Sign in to follow this  
Silent Sniper

Vehicle Physics

Ever since I saw the last VBS1 update, which was the convoy pack many years ago, I've always wanted a game that featured the freedom of movement that I saw in that.

I managed to find the videos on youtube.

Ve-GqkbQrF4&

K_rvhNZ0gzc&

I would really like to see the Devs have a go at this again, I really doubt it will be in ArmA 3, or any other game for a long time.

Anyone else remember/want this?

ArmA III will be using PhysX by NVIDIA, the same as VBS2.

Edited by Nicholas

Simple spelling mistake, no need to be an ass about it. And I believe you should read the forum rules.

§5)No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles.

Spam will be fined with post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

Edited by Nicholas

Are we able to fire inside choppers now?.

I hope so that would be cool :).

And I loved the video of them loading up a jeep into the chopper :O

Simple spelling mistake, no need to be an ass about it. And I believe you should read the forum rules.

sorry not spam, I pointed out that your post had an error in it which would have otherwise confused the OP.

sorry not spam, I pointed out that your post had an error in it which would have otherwise confused the OP.

You didn't point it out, you simply quoted my post and said "fail". That's not helping at all.

I haven't looked into VBS2 much, I just remembered these videos from years ago.

If this kind of thing made it into ArmA 3 it would make it a much more interesting and enjoyable experience.

Imagine your squad running out the back of a C130 to do a halo drop, or being a sharpshooter in a Blackhawk.

Edited by Silent Sniper

I haven't looked into VBS2 much, I just remembered these videos from years ago.

If this kind of thing made it into ArmA 3 it would make it a much more interesting and enjoyable experience.

Imagine your squad running out the back of a C130 to do a halo drop, or being a sharpshooter in a Blackhawk.

I think walking through a C130 as a double-agent or whacko and shooting the pilot, then jumping out, would be a pretty cool possibility... NOT A NECESSARY ONE... Just a cool possibility if I want to do it sometime ;)

All for it regardless~!

Arma vehicle physics offers the greatest ability for the US to return to the moon and deep orbit.

you walk around in a static C-130 in HALO missions in OA

And therein lies the problem.

I always wanted to be able to throw a grenade / smoke bomb / bullets into a vehicle, instead of just bouncing off it.

I allways wanted to have coop missions where a sqyad would simple run out of the chopper, instead of swooshswoosh teleporting. Please BIS oh please, give us this! :(

I wonder if it's a Multiplayer reason why this kind of thing wasn't put into ArmA/ArmA2 in the first place, or if it just wasn't seen as an important gameplay element.

I would imagine when you take Physics + Vehicles + Ping + CPU intensive mission, you might get some collision problems and/or glitchy deaths.

I was pretty amazed when I first saw these vids, as OFP had some pretty horrible collision detection already.

Edited by Silent Sniper

I wonder if it's a Multiplayer reason why this kind of thing wasn't put into ArmA/ArmA2 in the first place, or if it just wasn't seen as an important gameplay element.

I would imagine when you take Physics + Vehicles + Ping + CPU intensive mission, you might get some collision problems and/or glitchy deaths.

I was pretty amazed when I first saw these vids, as OFP had some pretty horrible collision detection already.

Indeed, without some netcode (or whatever it's called, hell, I don't know) improvements, it would only really be good for Singleplayer.

Also, it would be cool if collisions would affect the passengers, so a SAM hitting a chopper would knock around anybody who isn't in their seat. That would be epic :yay:

Isn't netcode one of the things BIS said they are working on?

I don't think vehicle physics is something that will add a whole lot to the game out of the box. Mods will make great use of it though.

Out of the box I can see moving cargo would be easier. But moving around inside a truck won't be that useful. Would be excellent if we could finally shoot out of the BMP gun ports though

Arma vehicle physics offers the greatest ability for the US to return to the moon and deep orbit.

you know what? you deserved it too...

YouDaManJesus.jpg

I'd just like to be able to drag a dead body out of a truck and USE said truck :D And take a tank and roll over smaller cars/trucks and nomnom them if up close and personal :D

There is no need for this at the moment.

So when would it be needed? if ever?

Considering ArmA is a military sim, I would of thought simulating things you can do in real life as a pretty standard thing.

Also I'm sure the coop fans would welcome such a thing, it would make a open top truck or other vehicle with no mounted guns able to return fire while retreating or being ambushed. (Yes I know the best option in a ambush is to get out and use the vehicle as cover)

I just think it would make the game more dynamic and fun.

If you like the vehicle physics as of now. Get an ATV, go on Takistan and try ride without dying for half an hour. :p

If you like the vehicle physics as of now. Get an ATV, go on Takistan and try ride without dying for half an hour. :p

Well duh, that's only because the Pentagon appropriations committee decided to go with high-tech solid diamond tires.