Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ARMA3 needs better ACCESSIBILITY for players to meet, chat and play out of the box!

You keep bash ProFPS, CoD and BF players the community doesnt want u here.

JFYI, this isn't a BF, COD or PROFPS (ROFLMFAO at that one) forum in case you hadn't noticed and I'm not the one referring to 'most of the people here' as 'retards'.

I disagree with OP....

Arma is like a bald eagle. It is rare and beautiful. Lets keep our bald eagle.

What difference does it make to you if people play a mission with and without respawn be it cooperative or deathmatch, if you yourself do not play the mission then how does it effect you? If you play on a private server then how does it effect you? If they cane enjoy it their way without drasticly changing it for everyone else then what harm does it do.

Edited by NodUnit

You keep bash ProFPS, CoD and BF players the community doesnt want u here.

You are not the community. You are just a pity full frustrated lad.

And pro gamer is one who earns his living out of it...nothing more or less.

And btw, on the "it's just another FPS", here's some breaking news for you: all 1st person view games featuring a gun behaves more or less the same...all are controlled with a mouse and keyboard, and the immediate scope of all is shooting from the other end of virtual gun in the direction of an opposing force...

Good job with that captain obvious!

Ignoring the obvious knucklehead

BIS is NOT in charge of what MISSSION/GAME TYPE is being played.

BUT ppl are still comparing it with BF or COD or ~insert you favourite shooter~ where the game ships with only (average) 4 maps and 8-10 missions on those (TDM, MD, CTF and some other random bull). Then you play again and again and again on those same damn maps until the great developers shove you yet another DLC pack, containing some more content and maps...great job there

I heard this numerous times: release an official PVP mission with the game. OK, i am all for that. then again, there needs to be someone to host this sort of mission on their own server, and as we know, 80% of the servers are running coops (90% of those Domination or Evolution). Why, for a number of reasons, but none related to the amount of time or skill needed to create a PvP mission (hell, there are plenty of proper community PvP missions around).

Accessibility yes, do it, improve the MP browser etc etc, but don't expect the one click job to work with BIS games, this is not your generic shooter.

I think this is "game" is not comparable with any other, its not made for BF COD players at all. People who play this game want it more tactic, with some planification before move to the action, pubs are for casuals, Real ArmaPlayers joins a clan/comunity to play in closed session. In this clan/comunity, most of the time, the new players join it by invitation of other members already in that clan, or searching in the forums.

Also I think there is two different worlds/point of view in this SIM, the players that want this more PvP and the players that wants beter IA/mission editor for Coops.

Im sure most of the PvP fans comes from games like that, BF, CS, COD they want faster movements, better weapon handling, cover system, instant lobby join, and shit like that

1. Lack of official COOP or PLAYER VS PLAYER MISSION on dedicated servers that a player can join in play and go with a simple click of a button. This is what makes BF games so Popular not the run and gun gameplay but the ability to join a game play for a bit and then go back to real life.

2. Lack of open public servers that you can join due to the inability of the host to stop cheating in the room.

3. Lack of players using the in game voice chat. Most players use teamspeak over your system. This kills open public servers. Find out why and change. This stops the open community to grow. If you don't want to join a clan or just want to play for a bit this limits you because you can't just meet players and play. You need o find what teamspeak and then switch over.

1. ArmA is NOT like COD/BF, it has more than 5-8 game modes and they are not all combat modes. There game mode Zargabad Life that is like Multi Theft Auto and not all players like that some only like Domination or warfare and some only like missions.

2. Most private servers are there for the clans that own them, they don't wan't some retards joining the game and messing around in the mission or screwing stuff up.

3. In some private servers most players use TS, it's a choice thing you don't have to.

Edited by ArmAriffic

It's really quite sad that there are a group of self described 'hardcore' PvPers that come here and basically insult and harangue anyone who doesn't agree with their opinions.

The community at large doesn't want that kind of attitude here.

LOL are you serious? The community at large insults and harangue anyone who doesn't agree with their opinions. This forum is a prime example, by the first couple of posts. Every other thread that suggests something that could even be conceived as 'cod-like' gets the same treatment.

I disagree with OP....

Arma is like a bald eagle. It is rare and beautiful. Lets keep our bald eagle.

Did you read the first post. Jackass! I don't want the game changed. I just want it a little easier to meet and play with players on open public rooms like we did in the old days.

Would it be nice if a could text a player in a locked room that was playing a coop mission or player vs player in a locked room and say hi two of my friends and we are into coop missions do you have room for us! There are players playing games out there that will fit what players are looking for but lack of accessibility to meet and join in the current game. Why can't some of you see that.

I never said make the game easy to play, make the game more cod/BF.

If you ever played my missions you would see multiple objectives,limited ammo and number of lifes to complete the mission. This is how I like to play but it is very hard to find players to share with or play other missions makers missions.

ArmA is an FPS shooter, it playes like an FPS shooter it feels like an FPS shooter.
Only it isn't just an FPS shooter :)
The basic thing tis thread was about is offcial PvP maps
I do admit that the thread went many places than the OFP and I may have helped in some places :o
I just want it a little easier to meet and play with players on open public rooms like we did in the old days.
Fair enough point, I must have missed it :) In the end it all boils down to MP and server browser and more streamlining so cannot say more than if it helps in that way then good point. Plus the other thread about auto download of mods and sync built in too. But I still feel accessible is not so much BIS need to change but servers and groups more than anything.
Would it be nice if a could text a player in a locked room that was playing a coop mission or player vs player in a locked room and say hi two of my friends and we are into coop missions do you have room for us!

Isnt that team speak, to filter out spammers and such things? If that was open then you could have all sorts of abuse and it was locked for a reason.

Edited by mrcash2009

1. ArmA is NOT like COD/BF, it has more than 5-8 game modes and they are not all combat modes. There game mode Zargabad Life that is like Multi Theft Auto and not all players like that some only like Domination or warfare and some only like missions.

2. Most private servers are there for the clans that own them, they don't wan't some retards joining the game and messing around in the mission or screwing stuff up.

3. In some private servers most players use TS, it's a choice thing you don't have to.

You don't seem to get it! I know what and how the game is! My point it makes it very hard for new players to get a real understanding on how the old days the game was played. If all the old players/clans are in locked rooms there is nobody to teach the new blood how the game was designed to be played a training tool for combat not PLAYING fucking LIFE. BOHEMIA needs to make it easier for players that have the same mindset to meet/chat and play on open public rooms. better room filter,better in game chat something like teamspeak with IM to locked rooms and a better way for someone that wants to host a room to stop cheating simple.

Accessibility is not a replacement for learning. While game could easily be more accessible, your comparison to other games needs to go. Gameplay in ArmA is unique, so rather than trying to conform to trends in other games BIS should focus on teaching players how to play their game.

You mean like having a lobby that older games especially RTS used to have? kind of like a chat room?

Are you not asking for a more hippy commune approach that wont happen?

You have sections for people to recruit and ask for servers to play on in these very forums, maybe some in browser info that could show "places to meet up" of something linking to the MP section of this forum, maybe it just needs more links thrown in peoples faces in the browser to look further.

But yes game lobby that type of thing I guess.

Edited by mrcash2009

Did you read the first post. Jackass! I don't want the game changed. I just want it a little easier to meet and play with players on open public rooms like we did in the old days.

Would it be nice if a could text a player in a locked room that was playing a coop mission or player vs player in a locked room and say hi two of my friends and we are into coop missions do you have room for us! There are players playing games out there that will fit what players are looking for but lack of accessibility to meet and join in the current game. Why can't some of you see that.

I never said make the game easy to play, make the game more cod/BF.

If you ever played my missions you would see multiple objectives,limited ammo and number of lifes to complete the mission. This is how I like to play but it is very hard to find players to share with or play other missions makers missions.

LMAO you got some anger issues bro.... I never said or accused you of anything... Maybe you need to learn to read...

I did read you post. The only game that has the one button play multi player is Bfp4f (that I have seen). Even BF2 which is more popular has what arma has when it comes to finding games. PC gamers expect the list of servers to choose from, most if not all PC gamers don't even use the "join now" buttons available in some games. What I hate and I mean HATE about consoles is the lack of a server list....

Now onto the others "issues" you mentioned. It is NOT BIS job to host dedicated servers, nor is it to create maps for us. Thats why they give us mod tools and the editor. The issues you are talking about with lack of types of game modes and dedicated servers are because the people who pay for them do not want what you want... If you want a server with a game mode you are going to have to persuade the host of the server or buy/rent your own server....

Voice Chat I see nothing wrong with. The in game system works vary well. IMO better than teamspeak. Although it needs bit quality improvements.

I think this is "game" is not comparable with any other, its not made for BF COD players at all. People who play this game want it more tactic, with some planification before move to the action, pubs are for casuals, Real ArmaPlayers joins a clan/comunity to play in closed session. In this clan/comunity, most of the time, the new players join it by invitation of other members already in that clan, or searching in the forums.

Also I think there is two different worlds/point of view in this SIM, the players that want this more PvP and the players that wants beter IA/mission editor for Coops.

Im sure most of the PvP fans comes from games like that, BF, CS, COD they want faster movements, better weapon handling, cover system, instant lobby join, and shit like that

OK fine. I am an old OFP player looking for a group of guys to play coop missions with. I have over ten years of playing OFP. Just got ARMA2/OA ~ 6 mouths ago I would love to share my missions and play others.

Why should I have to look on a website and make a post just to play a funcking game. Do you see my point now. Yes ARMA can be played anyone but right now 95% of open rooms are warfare/dom and to me that is not OFP.

ACCESSIBILITY for players with the same mindset to meet/chat and play shared missions. Very simple. Yes it's not bohemia's problem what people play but if the system limits for only one type of play because of easy ACCESSIBILITY then yes it will be a problem for them.

How many "slack-jawed morons" became better gamers because they were introduced to OFP or ArmA?

The game MUST cater to the entry-level gamer if it wants to increase its core fan-base.

OK fine. I am an old OFP player looking for a group of guys to play coop missions with. I have over ten years of playing OFP. Just got ARMA2/OA ~ 6 mouths ago I would love to share my missions and play others.

Why should I have to look on a website and make a post just to play a funcking game. Do you see my point now. Yes ARMA can be played anyone but right now 95% of open rooms are warfare/dom and to me that is not OFP.

ACCESSIBILITY for players with the same mindset to meet/chat and play shared missions. Very simple. Yes it's not bohemia's problem what people play but if the system limits for only one type of play because of easy ACCESSIBILITY then yes it will be a problem for them.

And what is the best source to find players and share missions? online chat with random people, or a forum with people you see more often?

The reason of lack of coop mission in the browser, is because, you need a plan and some organization, you cant jump just like that into any coop pub server and start shoting like cod or bf. You know, some people just troll the game and screwup the mission for fun.

The best way to make those coop mission seriously and organized is joining a clan/group. Do that, and you'll be very pleased

I sympathize with you AVBIRD. I think I know exactly what you want. I call them usability improvements. Like a friends list in game.. so you play with a dude, you can click a star next to his name in the player list and then you can see what server he's on or send him a chat. Basic tools to keep the community connected.

Right now there are friends playing arma.. but they aren't necessarily playing together. And maybe you'll meet someone that you'd like to play coop with again.. but the game doesn't help you remember who that was.

AVBIRD, have you used Steam at all? I'd say it's a bit like that. More channels of communication between players other than the standard join server + chat way... because you can't always GET ON the server.. (addons, locked, full, etc)

New players don't know where forums are or what TS server to join. The BASIC, i say again BASIC features are required in the game itself, out of the box.

The integration is already there.. it was in ArmA1.. for the canned 360 version. (hit esc, see 'Friends' list)

I'll go crawl back to my hole.. I stopped caring for a good reason, that is no matter how much you care, you can't get the community to agree on anything, nor get BIS to take notice anyways. I have some of the highest voted CIT tickets still open.. nothings really happened on them in years.

Edited by oktane

There are certain things that could be improved without necessarily changing anything gameplay related that would attract a lot more players, I just hope they dont start throwing in achievements lol.

Edited by Uberduderofdoomer

I sympathize with you AVBIRD. I think I know exactly what you want. I call them usability improvements. Like a friends list in game.. so you play with a dude, you can click a star next to his name in the player list and then you can see what server he's on or send him a chat. Basic tools to keep the community connected.

Right now there are friends playing arma.. but they aren't necessarily playing together. And maybe you'll meet someone that you'd like to play coop with again.. but the game doesn't help you remember who that was.

That is actually a pretty good suggestion

That is actually a pretty good suggestion

LOL that is what the OP was trying to get at the whole time... I guess sometimes it's hard to express yourself over a computer text? :cool:

AVBIRD, have you used Steam at all? I'd say it's a bit like that. More channels of communication between players other than the standard join server + chat way... because you can't always GET ON the server.. (addons, locked, full, etc)

New players don't know where forums are or what TS server to join. The BASIC, i say again BASIC features are required in the game itself, out of the box.

The integration is already there.. it was in ArmA1.. for the canned 360 version. (hit esc, see 'Friends' list)

I'll go crawl back to my hole.. I stopped caring for a good reason, that is no matter how much you care, you can't get the community to agree on anything, nor get BIS to take notice anyways. I have some of the highest voted CIT tickets still open.. nothings really happened on them in years.

You really get what I am asking. Yes, I play with 3-7 guys and we use teamspeak. It would be nice if each room had a good lobby system where players waiting to play or players out of the game could talk until the mission is over that would be great. OFP ELITE had a great lobby system and that was for a limited console game. ARMA2 just makes it very hard to build a network of players (I don't want to be in a clan or should I have to just to find players to play a game). ACCESSIBILITY for players to meet, chat and play with other players right out of the box is my goal for ARMA3. THANK YOU!

I like that its so unaccessible. Most of the time what people aren't accustomed to (having played other games) is the fact that you die just as easily as your enemy and have no reason to have any more impact on the battlefield than anyone else but what you make for yourself.

The art of most games is that they try to make you feel special, all while disguising the methods of doing this as best as possible. Game mechanics and AI are but pawns that play fair to make you feel empowered. Arma is unapolagetically brutal, and I'm fine with that. Sure, it takes getting used to, but its refreshing. It makes every action a product of your skill, and you know you had no help getting there.

On the other hand, a few things make it harder than it should be for no good reason, and I see ARMA 3 as being the first in the series that may potentially iron out all the jarring examples of this.

WOW I have no clue what you are talking about here:confused: Are you in the right thread lol

LOL that is what the OP was trying to get at the whole time... I guess sometimes it's hard to express yourself over a computer text? :cool:

i always said that MP browser needs:

favourite servers - basic thing...

favourite players/friends...

easier filter settings

etc.

But even then, the one button click to join is pretty far away :rolleyes:

i always said that MP browser needs:

favourite servers - basic thing...

favourite players/friends...

easier filter settings

etc.

But even then, the one button click to join is pretty far away :rolleyes:

I know, but the OP didn't necessarily imply that the multiplayer should be a one click search for a game setup like BF/COD. He meant exactly what you're saying and what oktane posted.

So, pretty much BIS should implement Steamworks. :rolleyes:

It will happen someday I hope...