Sign in to follow this  
lightspeed_aust

Ghost Recon: Podagorsk

Welcome to the next GR campaign which takes place on the Podagorsk Peninsula, a small piece of land which sits just south of Moldova on the edge of the Black Sea.

Moldova, much like Georgia, declared it's independence from Russia in the early 1990's and was recognised as such by the UN in 1992. Again similar to Southern Ossetia in Georgia, there exists an autonomous region known as Transnistria, which refuses to be part of greater Moldova and continues to declare it's allegiance to Russia.

The Transnistrians occupy the region east of the river Dniester in Moldova all the way to the Ukrainian border to the east and heading south to the peninsula called Podagorsk. It is from here that Transnistrian rebels have commenced attacks against the legitimate government and it appears they may be receiving military support from Russia itself, who has not been shy in declaring it's disapproval at both Moldova and it's neighbour, Ukraine, declaring their independence.

Some UN officials believe that Russia has an ulterior motive for supporting the rebels and ultimately intends to reclaim the small European state of Moldova as it's own, and subsequently, use this occupation to launch a dual-pronged attack on Ukraine from both Moldova and Russia on the eastern border of Ukraine.

We cannot allow the Trinistrians to succeed with their operations but we have to play it carefully to. The last thing we want is to give Russia an easy excuse to launch a full-scale attack on Moldova. We must conduct our operations covertly, and as such, we will be using the Ghosts who performed so successfully in Georgia.

Good luck Ghosts.

-------------------

Recent News Footage -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo6hVg_peKo&feature=player_embedded

-------------------

Downloads: - 8 missions ready for download (3 flavours to come - Vanilla Coop, ACE2 Coop, SP Campaign)

Vanilla Coop co09 version 3 (still recommend you play it with ACE2 activated) - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15700

Release 3 September 2012.

Fastrope removed in v3.0

Medic only revive.

Various mission improvements.

Night kits changed up to make it more competitive (FN FAL was stupidly easy to kill enemy)

More fireworks for final mission as it should be. :)

ACE2 Coop (ACE2 kits and medic setup by phoenix soldiers clan) - TBA

SP Campaign version 3.0 due out 4 September 2012.- http://www.gamefront.com/files/22208269/Podagorsk_Campaign_v3.rar

Fastrope removed in v3.0

Various mission improvements.

Night kits changed up to make it more competitive (FN FAL was stupidly easy to kill enemy)

More fireworks for final mission as it should be. :)

Required Addons -

Podagorsk v1.1 - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8791&highlight=PODAGORSK

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

Yeah read to me daddy!!!!

Nice to hear I hope you will make also a non ACE version as per what I've read in your GRIT thread.

Thanks

kind regards

Update: 3 missions done so far - variations of missions from the original GR campaign. Most notably, I have a version of the pilot rescue at a farm during the night and a really nice mission that takes place at the Podagorsk swamp.

The campaign will also feature missions at one of the large docks, a castle, airfield, and some originals which will take place at a uranium mine and a tank depot.

Insertions by chopper, fastrope, zodiac and possibly halo.

All with the classic open mission style (complete objectives in any order). Demolitions, stealth, rescues, the full gambit.

It will be yes - initially I will build it for mp dedicated server and then convert. I will not do a non ace version though - it's going backwards to do that. However, users can wind it back and I'll arrange for a version to go up here.

I will not do a non ace version though - it's going backwards to do that. However, users can wind it back and I'll arrange for a version to go up here.

This is sad for me to hear, there's still a lot of people who are playing without ACE.

So no go for me than.

cheers

Cry me a river.

I could build 3 or 4 or more different versions to suit every flavour of Arma player but would I plz everyone? Nope.

So as I said, I will build the foundation high quality missions and then players can edit them. I am sure you will see a non-ace version.

Just quietly, ace is better in many ways ;)

It will be yes - initially I will build it for mp dedicated server and then convert. I will not do a non ace version though - it's going backwards to do that. However, users can wind it back and I'll arrange for a version to go up here.

great to hear thanks buddy

Ok another update - things moving along nicely.

I have built the 4th mission, a variation of the castle mission which involves a night insertion by zodiac.

I have also been offered a hand from a mate of mine who will take care of the ace2 conversion. This means that I will have both the vanilla and ace2 mp versions at release.

That just leaves a sp version which I will organize too.

At this stage I can see another 4 missions left to make which should mean 8 missions for this campaign.

And then I will turn my attention to island thunder 2 on Luala - but that's another story.

Update -

Mission 5 is basically ready now - just to place AI and determine the final extraction. Will be a challenging night ops mission.

Update -

Mission 5 is basically ready now - just to place AI and determine the final extraction. Will be a challenging night ops mission.

One mission closer...:yay:

silent_op

Ok time for another update -

I'm working on Missions 7 & 8 now - and so far I can see 9 or maybe 10 in total for this campaign.

I have been going back through all missions and changing the units to suit this environment and also changing weapons and working out a good set up for the Ghosts for night ops of which there will be 3 night missions.

Wombat my mate and the man behind my Teaser Trailers has dusted off his Arma 2 and we are playing around with concept now designed to get the taste buds dripping.

I have the services of silent_op to do some beta testing and conversion of kits to ACE and ACE medic systems. thanx mate.

And finally, the crew at Legion of Sparta will also assist with beta testing while Fatal Papercut shoots some live action for ingame movies as he did so well in Island Thunder.

Not long now Ghosts...not long.

Gr8 feedback so far - some have said better then Island Thunder and I can say that my learning from those missions has made these more polished this time round. And most importantly, they do stay true to the GR feel.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

And to get your tastebuds dripping, here is the Teaser Trailer for the Podagrosk Campaign -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo6hVg_peKo&feature=player_embedded

Thanks to my mate wombat50

Getting closer to a release now - beta testing progressing well.

Two ACE missions prepared.

I'm currently working on a remake of Village which is looking really good and all objectives working as planned plus fastrope insert and extraction by chopper. Just tweaking the briefing and then I'll place the rest of the AI. A quick beta test and that makes 6 out of 8 missions ready for release.

So far -

Stronghold (based on Caves)

Swamp

Docks

Farm

Castle

Village

still to come -

Airfield

Tank Depot

and maybe one or two more.

Nice video Lightspeed. I'm really looking forward to these new missions. :bounce3:

Check your PM.

silent_op

Looks really nice Lightspeed. Really nice. Can't wait to get my hands on this one!

Whoa man - it would have taken me a year to do that video never mind actually write and script a campaign too! Looking forward to this one!

sorry ive been caught up with real life lately (go figure!) - not as much time available nowadays to do this stuff but....

i will set aside some time to try to wrap up this campaign in the next few weeks.

apologies.

Lighty.

Nice, I was just searching for this campaign and just stumbled on your today's update on the progress :)

Where can i find these missions?

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

Getting closer to a release now - beta testing progressing well.

Two ACE missions prepared.

I'm currently working on a remake of Village which is looking really good and all objectives working as planned plus fastrope insert and extraction by chopper. Just tweaking the briefing and then I'll place the rest of the AI. A quick beta test and that makes 6 out of 8 missions ready for release.

So far -

Stronghold (based on Caves)

Swamp

Docks

Farm

Castle

Village

still to come -

Airfield

Tank Depot

and maybe one or two more.

*gasp* there is hope!!

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

Looks really nice Lightspeed. Really nice. Can't wait to get my hands on this one!

I cant either. i had posted a thread several months back about GR missions or maps, now my dream can come true