Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

When we are finally able to drive a tank through a building, then i´ll be happy. Arma 4?

When we are finally able to drive a tank through a building, then i´ll be happy. Arma 4?

In Arma 4 explosions will look like this one

_VKNhUxcvUw

and we will still nitpick and say it not looking good enough. ;)

Beach balls. In Sahrani you had a football field and could play on it.

Now, with proper physx, we will have a voley mini-game.

Beach balls. In Sahrani you had a football field and could play on it.

Now, with proper physx, we will have a voley mini-game.

:p RiE answered in the other post.

You really think that is a merkava?

Haven't seen any other armor yet but looks to me too like merkava

yeah it might be the Merkava chassis judging by this characteristic wheel in the back. The number of mounting brackets for the reactive armor plates is also the same.

But it is indeed hard to tell because it's so dark

yeah it might be the Merkava chassis judging by this characteristic wheel in the back. The number of mounting brackets for the reactive armor plates is also the same.

But it is indeed hard to tell because it's so dark

It looks like a merkava chassi, and its not to unrealistic either, here we got a prototype of a self propelled artillery on a merkava chassi, its a different turret but still.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/42/Sholef-beyt-hatotchan-2.jpg

Has there been any mention of the voice commands and audio alerts system changing in Arma3? The audio seemed much nicer in Take On Helicopters so I was wondering if Arma3 will still have the: 'Unknown, Man, at 2 o'clock, 300 meters' etc...

Has there been any mention of the voice commands and audio alerts system changing in Arma3? The audio seemed much nicer in Take On Helicopters so I was wondering if Arma3 will still have the: 'Unknown, Man, at 2 o'clock, 300 meters' etc...

It probably will have the same setup as ArmA 2 (which works) But my hope is for when they do the voices that they can get it so it all fits together better then ArmA 2 where it seemed like there were different people saying each part

It probably will have the same setup as ArmA 2 (which works) But my hope is for when they do the voices that they can get it so it all fits together better then ArmA 2 where it seemed like there were different people saying each part

Yeah cool - I notice in FSX that the automated air traffic control is really fluid and lots of fun to listen to.

I also agree with you but it has never really bothered me as I use custom sound mods which improves and changes it alot.

HAZ

I don't know if I'm going to get this or not.

I want Arma to be unique. Don't want this to be dumbed down because of greed and popularity. People should LEARN this game instead of the other way around..

...uhhh....have you not been following this thread and the others?

Chekko just joined today. So I don't think he's been following this thread...

True, I just like to pretend people lurk as bad as I do before joining a forum. :(

True, I just like to pretend people lurk as bad as I do before joining a forum. :(

lol, I joined then I started lurking around :p

I just lurk around without joining. You should have seen the massive shitstorm a couple of folks on the PZ forums kicked up. I mean the community's good and all-- Oh, right. Going offtopic there, aren't I?

Anyway, it's always good to read up on your homework before joining.

The words "greed and popularity" don't really come to mind when I think of BIS. More like "by the people for the people". I don't think you have anything to worry about Chekko. Also, lurk moar!:p

irony is he missed the great Havok physics showcase here

which in fact has some excellent examples like the stairs with walkway, steel construction, wooden contruction, houses and bricks

Dwarden, are you guys actually using a physics engine like this. Where objects are flexible or can break off... my god the game would be worth every cent, people like seeing the effects of war usually as much as just the simulation. It helps keep things interesting, but what exactly are you guys doing? I saw in the first public preview of ArmA 3 a lot of very nice physics. But is destruction really going to be a valuable asset, or is that still yet not decided?

A lot of people are wondering about it, considering it may be one of the last ArmA games. Especially if it doesn't hit the market well, but if this is what is to be offered. I work on the Unreal Development Kit, and they have a Fracture tool where you can take any object loaded in a map and open it in the Fracture editor. It allows you to assign different effects like smoke or sparks etc... and it also allows materials. With the exception of changing the shapes of fractures, like chunks or bending. If it were possible to even shoot holes through bricks and stuff, this game could enhance combat by a mile stone. I used to watch World War II videos, and all of the nice little towns people lived in were getting destroyed [sadly]. But my observation is that all of the debris gave more concealment and cover. Such as Battlefield 3 in some ways has done, but this Havok engine looks so damn nice its outstanding :O

A lot of people are wondering about it, considering it may be one of the last ArmA games.

Whoa, what? When was it said that ARMA 3 was going to be one of the last in the series?