Sign in to follow this  
neilbrady

Get rid of 'tab and shoot' and get bipods in!!!

I think grenades should use the method that AA3 uses. If you want to see proper sights for grenade launchers then look at AA3 as well...

Except that, according to the video posted previously, you need to see the area that you wish to impact. ArmA3 needs a method of blind throwing with a reasonable way of simulating a blind lob with control.

One thing I like as well is that you can cook the grenade while aiming at the same spot. In Arma you kind of cook it while throwing it further.... That needs taking a look at.

Unless you can suggest a better method that is more realistic concerning the aircraft we have, don't moan.

For example, can you make it so that you can slew the Mavericks on the A10? Can we have a fully functional Longbow on the Apache?

One thing I like as well is that you can cook the grenade while aiming at the same spot. In Arma you kind of cook it while throwing it further.... That needs taking a look at.

Although I appreciate the benefits of cooking the grenade, it does represent using the grenade outside of its proper use, which is something maybe outside the initial BIS development? Dunno.

Unless you can suggest a better method that is more realistic concerning the aircraft we have, don't moan.

For example, can you make it so that you can slew the Mavericks on the A10? Can we have a fully functional Longbow on the Apache?

In arma 2? No. In arma 3? We will have the capability to make it happen. With RTT you CAN have the most realistic targeting method possible.

Nah, you can have a functioning longbow radar, it's just a bit unconventional for mainstream, we all want Arma to be a sim sure but lets face it, BI walks the fine line between attracting new people and keeping the old so they can't go full simulation but they won't go full mainstream either.

In the end the deepest of simulation aspects will always come from within the community.

RTT would make the targetting more enjoyable sure but something as simple (even currently) as the gunner forced to lase the target and require a LOS (unless the vehicle is otherwise outfitted/designed) would be a great step from the tab lock.

A cycle method would still be required for radar lock assisted vehicles however.

My pistol has a bipod...

maan...:icon_ohmygod:

@ NodUnit

Exactly. What makes Arma/BIS so great is that it is open architecture and can be modded up or down for realism.

Given the game as is (vanilla), nothing else that sits on a consumer shelf at Best Buy holds a candle for realism.

Viva La Arma! Viva La BIS!

I wouldn't mind rests (I thought they were already looking into that)

Yeah I remember hearing something about that as well, wonder what ever happened with that? I guess right now with AI warping and stuff, BIS just figured to focus more on that and trying to get that all sorted. Well either way, I wouldn't mind having this implemented in A3. It's one of the main features I liked with ACE. And doesn't Invasion have something similar? I must admit, I did like the feel of that system a wee bit more because you didn't have to fumble with key combinations, just go up to something and it seemed to automatically sense you are (trying to) rest your MG on something and I think you could have a icon of sorts pop up in the corner so you know you are "resting". Pretty cool stuff all around. :D

Hopefully, if this isn't something BIS wants to do for ArmA 3, hopefully someone or some team will be able to do something with weapon resting. :)

I should like to maybe see a marker where the grenade is expected to land, or hit, moveable with the mouse after you've decided to throw, with a cancel option.

VBS2 has a visible white arc model that displays the arc of the grenade were it to be thrown at that point. But it seems too accurate to me, I'd prefer a marker that has some amount of natural variance in it, a ring of probability or a graded marker say.

Perhaps an arc that gets more vague with distance until it disappears.

...First of all, get rid of that tab and shoot shit, its unrealistic and annoying, why not use something a bit more realistic like mando missile mod.

Way to make things more "complicated". Is "complicated" equal to "realism"? I think the system right now needs improvement, but adding complex, interface based simulation routines that are challenging to learn puts the hurdle a little too high, I think. Especially seeing as BI is trying to tap into a new market (ie, mature, casual gamers looking for a deeper, freer, tactical experience.) where peoples attention spans are short, this could end up being a reason for people to drop the game. (In the worst case, at least.)

MMA has its place, but as a mod, it does the job much better than any system like it, implemented from the dev side. I for one don´t use MMA because I can´t figure out how to use the different weapons on helos, for example. Part of that may be because I don´t want to invest my precious time in wading trough endless forum threads and piecemeal documentation to learn how to properly use the thing. Same goes for mod work in general.

Things need to be easy to get into, while offering challenging gameplay. Some sort of mechanism is needed to achieve this. Again, a complicated sim-front end for the missles is not the way to go, unless you tether it to difficulty settings.

My two cents

Lets throw in a few more curse words just to see if the swear fairy will make all of your Arma wishes come true.