Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.3 Stable - Release Thread

I tried the Arma2 launcher, which is a great little app but still no luck with ACRE.

Everything seems to work in game. I can see the radio, I can see the transmitting window pop up when I press CapsLock, I can use the vehicle radios.

But In the top right corner of the screen I still see:

"WARNING: ACRE is not connected to Teamspeak!"

Might this have something to do with the fact I'm also running the teamspeak server on my machine?

I usually only play with about 5 guys, and I'm always host. I'd love to get this working.. but im just lost as to what could be the problem.

try to reinstall ACRE, be sure to have the userconfig folder and dsound.dll

If everythings in the correct places and not working, checking AntiVirus and firewall is worth a shot. Some of them seem to block the connection for some godawful reason.

Best tested just by turning them all off and giving it a shot.

If everythings in the correct places and not working, checking AntiVirus and firewall is worth a shot. Some of them seem to block the connection for some godawful reason.

Best tested just by turning them all off and giving it a shot.

That seemed to do it.

Looks like it was my UAC setting for windows. I turned it off.. and now it works.

3 days of searching and trial and error, and it was a windows setting. BAH!

anyway, thanks a bunch for all the help and suggestions. I think it may be worth putting in the readme.

now I just need to get this installed on 5 more machines.... :rolleyes:

That seemed to do it.

Looks like it was my UAC setting for windows. I turned it off.. and now it works.

3 days of searching and trial and error, and it was a windows setting. BAH!

anyway, thanks a bunch for all the help and suggestions. I think it may be worth putting in the readme.

now I just need to get this installed on 5 more machines.... :rolleyes:

HAHAHA thanks windows :p

Now enjoy ACRE :D

Hi,

im running latest ACRE and have an issue i havent found any info about.

When i press the PTT button for acre i hear the radio clicking, but the yellow window that shows what radio im transmitting on isnt coming up.

When i change radio it shows up? I get no warning about being connected to TS3 and when i press PTT and Talk buttons i air on TS so its working that much..

Jaynus, I think ive found the issue I have.

Yes my internet is shit.

But it seems MSN creates massive ping, as well as running any sort of browser.

Im gonna test it tonight without anything other than TS and Arma running. I know you prefer stuff on your bugtracker, but its not techincally a bug, at least i dont think so.

Actually I never really had that yellow "transmitting" screen show (in any version). Actually I had it show a select few times but it have been rare so I don't even know how to reproduce it showing. Could this be a problem with steam or some kind of windows setting? I own the game from steam, run it from Six Updater and play with ACE.

I've got a problem with my ACRE and its only started in the last day or so.

When I try to talk over the radio, nobody can hear me. I can hear people over the radio and people can hear me when I use the directional/local voice but just not on the radio?

I get the yellow box up fine and my teamspeak shows Im connected properly but I cant transmit over the radio, any ideas?

I've reinstalled;

@ACRE

@JayArma2Lib

Teamspeak 3

@CBA

Edited by azz_er

Have you made sure you are on the same frequency/channel as the others or in radio range....

;1989313']Have you made sure you are on the same frequency/channel as the others or in radio range....

Yes.... which is why I can hear them.....

I've got a problem with my ACRE and its only started in the last day or so.

When I try to talk over the radio, nobody can hear me. I can hear people over the radio and people can hear me when I use the directional/local voice but just not on the radio?

I get the yellow box up fine and my teamspeak shows Im connected properly but I cant transmit over the radio, any ideas?

I've reinstalled;

@ACRE

@JayArma2Lib

Teamspeak 3

@CBA

In teamspeak check to make sure that you are not using push to talk with voice activation. That does NOT work in ACRE.

Use only either Voice Activation OR Push to Talk!

For some reason some TS installations are turning this on by default so be aware of this fix!

Hello,

ive checked and that setting is turned off.

It appears its something else coz TS wont listen to my microphone...

Im talking on skype without problem, but with ts it wont work for some reason, so i guess its not acre related.

In teamspeak check to make sure that you are not using push to talk with voice activation. That does NOT work in ACRE.

Use only either Voice Activation OR Push to Talk!

For some reason some TS installations are turning this on by default so be aware of this fix!

This fixed it.

Thanks a lot! :yay:

new version of TS3 is out!

You got beta set ?

once you start ts an update popt up to download 3.0.0 with no pre after it

Version:

3.0.0 [build: 14876]

Hey guys.

Having a great time with this mod (as complicated as it is sometimes)!

Question:

What are my options when out of radio range. For example respawning back at base, and I need to find my teammates again.

I cant seem to find the "larger" radio(sorry dont know the name), and I dont have any greater range when in a vehicle. Also I cant seem to find the 'larger' radios in any crates.

Any guidence would be great!

Thanks

EDIT: nevremind guys. I found the rucksack with the long range radio inside. Are these in every mission as long as your running ACRE? or are they mission specific?

Edited by Red_Ninja
SOLVED

once you start ts an update popt up to download 3.0.0 with no pre after it

Version:

3.0.0 [build: 14876]

We update when ACRE update :p

grrrrr damit!

Your kidding right? Are you seriously angry because the dev's haven't released an update in time for the next stable TS? Shame on you!

I found the rucksack with the long range radio inside. Are these in every mission as long as your running ACRE? or are they mission specific?
They are mission specific. Meaning the mission-maker has to put them in.

Is there a way to enable/disable this feature... * PRC-343 now replaces the default ArmA2 'ItemRadio' ?

Some missions are broken because of this... ie ppl attach scripts to run by using the itemradio..