Sign in to follow this  
manzilla

ArmA 2 OA Beta Build 82489

This is not good. The problem with my CTDs is that I don't think they leave the full 3 dump files. Do you get them on CTD?

No as the game itself doesn't crash. The best I'll get is like "D3DDEVICE LOST" or something like that in RPT. After FLUSH if you haven't OC'ed your videocard you can keep playing as normal.

Strange thing is that I get same driver crashes in CWA 1.99 but didn't in OFP 1.96

For me, this beta seems stable, I have not had any more CTDs (ATOC=0), and performance is good.

I had an out of memory CTD with this beta (well I got the message the game may have not enough memory and then 30 mins later it CTD'ed so that's the cause I assume). My first crash of OA in a year. Sent crashlogs to Dwarden of course.

AFAIK, I've never had an out of memory crash. Fingers crossed.

My card is not OC'd, so I hope I can resume the game after flush next time. But with ATOC=0 I hardly ever get CTD. My first CTD in a very long time occurred today with this beta.

How to use it:

[82451] New: AI FSMs can be disabled using unit disableAI "FSM".

ingame?

How to use it:

ingame?

It says so right there?

unit disableAI "FSM"

Where "unit" is of course to be replaced by the name of the unit, or "this" if you put it in the init line.

I played A2/OA for several hours last night with AToC=7, in an attempt to get a CTD, and didn't get one, but I had AA disabled, so I guess AToC was thus also disabled.

Edited by OMAC

I can confirm the issue with the brown triangles. They flash up usually for a tenth of a second while changing from zoom to standard view. I also own an AMD card, a 6950.

Then there is a bug that if you have a TWS weapon and look through it and then change to for example the range finder you got yourself a TWS binocular. If you use the key n to change the view you can't activate it anymore. Anyway this might be a problem in multiplayer.

Well, I've got that one bookmarked, but I was thinking of a real forum post by Dwarden the man himself. Thanks anyway!!!

All I needed to know was whether AToC would work with AA disabled, which apparently it will not. That's in the 1.59 changelog:

[77289] Improved: Vegetation rendering using AToC (require antialiasing enabled)

I'm now playing with AA at low and AToC=7, and I still haven't had a CTD... :)

How exactly command disableAI "FSM" works? Especially with "danger" fsm. Because I tried this command and this have no effect on any behaviour. Unit just leave formation and stand at one place. But he is still in current behaviour. Example: Firefight. One unit got command disableAI "FSM". After that he got command moveTo. But his movement not changed. He is still moving slow and looks around like in "combat" behaviour.

How exactly command disableAI "FSM" works? Especially with "danger" fsm. Because I tried this command and this have no effect on any behaviour. Unit just leave formation and stand at one place. But he is still in current behaviour. Example: Firefight. One unit got command disableAI "FSM". After that he got command moveTo. But his movement not changed. He is still moving slow and looks around like in "combat" behaviour.

It disables defined complex FSM execution and behavior on a unit. For example, some AI mods will execute additional FSM's on the unit, on top of what is defined in the CfgVehicles classes.

This command will disable execution of everything but the basic engine behavior for the unit; thus reducing the amount of FSM execution going on at any given time on the server.

Again though, like I said, the engine has basic behavior for any given AI unit outside of the purview of FSM's or scripts, and this behavior still executes.

All I can say so far is that I experience the fact that thr higher the build number the more frequent the crashes happen.

I tried all -malloc=X settings including deleting the parameter

BSOD or forced reboot will always happen after at least 30-40 minutes and it does not matter if its a heavily crowded MP mission or just a simple Editor scenario with very few units.

No of such problem with 1.59.79600 so far.

Played for several hours, no crashes or issues at all. Using malloc=3.

-malloc=3 , tons of addons with ZERO crashes....... good job on this one !

I played a mission using allot of scripts / ACE2 based, patrols, heli scipts, Modules / High command on chernarus and a few times it freaked out on me in the past, I played 3 hours solid yesterday evening with no freeze/crashes.

malloc =3
Since the beta that introduced it, isnt the ones after it incl this already default to =3? Im sure I read a suma post or one BIS member mention it. Edited by mrcash2009

Since the beta that introduced it, isnt the ones after it incl this already default to =3? Im sure I read a suma post or one BIS member mention it.

Yes. Last I read =3 is default now.

All I can say so far is that I experience the fact that thr higher the build number the more frequent the crashes happen.

I tried all -malloc=X settings including deleting the parameter

BSOD or forced reboot will always happen after at least 30-40 minutes and it does not matter if its a heavily crowded MP mission or just a simple Editor scenario with very few units.

No of such problem with 1.59.79600 so far.

You sure you are uninstalling the previous betas properly? You seem to manually have to do this in the "expansions" folder. Definitely getting more stable as we go for me.

You sure you are uninstalling the previous betas properly? You seem to manually have to do this in the "expansions" folder. Definitely getting more stable as we go for me.
Yes im aware of the beta uninstaller not working.

Yes, I think we're getting fairly close to 1.60. Except that the laser/crosshair offset MUST BE FIXED! That is a complete show-stopper in my book.

-----------------------

Never mind. I think Suma has fixed it:

Updated by Suma 2 days ago

Status changed from Assigned to Resolved

Strange. What I have seen was even a lot worse misalignment - the laser dot was projected right beneath my feet, making it absolutely unusable. This is fixed in 82503 and I see no misalignment now. I hope this fixes your problem as well.

Awesome. :bounce3:

Edited by OMAC

Running this server beta gives the error on the client that some files are not signed by a key accepted by this server. The problem is experienced under 1.59, but the client never popped up this error before trying the beta server.

NOTE: Nevermind. Some how the bi2.bikey file was gone from the server.

Edited by Focher

It disables defined complex FSM execution and behavior on a unit. For example, some AI mods will execute additional FSM's on the unit, on top of what is defined in the CfgVehicles classes.

This command will disable execution of everything but the basic engine behavior for the unit; thus reducing the amount of FSM execution going on at any given time on the server.

Again though, like I said, the engine has basic behavior for any given AI unit outside of the purview of FSM's or scripts, and this behavior still executes.

Would this make it possible to now give animals waypoints? Or are we still not able to disable the "wander randomly and never do what you're told" AI behind animals?