Sign in to follow this  
lightspeed_aust

Ghost Recon: Podagorsk

Hi Lightspeed, has always liked Podagorsk, but never had any good missions for it. This seems like the perfect match.

Could you please clarify if the SP campaign is Vanilla (Combined Ops) too?

Thanks for your efforts :)

-OP

I am having an issue with the farm mission. whenever I use a satchel charge to blow up the crashed chopper, for some reason, my squad targets me and lights me up. they were definitely positioned far enough away where they wouldn't get caught in the blast radius so I don't know why they are doing that.

Hmm interesting I will check it out.

No issues with them crossing water? Or bridge? I Wondered if ai would have a problem with that too.

Is the heli set to friendly? Mind you that wouldn't get your AI to shoot you would it?

Hmm interesting I will check it out.

No issues with them crossing water? Or bridge? I Wondered if ai would have a problem with that too.

big issue. they all drop their equipment. I found the boat so that fixed that. I had the same problem both with the water and with the demolition in the village mission as well. when I blew the train they all shot me.

Is the heli set to friendly? Mind you that wouldn't get your AI to shoot you would it?

Yep, that will do it every time - any friendly AIs will thereafter treat you as an enem,y as I've found in a couple of SP missions (though never my own team; I was leader in both the bugged mission however, which might make a difference),

BR

Orcinus

Hm, I get my a$$ handed to me every time, apparently I stink :-) A few hints please, for the first mission in the SP campaign:

Do you go around or directly towards the compound?

Do you divide the rather large group into colored fireteams?

Do you hold the team back and scout yourself, before calling them to formation ?

Any hints will approve my abilities, I am sure, so please share your thoughts and tactics

Cheers,

OP

That's really strange that friendly ai would shoot you for blowing up an empty vcl.

For sp and water, I will move insertion across water so no crossing required.

And if sp prefer I can tone down number of ai?

Im not sure if this is the problem but i think if you destroy freindly vehicles you have many (-) points added to players addrating, and then freindly ai will shoot you, they treat you as enemy. Solution after heli is destroyed [not alive heli_name] add to player in trigger: addrating 10000 or more and all should be ok.

have requested a fix in editing forums - will patch mission shortly.

still want answer on number of AI too high or low.

fixing AI water crossing now.

And if sp prefer I can tone down number of ai?

If you are referring to my post, please don' t go by that. I haven't put enough time into it yet to say whether it's too hard. Arma is supposed to give you a hard time if you don't think about what you're doing

I think you are good on enemy numbers. if you are careful and actually split up into 2 fireteams, its doable with a few retrys.

Thanx crimson, I will fix chopper friendly fire issue and water crossings then repack campaign

Well 4 of us got it handed to us today in coop on farm. Noticed that the wheat fields lag really badly so will need to fix that somehow, maybe grass cutter over it

Im not sure if this is the problem but i think if you destroy freindly vehicles you have many (-) points added to players addrating, and then freindly ai will shoot you, they treat you as enemy. Solution after heli is destroyed [not alive heli_name] add to player in trigger: addrating 10000 or more and all should be ok.

@tom3kb: Interesting, I didn't know there was an addressable rating. Another point on an ever-increasing list of things to read up... Would it affect anything else?

@Lightspeed: setting the vehicle to "enemy" - as long as it isn't manned :eek: means the player or allied troops can zap it with impunity. Maybe wouldn't work as intended if there are other allied troops close by with missiles or MGs.

Have just started playing this campaign - nice work, & two of my favourite islands to boot - thank you :)

BR

Orcinus

Edited by Orcinus
Typo

@Orcinus

I just checked my theory in editor to be sure, i was US team leader +3 ai in team, on map i put 4 empty abrams tanks, then i destroy 1 empty tank, after this all guys started shot at me and they killed me, the same situation with other vehicles. I remember that in OFP this was the same, if you destroy to many freindly vehicles/soldiers you get many - points to addrating,you become enemy

That will be fixed in patch as well as a number of other fixes for farm.

No river crossing.

No friendly fire after heli obj.

Field cleared of 90% of wheat to remove lag.

Will upload new file replacements in a couple of days, I'm interstate now.

if (isServer) then
{
// Make sure teamkillers don't go on side enemy
[] spawn
{
	while {true} do 
	{ 
		waitUntil {sideEnemy countSide allUnits > 0};
		{
			if (side _X == sideEnemy) then
			{ 
				_X addRating (-(rating _X)); 
			}; 
		} forEach allUnits; 
	}; 
};
};

This will eliminate the "turn into enemy after TK" mechanic completely, if you wish to avoid these sorts of problems without much effort. Just run this in the init.sqf.

i´m at mission 4 at the moment and have to say: :clap: awesome campaign!! :clap:. Great use of color and weather effects that makes very nice atmosphere; along whit a well unit positioning and enemy balance. One of the most immersive campaigns out there!

thanx mate - I have a couple of updates to make to the missions for SP - eliminate the river crossings - should be coming in the next day or so.

Im eagerly awaiting your SP fixes, Jarhead to roll out 1.4 JSRS, BIS to roll out 1.60 final ... and then .... I will open Arma for the first time in a few weeks over the holidays and dribble at the content :)

Lightspeed,

I'm sorry for the slow progress. I'm doing the alterations for to the MP COOP missions for the Phoenix Soldiers server. I'm up to the mission 4, Docks. As soon as I complete the the PXS version I'm going to work on the version for you, as per our last email/pm. I estimate to be completed with both version by this weekend. I'll email both to you.

Lightspeed version will include the following:

-ACE2 wounding system

-Prepacked ACE2 kits and ACE2 backpack kits (based on PXS kit load outs)

-Medics will carry 8 med-kits, up from the PXS 4 med-kits

-Disabled revive script

-**Do you want the ACE2 Forced Markers Module On or Off?**

Phoenix Soldiers version will include the following:

-ACE2 wounding system

-Prepacked ACE2 kits and ACE2 backpack kits (PXS kit load outs)

-Disabled revive script

-ACE2 Forced Markers Module Off

-Removed crates with gear at insert and insertion helicopters

-Allow JIP without instant death penalty

-No Respawn

-Change tires on vehicles module (forgot the name of the module)

Thank you once again for another installation of your Ghost Recon missions. :bounce3:

silent_op