not be all up in their grills and threaten them.

You also got to understand Arma 2 has had since 2009 for bug fixes, content creation, ect... While Arma 3 has had huge setbacks, and is still in Beta. BIS said after release we will still get daily development build updates, they will still be working on issues from the feedback tracker. Pretty much they only bug fix after this next stable build patch until release then go back to updates and such like the Alpha and Beta but with less content.

I understand that. I don't think the point is so much that they did it as much as it's a little clearer now maybe why they did it. It kind of opens the perspective up that you kind of see the end result. What I'm saying is that it's a lot clearer to see that free QA from the community coupled with the time crunch and development timeline they were under explains the lower price point to Alpha and Beta and why they did it. Now I question, since the community most likely took advantage of the lower price point, exactly how long they can support ArmA 3 after launch without having to throw out DLC and Expansions, possibly with the content that was originally promised at launch that was now cut. Also post launch sales are going to have a large factor on development time spent on the core of ArmA, and Reviews are going to more than likely play a large role in post launch sales to the "unwashed masses" who aren't a part of this community.

Also we have about a month and half or so before launch and like they said in one of the sitreps, eventually they're gonna have to lock down the introduction of content and feature's and go into QA mode for launch. That doesn't leave a lot time to introduce much, so using the excuse "we're still in beta" is getting flimsier by the day.

Si si, a bit of humility goes quite a ways and its not often you see people much less game companies stepping up to the plate to say "Sorry, we screwed up."

In my opinion the words don't cut it anymore (hehe), the best and only way to save face now is that post release ends up being unicorns and rainbows all around in regards to features and content in a magnitude that strongly surpasses A2's support.

I know a lot of maybes coming from developers is due to the fact that they've learnt something from this and they don't want to fail on the promises, but honestly, it's not exactly making me optimistic that it will be unicorns and rainbows.

What's here now is the previous history in regards to their titles which was tarnished a fair bit with the recent developments. Time will tell I suppose.

In my opinion the words don't cut it anymore (hehe), the best and only way to save face now is that post release ends up being unicorns and rainbows all around in regards to features and content in a magnitude that strongly surpasses A2's support.

I know a lot of maybes coming from developers is due to the fact that they've learnt something from this and they don't want to fail on the promises, but honestly, it's not exactly making me optimistic that it will be unicorns and rainbows.

What's here now is the previous history in regards to their titles which was tarnished a fair bit with the recent developments. Time will tell I suppose.

Altis is going to be my "unicorns and rainbows". I've seen enough videos and the live stream to know the Island is going to Rock.

My opinion is thus: BIS doesn't have to create EVERY little thing in the simulator. Like I said above, the French Weapons Pack is awesome and BIS did not create it, but a passionate person in the ArmA community created the French Weapons Pack ....I use that Weapons Pack more than the Bohemia weapons.

BIS built the 320 sq km of Maps (Stratis + Altis + Agean Sea) with some pretty good weapons / vehicles (love the Helo's).....now it's time for the community to do its part. Again, considering the political / historical past that BIS has gone through, we need to give them a break and applaud them for the hard work. See my post above.

Edited by rehtus777

It's always nice to see that there are people out there who aren't "Gimme more jets or I uninstall." Like it or not, that's what release is going to be like. We need to support them if we're to expect better and more content, not be all up in their grills and threaten them.

I bought arma 3 to support arma, not take on pluton. Do you have any idea what one hired 3d modeler would have done in 3-4 years ? If you can't afford a 3d modeler you can't afford to develop new games. You have to be naive not to understand arma 3 budget/human resources were diverted to other projects (funded with arma sales)

Altis is going to be my "unicorns and rainbows". I've seen enough videos and the live stream to know the Island is going to Rock.

My opinion is thus: BIS doesn't have to create EVERY little thing in the simulator. Like I said above, the French Weapons Pack is awesome and BIS did not create it, but a passionate person in the ArmA community created the French Weapons Pack ....I use that Weapons Pack more than the Bohemia weapons.

BIS built the 320 sq km of land (Stratis + Altis + Agean Sea) with some pretty good weapons / vehicles (love the Helo's).....now it's time for the community to do its part. Again, considering the political / historical past that BIS has gone through, we need to give them a break and applaud them for the hard work. See my post above.

While I can entertain myself endlessly with the editor and community content, I don't think that "community will do the work" is a message anyone should be sending.

You're merely switching your expectations from expecting that the entertainment will come from a staffed, skilled and paid company to the people who make content for the game made by those people as a hobby.

I don't think that's fair. I'm sure those people, would like to be entertained sometimes instead of always taking the role of the entertainers for others.

While I can entertain myself endlessly with the editor and community content, I don't think that "community will do the work" is a message anyone should be sending.

You're merely switching your expectations from expecting that the entertainment will come from a staffed, skilled and paid company to the people who make content for the game made by those people as a hobby.

I don't think that's fair. I'm sure those people, would like to be entertained sometimes instead of always taking the role of the entertainers for others.

I think you're falling into the same trap I fell into...and that so many others have on this board: "Your Expectation's Are Way Too High." We need to re-read what Joris wrote and how the company has gone through a meat grinder over the past year....and we must remember how complicated this Mil Sim really is in the end. Also, I'm still holding out hope that they will put more stuff (weapons, vehicles, etc) in the game in the near future.

As for expectations, many are unrealistic ........ and by a lot of people around here (Opinion = Perspective and is Subjective). Many gamer's (like myself) were hoping for something like the following: "I want a stealth fighter with Complicated Weapons Radar / Weather Radar. I want that plane to be undetected by Radar on the ground. BTW, I want Radar on the ground. Also, I want Lasers shooting down from Planes and Satellites. Also, I want Super Weapons of the future that use sonic sound waves to bust the AI's eardrums and cause their eyes to bleed..... all you have to do is send an AC 130 (or something new like it) over the battlefield with super sonic sound-waves coming out of some super secret starting point that will descend upon the AI and break their eardrums and cause their eyes to bleed. Oh, and how about an invisible uniform that goes undetected by the human eye. Come on BIS....get with the program." Nope, it ain't gonna happen.

If you read what Joris and Jay said the other day on one of the PC magazines websites (can't remember which one): Altis is the new flash point between a 'FAILING Economic' West v. an Aggressive East. It doesn't sound like the West (NATO) is putting a whole lot of investment in Altis, so maybe that is why we won't see to many "Super Secret" weapons at the start of the campaign.

Finally: What do you think those 70 dev's have been doing for the past 3 years? Goofing Off? No way. They have been working their butts off to give us Altis......lets reserve judgement until FINAL RELEASE.

Edited by rehtus777

lets reserve judgement until FINAL RELEASE.

Very wise choice of words. I wonder if they will ever say those words.

That being said, they repeatedly say not everyone works on one thing. So I fail to see how all 70 have been working on giving us Altis.

Expectations too high? Well maybe if expecting we wouldnt fall behind arma 2 is too high then... What I think you really mean is that one shouldnt have expectations at all.

Though honestly quite a few things were not expectations but fact. Until they became unfacts.

---edit---

actually on rereading your post I realise its a load of "nonsense" youre just listing some extreme things.

Weapon resting, firing from vehicles, female soldiers, move while changing weapons, ability to climb over objects, melee, realistic wounding system, fixing the action menu.

http://feedback.arma3.com/plugin.php?page=Vote/list_bugs

pretty much the top 10-15 requested things on the tracker.

THe I want a stealth fighter comes from being shown a stealth fighter. Who knew when advertising something you would expect to see the actual product. Unless youre Gearbox and they got reamed for it. To be fair they didnt say the things were not ingame before launch. And features that were in earlier series were put in a dlc.

Actually here is a good question.

If Altis/editor was cut from launch to be put in at an unknown date in the future would you still be the way you are now?

Edited by Masharra

This is kind of what I have trouble with. It seems like that message is getting louder with every release as well. Also to be fair, I don't mind downloading a few mods to enhance ArmA, but when I have to download like 20-40 mods or huge mod downloads like ACE that almost require me to use a third party program to keep it up to date without a huge headache, I feel that something is really lacking from the game if a large portion of the community has to turn to this "golden" mod so to speak. I know that's going to go against the grain of some users and I can understand that it's not a big deal to them. I think it's a large part of what really keeps ArmA a niche game or "out of the hands" of a more mainstream audience, more so than any aspect of the game itself. I'm not trying to knock mods, or have a negative few of them or their creator's, I just feel like it's almost becoming a must to mod ArmA to the hilt from day 1 to actually get much out of it.

This is kind of what I have trouble with. It seems like that message is getting louder with every release as well. Also to be fair, I don't mind downloading a few mods to enhance ArmA, but when I have to download like 20-40 mods or huge mod downloads like ACE that almost require me to use a third party program to keep it up to date without a huge headache, I feel that something is really lacking from the game if a large portion of the community has to turn to this "golden" mod so to speak. I know that's going to go against the grain of some users and I can understand that it's not a big deal to them. I think it's a large part of what really keeps ArmA a niche game or "out of the hands" of a more mainstream audience, more so than any aspect of the game itself. I'm not trying to knock mods, or have a negative few of them or their creator's, I just feel like it's almost becoming a must to mod ArmA to the hilt from day 1 to actually get much out of it.

Exactly. This is precisely why I'm gunning for a mod auto-downloader, it would be a hell of a lot easier.

Very wise choice of words. I wonder if they will ever say those words.

That being said, they repeatedly say not everyone works on one thing. So I fail to see how all 70 have been working on giving us Altis.

Expectations too high? Well maybe if expecting we wouldnt fall behind arma 2 is too high then... What I think you really mean is that one shouldnt have expectations at all.

Though honestly quite a few things were not expectations but fact. Until they became unfacts.

---edit---

actually on rereading your post I realise its a load of "nonsense" youre just listing some extreme things.

Weapon resting, firing from vehicles, female soldiers, move while changing weapons, ability to climb over objects, melee, realistic wounding system, fixing the action menu.

http://feedback.arma3.com/plugin.php?page=Vote/list_bugs

pretty much the top 10-15 requested things on the tracker.

THe I want a stealth fighter comes from being shown a stealth fighter. Who knew when advertising something you would expect to see the actual product. Unless youre Gearbox and they got reamed for it. To be fair they didnt say the things were not ingame before launch. And features that were in earlier series were put in a dlc.

Actually here is a good question.

If Altis/editor was cut from launch to be put in at an unknown date in the future would you still be the way you are now?

HAHAHAHA.....then go right ahead and delete ArmA 3 off your steam account.

As for the "70 Dev's"....I think you know what I mean. Sure, maybe some of them work on "Take on Mars" or whatever, but the majority of them most likely work on ArmA 3..... their "flagship" game.

As for "Falling behind ArmA 2"....lets see you run a company that has international implications going on within its ranks. The "incident" in Limnos was a "GAME CHANGER".... live with it. Rumor has it that BIS almost cut ArmA 3 because of this incident.....be happy you have 300 sq km of "sandbox" to play in. Looking at your account, you probably only paid .....what..... $29.99 for ArmA 3. Correct? Chill. Enjoy Altis when it is released.....you got your money's worth.

Read post #6177 and then you'll understand where I'm coming from on this issue. As for the "Stealth Fighter"....I was being facetious.....using an extreme example of "Expectations." Again, wait until Final Release and then by Christmas make a Judgement Call.

Side note: Damn....BIS....I'm doing my best to fight off the horde :p Just kidding....I'm trying to educate the masses.

Edited by rehtus777

How come there is time for a campaign blog and not any time for optimization blog?

Makes me wonder :)

HAHAHAH.....then go right ahead and delete ArmA 3 off your steam account.

As for the "70 Dev's"....I think you know what I mean. Sure, maybe some of them work on "Take on Mars" or whatever, but the majority of them most likely work on ArmA 3..... their "flagship" game.

As for "Falling behind ArmA 2"....lets see you run a company that has international implications going on within its ranks. The "incident" in Limnos was a "GAME CHANGER".... live with it. Rumor has it that BIS almost cut ArmA 3 because of this incident.....be happy you have 300 sq km of "sandbox" to play in. Looking at your account, you probably only paid .....what..... $29.99 for ArmA 3. Correct? Chill. Enjoy Altis when it is released.....you got your money's worth.

Read post #6177 and then you'll understand where I'm coming from on this issue. As for the "Stealth Fighter"....I was being facetious.....using an extreme example of "Expectations." Again, wait until Final Release and then by Christmas make a Judgement Call.

Side note: Damn....BIS....I'm doing my best to fight off the horde :p Just kidding....I'm trying to educate the masses.

Im not sure what madness you are talking. Youre going into blind happiness mode. I never stopped supporting bis. Since when does disagreeing, and doubting = stop supporting? I still support them. I still hope for the best. The difference is I am willing to let them know that this is unacceptable. This should not be the norm.

OH SHITE I just noticed. Did you add "and then by Christmas"? Its funny. First it was "its only alpha wait for beta, then it was its beta wait for launch, at launch it will be wait for Christmas, then it will be wait for dlc"

Be happy I have 300sq km of sandbox to play in? Do you know how much of Chernarus I havent been in? How much of Takistan? Youre like a car salesman who keeps telling me how fast the car goes but keeps quiet on mpg. As for be happy? Where did I indicate I was not happy about it?

Also 70 devs :D Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead - http://s10.postimg.org/744qktrzd/screenshot_2013_08_08.png http://s10.postimg.org/qahxo08h5/screenshot_2013_08_08.png

Now I note you ignored the latter part of my post and the latter part of Sniperwolfs post.

Its odd that you are telling to make my judgement when the game is released and at Christmas, and at the same time you are telling me I will enjoy it. Now I dont know, but then again Altis was never the point of contention. Well it was for you, but no one else is talking about it.

I should also note repeating what they said is irrelevant. Infact the whole blog post could be summed up with two words. "Shit Happened" They are relying wholly on the fact that we are fanboys.

Now you may think because we display displeasure that we arent fanboys. But the only reason I dont have supporters edition is because I had shit support when I tried ordering it and said F it. Its why I made, I pestered, numerous friends to get the supporters edition. Even though the only reason they even know about bis is because I talk about arma 2 all the time and I assured them that it will be peanut butter jelly.

To talk as if I dont love the bloody series is well disappointing.

Edited by Masharra

Im not sure what madness you are talking. Youre going into blind happiness mode. I never stopped supporting bis. Since when does disagreeing, and doubting = stop supporting? I still support them. I still hope for the best. The difference is I am willing to let them know that this is unacceptable. This should not be the norm.

OH SHITE I just noticed. Did you add "and then by Christmas"?

Be happy I have 300sq km of sandbox to play in? Do you know how much of Chernarus I havent been in? How much of Takistan? Youre like a car salesman who keeps telling me how fast the car goes but keeps quiet on mpg.

Also 70 devs :D Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead - http://s10.postimg.org/744qktrzd/screenshot_2013_08_08.png http://s10.postimg.org/qahxo08h5/screenshot_2013_08_08.png

Now I note you ignored the latter part of my post and the latter part of Sniperwolfs post.

I like that, blind happiness mode ENGAGED! :bounce3:

It is especially important to stop being nice and cute with "I support BIS." It's the community that will make the game live thereafter. The community spoke and it doesn't suit us. I love games created by BIS I hardly plays as a ArmA series and I have to be honest the information coming these days I do not like. And I'm not the only !

OH SHITE I just noticed. Did you add "and then by Christmas"? Its funny. First it was "its only alpha wait for beta, then it was its beta wait for launch, at launch it will be wait for Christmas, then it will be wait for dlc"

Be happy I have 300sq km of sandbox to play in? Do you know how much of Chernarus I havent been in? How much of Takistan? Youre like a car salesman who keeps telling me how fast the car goes but keeps quiet on mpg. As for be happy? Where did I indicate I was not happy about it?

Its odd that you are telling to make my judgement when the game is released and at Christmas, and at the same time you are telling me I will enjoy it. Now I dont know, but then again Altis was never the point of contention. Well it was for you, but no one else is talking about it.

I should also note repeating what they said is irrelevant. Infact the whole blog post could be summed up with two words. "Shit Happened" They are relying wholly on the fact that we are fanboys.

Now you may think because we display displeasure that we arent fanboys. But the only reason I dont have supporters edition is because I had shit support when I tried ordering it and said F it. Its why I made, I pestered, numerous friends to get the supporters edition. Even though the only reason they even know about bis is because I talk about arma 2 all the time and I assured them that it will be peanut butter jelly.

To talk as if I dont love the bloody series is well disappointing.

Did you read post #6177? Probably not. If you did read #6177 then you'd understand the "Christmas" comment. Grow up. Just because they release the Final, this does not mean that it is going to be "Golden" in your eyes....it's going to be a WIP for several months.....just like Battlefield or COD or GTA5. You brag on ArmA 2, but back in 2009 you would have given up on ArmA 2 considering all the bugs....man, it was a mess.....but now it is a damn great Mil Sim considering the year it was created.

By "Christmas" .... I mean that gives them plenty of time to fix the bugs - get most of the SP campaign out - and add new content. At that point (Christmas) , write me and tell me what you think of ArmA 3.....I'll be waiting.

As for you saying that I'm the only one who is making Altis "Contention".....you're dead wrong...... that Island is the "Crown Jewel" of ArmA 3. Altis is going to be the selling point for BIS and everyone knows it.

Again, IF you read 6177 and especially pay close attention to the first part about BF3, then you'll understand what I'm getting at here. Be patient.

As for not getting the "Supporters Edition," you had months to get....lame excuse. But SINCE you did not get the Supporters Edition, then you only paid about $30....again.....a steal for getting to play on Altis.

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

It is especially important to stop being nice and cute with "I support BIS." It's the community that will make the game live thereafter. The community spoke and it doesn't suit us. I love games created by BIS I hardly plays as a ArmA series and I have to be honest the information coming these days I do not like. And I'm not the only !

"The Community Spoke".....who is the "Community" ? The negative "Minority"? I've talked to several others in the "Community" and they agree with me....some have chimed in, others have not. To use the word "Community" in your mind as the Whole is a major fallacy. Nice try, though.

Edited by rehtus777

I think it's very interesting how such arbitrarily defined things such as labels and "official releases" are so important to certain people here. If BIS had decided to release the full game content (including Altis etc.) on the originally planned release date but retained the "beta" label up until the day the campaign was released, nobody here would have batted an eyelid - even though the objective difference it made to us would have been zero.

All this fuss is about dropping an arbitrary label "too early", nothing more.

That "arbitrary label" is what some people use as an indication as to when it is safe to buy. It was the reason why a lot of people (rightfully) bashed the WarZ, because they decided to put that arbitrary label on too early, calling a beta version a finished release. BIS is about to do the same, and all of a sudden, it's okay?

It is also an arbitrary label when reviewers start to make reviews. The point when they say that people might want to hold off buying Arma 3 until they know for sure that the promised DLC comes out. After all, one year after its release (another arbitrary label if you will) ACR hasn't seen any patch or update either.

Most of all, though, it is a legal label when the publisher has finished his product, and everything else becomes post-release support. IIRC, the supporter edition I bought said "DLC, if any". Now, we have sort of an announcement that there will be free DLC for the campaign, but I am not quite sold on the idea that four weeks down the line we don't hear another "we currently do not have the resources to do X".

So yeah, bottom line, the "arbitrary label" DOES matter. A lot.

---------- Post added at 13:21 ---------- Previous post was at 13:17 ----------

As will most of the other equipment too. Arma 3 is not really that futuristic, it's mostly things that are already available today. The only thing futuristic about it seems to be that everything is renamed with some fictional "future" designation, maybe to avoid having to pay licensing fees to the manufacturers?

By the way, this is an excellent page for information on the Arma 3 weapons:

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Arma_3

Sadly, a wrong list, since there is no more Bernelli, KSG, or XM25

---------- Post added at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:21 ----------

I'm trying to educate the masses.

You gotta be kidding, right?

By "Christmas" .... I mean that gives them plenty of time to fix the bugs - get most of the SP campaign out - and add new content. At that point (Christmas) , write me and tell me what you think of ArmA 3.....I'll be waiting.

Dunno about you but I judge games when they get released, not months after (and so do reviewers).

As for you saying that I'm the only one who is making Altis "Contention".....you're dead wrong...... that Island is the "Crown Jewel" of ArmA 3. Altis is going to be the selling point for BIS and everyone knows it.

Oh really? What if I told you I know multiple communities that wont be buying/supporting arma3 just because the gameplay is too arcadish, they dont give a shit about altis if soldiers use magic healthpacks and lack of inertia allows you to breakdance. What I understand from your logic, the only thing that matters is altis, doesnt matter wether the gameplay is shit. Oh and AI..

Be patient.

Most of us have been patient for 3 years, just so we can wait months again AFTER release for the game to be actually finished, actually we dont know if the game will get finished post release because all we got is "maybe's". Probably will end up being the community again that "fixes" the game.

It's the community that will make the game live thereafter
who is the "Community" ? The negative "Minority"?

you're wrong, community it's only player who playing the game until the first opus, and player belong on team, support and play the game each day.

If this community say that they are not agree with the latest information, is a negative minority ?

read again

You gotta be kidding, right?

Nope. Either you're for or against BIS's decision...... it really is that simple. Time is the factor. Patients is the key element.

I've been through this before over and over again with COD and Battlefield....same crap. The Masses Whine and Moan because EA / DICE or Treyarch / Infinity Ward don't get it right on FINAL.....they expect the Final Release to be the End All To Be All, but in the real world, it's only the beginning of a Work In Progress. ArmA 3 will be the same.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Dunno about you but I judge games when they get released, not months after (and so do reviewers).

Oh really? What if I told you I know multiple communities that wont be buying/supporting arma3 just because the gameplay is too arcadish, they dont give a shit about altis if soldiers use magic healthpacks and lack of inertia allows you to breakdance. What I understand from your logic, the only thing that matters is altis, doesnt matter wether the gameplay is shit. Oh and AI..

Most of us have been patient for 3 years, just so we can wait months again AFTER release for the game to be actually finished, actually we dont know if the game will get finished post release because all we got is "maybe's". Probably will end up being the community again that "fixes" the game.

3 years....hahahah...give me a break.....for most games (other than corporate games like COD and Battlefield) you have to wait many years for squeals (3 to 7 years).

Again, if you don't like Bohemia's decision, then delete your account. But, I bet your won't.....why? Because you know ArmA 3 is a great Mil Sim with a gorgeous Island about to be released. Also, you realize that the company went through hell over the past year and you want to give them a chance.....right?

Patients? :O

When it's done it's done, and there's little we can do to change how BIS will do things and what BIS will add/change/remove.

you're wrong, community it's only player who playing the game until the first opus, and player belong on team, support and play the game each day.

If this community say that they are not agree with the latest information, is a negative minority ?

read again

Again....when you say "Community".....what does that mean? A small minority? Most everyone? What? Again.....fallacy. Until you provide stats, then maybe you shouldn't lump ALL of us in the "Community" as the Whole being against Bohemia Interactive and their decesions.

Edited by rehtus777

Again, if you don't like Bohemia's decision, then delete your account. But, I bet your won't.....why? Because you know ArmA 3 is a great Mil Sim with a gorgeous Island about to be released. Also, you realize that the company went through hell over the past year and you want to give them a chance.....right?

Stop acting like you know people. No, I dont "know that arma3 is a great milsim", arma3 is not even close to being a milsim in this current state. Even the devs themselfes deny that its a milsim, and with all the simplifying going on I dont consider this a worthy arma sequel (in this state), again I dont give a shit about your "gorgeous island" if other game elements are not finished or simplified (especcially since some of them are gamebreakers to me and many others). With patient for 3 years I mean all the negative things that happened to the development of arma3, first release date being delayed, then silence from the devs for about half of 2012 then all the axed/simplified features, now campaign and other content being delayed/split into DLCs. With patience I dont mean that we had to wait 3 years till we can get our hands on arma3, I mean patience till we lose our optimism.