Sign in to follow this  
OrdeaL

ArmA 2 OA Beta Build 82604

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Changelog:

[82590] Fixed: Message "Creating debriefing" no longer appearing in the rpt file.

Plus im pretty sure they fixed the Laser pointer that was aiming at your feet.

Edited by OrdeaL

Could someone please confirm this beta is still a 1.59? I noticed the installer warning has a blank space where the major release version normally is. Probably a typo but I'd rather not take a chance on losing MP compatibility at the moment.

Installing the beta and reverting to previous beta is like 10 seconds total man

Betas had that blank space since forever now.

Installing the beta and reverting to previous beta is like 10 seconds total man

I was under the impression that the RC betas, as opposed to the regular ones, also overwrite game files and required a reinstall to revert. Pretty sure that was the case with the previous ones at least. Did I get that wrong? Most of the betas at least do mention the 'Are you sure you want to update to version 1.xx, etc, etc'.

Again, not saying this one does, just wanting to double-check first.

You got that wrong. RC was like a single case of that. These betas are barely anything else but game's exe and some files installed into another directory.

Could someone please confirm this beta is still a 1.59?
confirmed: yuofve9w.jpg

Flashing black polys are still there

Got a CTD when trying to load savegame with "unable to load savegame" even though it was made in the same mission just 5 minutes ago.

Not made in the same beta patch though, yes?

Eh? I was playing the mission with this beta. I saved. 5 minutes later I got killed. I tried to reload - crash. Launched the game - tried to continue the level from the savegame - crash.

Sent logs to Dwarden of course

Has anything changed concerning spotting of infantry by choppers? Twice now with the new beta our team was nearly wiped out by a chopper that magically detected us before actually cresting the hill. Might have been coincidence, but it never did that.

Flashing black polys are still there

Got a CTD when trying to load savegame with "unable to load savegame" even though it was made in the same mission just 5 minutes ago.

Well that happens sometimes, not specific to any certain version, but more randomly.

Just delete the savegame that doesn't work and revert to the one before that, if that doesn't work either, repeat until you find one that does.

Sometimes I suspected that this corruption of savegames was due to some weapon I picked up, but then that wasn't anything unusual, and also it didn't corrupt the savegames every time.

Has anybody found that when you have your weapon in aimed mode (right mouse button pressed) and you try to turn around it looks like weapon moves not smooth?

Plus im pretty sure they fixed the Laser pointer that was aiming at your feet.

The offset between the laser designator and the crosshair has been fixed! I checked it Village Sweep.

Just had an instance where the screen went black and then the application lost focus with this beta, and I was unable to get it back. Nothing in the .rpt file to indicate a problem. :confused:

I was flying around in a jet over the ocean and it was only after about 5 minutes of playing. The game was using ~600 MB according to Task Manager when I had to close it, so no memory leak.

Ah, so that's what it was. Yeah, I know that problem well. Usually there is some sort of popup saying the driver crashed, but no such message this time. I dunno if it's BIS or nVidia, but this has been a fairly serious, annoying, long-term issue.

You can remedy it without restarting the game. When you get the black screen press SHIFT + MINUS (or NUMPAD_MINUS) then simply type flush

If your videocards aren't OC'ed you'll get back into the game and be able to continue playing it like nothing happened.

If you have them OC'ed - well... Chances are they are now running at low speeds so the only way to remedy that is to disable-enable them in the device manager and it will also require you to restart the game.

Yeah, and actually in addition it will disable SLI, and the only way to fix that is to disable/re-enable in drivers. Pretty annoying.

Ah, so that's what it was. Yeah, I know that problem well. Usually there is some sort of popup saying the driver crashed, but no such message this time. I dunno if it's BIS or nVidia, but this has been a fairly serious, annoying, long-term issue.

Look in Windows Event Viewer for description of NVIDIA driver error after these CTDs.

---------------------------------

It sure looks like CTDs related to AToC have gone away in this and the last beta. Running with AA=low and AToC=7. It makes my 295 run hotter, but always under 89 C using EVGA Precision to control fan speed which tops at 80%. Always hotter in Chernarus than Takistan due to increased veg. Most of the time temps in Takistan are under 83 C even after hours of play. Frankly it is difficult for me to see the effects of AToC veg rendering.

Note: Playing CWR2 Bomberman scenario (awesome), which I believe uses the vanilla 1.59 executable, I still get substantial FPS decrease while looking through scope into forest and grass, but there is fog in that scenario which may slow things down more than usual.

http://tinyurl.com/6z29k99

Edited by OMAC

The new entry 'preferredObjectViewDistance' in profile is nice;

I think it came with the TOH preview but since it´s written in the shared profile it should be active in OA, too, isn´t it?

The new entry 'preferredObjectViewDistance' in profile is nice;

I think it came with the TOH preview but since it´s written in the shared profile it should be active in OA, too, isn´t it?

No, unfortunately it's not. OA doesn't recognize this parameter, or maybe not now. Just wanted to say: we can still hope! :D

in the time when I had a 9800gtx and a gtx260 (both would do what you described after a certain driver was released and continued to since), I think a way I fixed the low speeds is to use a OC program like rivatuner, where you can go in and force 3d mode rather than let the card clock down in 2d mode like it does, however to get it to actually work might require some extra steps.

EDIT: Regarding Rivatuner, I haven't used it for some time so I do not know how up to date it is now and days for it to even work properly. In which case I'd suggest trying to set your power management settings in your Nvidia display options to Maximum power rather than Adaptive to see if it solves the problem (probably won't, but who knows).

Edited by Steakslim