Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Hmmm noticed bikini missing from 'Tactical gear&Clothes'

must need updating

List updated, I'm sorry for the inconvenience :(

You put that on the list as a joke, right?

Presumably the bikini would count as "clothes".

However the category is somewhat ambiguously named. "Clothes & Tactical Gear" would be better.

You put that on the list as a joke, right?

Not really, no. I see all women as sex objects and in this case they have an extra use as a distraction for the enemy. I'm glad BIS reconsidered their position on letting women on the battlefield. (joking, sexism is funny)

Presumably the bikini would count as "clothes".

However the category is somewhat ambiguously named. "Clothes & Tactical Gear" would be better.

Done, but with a twist. I think you will find it quite refreshing ;)

Only reason I asked was this a joke is because the existence of a female character in a bikini 1) doesn't mean that we can wear the bikini on the battlefield and 2) doesn't mean we can finally play as female soldiers. The bikini model is most likely one mesh. Even Nikos from the campaign is probably one mesh. Wasn't trying to be negative with that post. I mean, it's fine if that's up there as a sorta joke. But, it technically isn't confirmed yet that that bikini is separate from the model. And I just thought the clothes only referred to customizable clothing.

Unfortunately nothing about DX11 which I think would have been amazing for details in the terrain. Unless BIS plans on adding some type of DX11 capability in the future and allowing the mod community to go wild with it.

Unfortunately nothing about DX11 which I think would have been amazing for details in the terrain. Unless BIS plans on adding some type of DX11 capability in the future and allowing the mod community to go wild with it.

On the confirmed features list under Game Requirements: "DirectX® - 10/11"

And here's confirmation straight from Lord Buchta: http://ironhammers.org/?p=7590

:)

specifically I would like to hear what DX11 features will be in Arma 3 at launch or if BIS planning on adding it down the road.

HBAO?

Tessellation?

Hope its not just being tacked onto Arma 3 just so people can't say RV is stuck in the past because its using (dx9)...

Still remember a mission from A1 where we raided (*khm*) a brothel to arrest a suspect there and to a suprise of my team all women pulled guns and defended him ... A2 cancelled this with missing anims, we hope to bring it back with A3 :)

specifically I would like to hear what DX11 features will be in Arma 3 at launch or if BIS planning on adding it down the road.

HBAO?

Tessellation?

Hope its not just being tacked onto Arma 3 just so people can't say RV is stuck in the past because its using (dx9)...

Considering the amount of effort that I think would probably be needed to move onto DX11 from DX9, I doubt they would do it without taking advantage of its new features. Of course, I don't expect that every new feature will be feasible for A3.

I don't know how complex of a task it is but I wonder if Arma 3 or possibly a future iteration will include a 64bit executable to get around the RAM limitations (memory address ability).

Still a PC exclusive franchise yet no 64bit exe there's got to be a reason. Feasibility?

Edited by Flash Thunder
political correctness tm

HBAO?

Tessellation?

There is more to DX11 than only their flag features that have been advertised around the web for less-techy ppl...

To answer your questions, Tesselation will most likely NOT gonna be used. The place where it could have been was the terrain, but it doesn't look like it. HBAO, that could happend, right from the start bat or done the road, since it is not linked to the way LODs and mesh flow is setup (for tesselation).

I don't know how complex of a task it's but im sure its super complex

make up your mind....:D You do NOT know or you certain of it?

but I wonder if Arma 3 or possibly a future iteration will include a 64bit executable to get around the RAM limitations.

Still a PC exclusive franchise yet no 64bit exe there's got to be a reason. Feasibility?

Most likely, although 2 binaries could have been provided.

Even so, it will most likely be LAA (large address aware, just like OA is). That means it should be able to push the RAM usage towards 4GB on 64b systems, and to 3.25 on 32b.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2005/06/01/423817.aspx

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=889654

LOL from a business perspective I thought maybe they wouldn't include 64bit and if its smart business wise for them sure it's because multicore/virtual cores are the future.

I would be fine if none of those flagship features are included like you said there's a lot of things left out for the sake of them being to technical and not very marketable to the general consumer.

Arma 3 with 64bit would be excellent but that's just another one of Flash Thunder's wishes tm.

LOL from a business perspective I thought maybe they wouldn't include 64bit and if its smart business wise for them sure it's because multicore/virtual cores are the future.

I would be fine if none of those flagship features are included like you said there's a lot of things left out for the sake of them being to technical and not very marketable to the general consumer.

Arma 3 with 64bit would be excellent but that's just another one of Flash Thunder's wishes tm.

Well, first of, i would be first to be delighted by some proper technical dev-blog, explaining a bit more some decissions, and some new technical features, will all the details, bells and whistles.

That said, a 64bit executable for a game is still an exception these days (crysis 1 is the only one i know of) - so there must be a reason for it, even if that reason

On the contrary, most professional applications are 64bit (or both), or going there (AI CS6 vs AI CS5). Also, AFAIK, windows 7 is the last to have a 32bit version. OSX is already 64bit only (not that it matters for gaming all that much).

Dwarden extract some intel from Suma's hair pronto we need to read technicalities its makes me giddy. :D

If I remember correctly, Arma already utilises pretty advanced virtual memory model for streaming textures, perhaps (I am no programmer) similar to ID's texture tech (although with much less PR sh*t). Remember that the whole Chernarus or Takistan terrain is one whole texture. And this model doesn't need 64bit executable, although it can stream efficiently (using RAM) large sets of data.

On the confirmed features list under Game Requirements: "DirectX® - 10/11"

And here's confirmation straight from Lord Buchta: http://ironhammers.org/?p=7590

:)

Perfect! Admittedly I haven't been following ARMA III details closely, but this is definitely good news!

I tried searching but couldn't find anything, is there going to be illumination rounds for shoulder mounted AT and artillery? Or is it just going to be hand held flares, grenade launcher illum. and mortar illum.?

I tried searching but couldn't find anything, is there going to be illumination rounds for shoulder mounted AT and artillery? Or is it just going to be hand held flares, grenade launcher illum. and mortar illum.?

Artillery already has the option to launch illumination rounds, and the developers were talking about even more munition options for mortars and other artillery, but I'm not so sure about handheld launchers.

Not sure if everybody already knows but here's the world map of Limnos http://www.arma3.com/arma-3-overview/limnos/

Then compare it by searching for Lemnos, Lesbos, Greece in google maps. http://maps.google.com/maps?ftr=earth.promo&hl=en&utm_campaign=en&utm_medium=van&utm_source=en-van-na-us-gns-erth&utm_term=evl

Edited by Ian560

@ian560

They look quiete similar. How can this be? :)

meh.ro5776.jpg

just kidding my friend. Yes They modeled their new map after this real island. They went there to make Photos and look at the island for cool stuff thats around. I think it was very often mentioned already.. Or did I get you wrong and you meant something else?

Edited by tremanarch

Not sure if everybody already knows but here's the world map of Limnos http://www.arma3.com/arma-3-overview/limnos/

Then compare it by searching for Lemnos, Lesbos, Greece in google maps. http://maps.google.com/maps?ftr=earth.promo&hl=en&utm_campaign=en&utm_medium=van&utm_source=en-van-na-us-gns-erth&utm_term=evl

Yup, You're absolutely right, Limnos is modelled after the real Lemnos. You can find some detailed comparison shots in the "is Arma 3 authentic" thread :)

Did you know there is also a second island which is "Agios Efstratios" or "Stratis" in Arma 3?

Oh, yeah forgot to mention that, Straits island is also in ARMA 3. It's the next Southern Island next to Lemnos.

Lemnos reminds me of Sahrani on how it has desert land, forest trees, large mountains and is an actual island.

The location of Sahrani's and Chernarus's data is still unknown, sadly.

Edited by Ian560

Oh, yeah forgot to mention that, Straits island is also in ARMA 3. It's the next Southern Island next to Lemnos.

Lemnos reminds me of Sahrani on how it has desert land, forest trees, large mountains and is an actual island.

Thats not true, Chernarus is based on the Vzech Republic (you can find real life vs game comparison videos on youtube)

You new?

rhetoric question, don't bother...