Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Gamespot Reader's Choice, vote for ARMA 3

TakOH is not on it? Oh well, it seems more like a 'who got the biggest community' anyway, although suprisingly CC is at the top of the RTS list.

TakOH is not on it? Oh well, it seems more like a 'who got the biggest community' anyway, although suprisingly CC is at the top of the RTS list.

TakOH should win in the "Best Acronym" category.

guys, why did you bother to vote for ArmA 3 like that ... it's not i don't like, no, i love this, but look the other, you see the community ? it's even bigger since they try to get the call of duty audience, only BIS try to keep is old army veteran and well minded community, ArmA 3 will never get a price from everyone ... except from the magazine who don't make any vote.

like i said i'm not trying to troll, just sayin'

Here's my take on this subject of E3 nominations. Battlefield 3 to me is the best sim to date I've seen, but what Arma 3 is doing will be better in its own right. They are still working very hard to make this one the best it can be. So i say give these guys their props for even making the next one in series. These guys know what the complaints were about previous arma series up to date and to go forward they will fix these things and bring more people into our community. Im sure they are watching what Battlefield 3 as a game and will even make armra 3 just as good and even better because of team tactical game play and big terrain to travel in. So im not worried one bit just sit back and enjoy the ride because the game with be here and the talk will be forgotton due to this awesome game. Link on website is even doing a free to play arma 2 so lets just hope this will help them in the long haul. Go Bohemia and thanks again for arma 3 :)

Here's my take on this subject of E3 nominations. Battlefield 3 to me is the best sim to date I've seen, but what Arma 3 is doing will be better in its own right. They are still working very hard to make this one the best it can be. So i say give these guys their props for even making the next one in series. These guys know what the complaints were about previous arma series up to date and to go forward they will fix these things and bring more people into our community. Im sure they are watching what Battlefield 3 as a game and will even make armra 3 just as good and even better because of team tactical game play and big terrain to travel in. So im not worried one bit just sit back and enjoy the ride because the game with be here and the talk will be forgotton due to this awesome game. Link on website is even doing a free to play arma 2 so lets just hope this will help them in the long haul. Go Bohemia and thanks again for arma 3 :)

BF3 is aiming to be a sim now? ;)

Yeah...

No.

That made my day.

Even if it was, how would he know it does it better than ArmA III or even ArmA II? I doubt he has played it... or at least all of it on the off chance he was at E3.

It does look pretty entertaining but I wouldn't consider it a sim and I can't justify spending $60 on it.

I Really dont know why it would be a sim but nobody can speculate until it comes out. :)

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Problem is too many Fps Shooter fans rip the arma series to shreds from there buddies bashing it. Its too bad those guys dont have patience to master any real mil skills. LOL

I Really dont know why it would be a sim but nobody can speculate until it comes out. :)

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I think you just said: "Until BF3 comes out, nobody can say for certain if it's going to be a sim or not."

Isn't that a bit far fetched? That's like saying Modern Warfare 3 could be a simulator because it's not out yet and anything can happen until release... We just know that's not going to happen. Would you call Bad Company 2 a simulator? Judging by the gameplay videos, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 seems to be pretty similar to Battlefield 3 where the gameplay is concerned, and Bad Company 2 is not a sim. The Battlefield series has always been about fast paced arcade gameplay, so we already know what BF3 will be like, and it's not going to be a sim. I'm sure it will be loads of fun, though.

So does that make ArmA 2 or ArmA 3 the best sim you've seen to date? :p

Even being nominated is a bonus that leads to some extra publicity imo, as I hadn't expected it.

I miss the 90's when sim actually meant sim.

I cringe every time a reviewer uses the term "realism" when doing a review of Call of Duty.

It does happen!

I think these days there exists many types of 'realism', you have realism by game mechanics and how things work, then realism in how things look, though that one I don't understand myself, things look too..'overdone' to be realistic in most cases. More shiny and pretty than dull and gritty.

Edited by NodUnit

Is there any way we can get a new smiley to replace "BF3", sorta like FPDR, so people will shut up about it?

I think these days there exists many types of 'realism', you have realism by game mechanics and how things work, then realism in how things look, though that one I don't understand myself, things look too..'overdone' to be realistic in most cases. More shiny and pretty than dull and gritty.

I think it''s far simpler than that. Imo there's:

"Realism" -> Marketing term used to sell games of neglect-able long-term value to the group of under-aged people with the combined intellect and communications skills of a couple of baboons during the mating season, achieved by paying and/or threatening news outlets if necessary;

Realism -> BIS' aim along with the few other remaining real Simulation developers on the public market.

Edited by JdB

I miss the 90's when sim actually meant sim.

Welcome to the 21st Century. :)

I cringe every time a reviewer uses the term "realism" when doing a review of Call of Duty.

It does happen!

One reason why I stopped reading game reviews. The Reviewers don't know what they are talking about half the time.

Edited by Haystack15

It does happen!

Yeah, in these circumstances "realism" is often used when a texture that may or may not have been worn by an airsoft player somewhere on the planet is seen, or a magazine is seen to be correctly inserted into a weapon ALMOST LIKE IN REAL LIFE WEN U R FIGHTN N TEH ARMEEZ AND CRSHN HEL1C0PTORX WIT BUILDNGS.

LIKE IN REAL LIFE WEN U R FIGHTN N TEH ARMEEZ AND CRSHN HEL1C0PTORX WIT BUILDNGS.

But it's true. You've obviously been playing too much of those tight-ass simulator games and not enough MANLEY GAIMZ LIEK COD AND BATULFELD LOLOLOLOLO.

/littlekidtrollmode=0

I'd give myself an A- for originality, but C when it comes to spelling.

:yay:

LMAO.... BF3 and Arma 3 are not even out yet :j: ... How can either one be nominated or win? On top of that though, they are COMPLETELY different games. :rolleyes:

LMAO.... BF3 and Arma 3 are not even out yet :j: ... How can either one be nominated or win? On top of that though, they are COMPLETELY different games. :rolleyes:

Ah yes but which one is most different? Only an uninformed poll of uninformed opinion can answer this :)