Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.3 Stable - Release Thread

I updated TS3, i downloaded from that link above and I'm getting this error under plugin's for TS3:

Plugin failed to load:

Api version is not compatible

Happened with both the download above and a Six Updater install.

Reload All under Plugin's fixed it. :yay:

Edited by kylania

They really need to fix the ACRE wiki with this information. Currently you can mount the AN/PRC-148 VHF radio in vehicles such as the M1025 HMMVW (Mk19) (Found under Cars (Desert)).

Shift + Alt + Q gets you the Vehicle Racks menu.

Select AN/VRC-111 option to open the rack.

From the MainRack menu choose Mount Radio.

That will change the list to read AN/PRC-148 VHF, select that and the menu goes away. Your PRC-148 is now mounted in the vehicle.

To use it press Shift + Alt + Q again.

Select AN/VRC-111.

Select AN/PRC-148 VHF from the next menu.

Then select Use Radio.

Now when you use your Caps Lock key you'll broadcast through the mounted 148.

To get your radio back Shift + Alt + Q again.

Select AN/VRC-111.

Select AN/PRC-148 VHF.

Select Take Radio.

I cant even get to this stage, using the key combination doesnt do anything for me, if I have a 117f or a 148VHF equipped still nothing, tried it in the Humvy (M2) Woodland.... it would be so much better if it used the ACE/ Interaction menu.... less finger muddling keys to press etc

I agree the wiki needs to be updated, with this and all available vehicle's that can use the vehicle rack.

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

;2001618']I cant even get to this stage' date=' using the key combination doesnt do anything for me, if I have a 117f or a 148VHF equipped still nothing, tried it in the Humvy (M2) Woodland.... it would be so much better if it used the ACE/ Interaction menu.... less finger muddling keys to press etc[/quote']

Have you updated your userconfig\acre\*.* ¿?

Maybe you have a really old userconfig and that's why you dont get the menu. Also some people only get it working by using right alt+shift instead of left ones( dont ask why O_O)

Did you guys remove the directional sound? We have noticed that we don't hear people coming from either side anymore.

Did you guys remove the directional sound? We have noticed that we don't hear people coming from either side anymore.

TeamSpeak3, in all their smartness and glory, broke 3d sound for anyone using Stereo sound (works with 2.1, 5.1, 7.1).

We are currently in the processing of finishing/testing a work around.

And I was just about to say that since last update me and all my friends using G35 headsets hear the surround much much better than before! At first I wasn't sure what was different but after a bit noticed it's simply the surround effect being that much better.

And I was just about to say that since last update me and all my friends using G35 headsets hear the surround much much better than before! At first I wasn't sure what was different but after a bit noticed it's simply the surround effect being that much better.

cool I use the G35 too, great news :)

I don't know if this is related to ACRE, TS3, or just the mission we were playing, but tonight I was playing some Domination and every time I hit Abort -> Disconnect to get to the lobby and select a new role, after I would rejoin the game my TS would stop working. I would Alt-Tab out of the game only to find that TS would not open when I clicked it, and my PTT button did nothing (i.e. did not light up TS). I had to force close TS and reopen/reconnect, Alt-Tab back into the game, and then it worked fine again.

yeah so i have this problem still , im using your workaround , build 449

but i still hear everyone in "center".

in addition to that , i can hear everybody from all over the map now , but they cannot unless they are close to me , so for them it works fine , but from my side it doesnt.

also i can talk to them over radio, that works fine.

what do :(?

EDIT: i set my xfi configuration to 2.1 and i t works fine now.

Edited by ascendence

Oh, Foxhound finally got his moderator tags... :p I was wondering how he was magically the last person to post in so many closed threads. :p Thanks for the Armaholic update!

Maverick, if you can get crash dumps, or manually create a dump file (open task manager, right click on the process, you can create it from there) when it does that please post a ticket and we can see if its TS or us.

Ascendence, that sounds like a TS issue and your soundcard. We do not touch the mixing when main channels are greater than two (stereo), we let TS3 handle all of that. There might still be issues. :( If it works fine in 2.1 that is good, but try updating your soundcard drivers or something and checking if your surround setup works then.

Ascendence, that sounds like a TS issue and your soundcard. We do not touch the mixing when main channels are greater than two (stereo), we let TS3 handle all of that. There might still be issues. :( If it works fine in 2.1 that is good, but try updating your soundcard drivers or something and checking if your surround setup works then.

Also, Ascendence, you can test to see if this is a TS3 issue or not by using the 3d sound feature in TS3 without ACRE. Easy steps:

1. Make sure to disable ACRE

2. Go to a channel with a few people talking

3. Right click the channel you are in, and click "Setup 3d Sound"

4. Move some people around, click apply, and see if it works.

With the new update which files were actually changed? Have a lot of people in group not too savy with comps so would like to make it easy for them. :P

Thanks

With the new update which files were actually changed? Have a lot of people in group not too savy with comps so would like to make it easy for them. :P

Thanks

Use SIX Updater. One friendly green button to press to update. If they can't figure that out, how can they possibly handle ACRE in game? :) Two whole buttons to keep track of... :yay:

Yea, Im not really sure how it'd be more simple to copy over 15 of 40 files that have changed rather than all of them, since they all go in the same place (at least for the ArmA2 mod files).