Tryin to build pbo (MakePbo.exe) without mission and config.cpp, but looks like -J now working, how to ignore Ignore lack of mission.sqm or config.cpp?

Here are the rules:

There are two kinds of pbo:
+A mission.pbo : contains a mission.sqm intended for use in mission space
+An addon.pbo which uses engine space addressing.

a config.cpp is required because of it's contents and because the engine must know the name of this addon. (the file name is irrelevant).
>every addon requires <
class cfgPatches
{
   class NameOfPbo
   {

The reason for the change is that people are looking for my watermark signature inside a pbo to check if the addon is 'good'. If found, they look elsewhere for basic issues knowing that my tools have covered the usual errors.

people were  using my tools as a stamp of authority that their addons were 'good', without having to do any work to ensure that they were.

You can no longer use my tools to make 'wyswig' (-N) pbos. because wyswig doesn't look for errors. Great for you, terrible for the user of your addon.

I have the same problem as others:  rapify cannot be found.  

Hi Mikero,

You have mentioned that the subscriber version of your tools will 'allow' unbinarised config.cpps to be the pbo in the next release. Can you let us know when will that be?

early this week, am putting some finishing touches in other areas and testing all of them first.

the major reason for cpp of course is to now 'allow' >and detect<!!! that the config is using evals that can only be known at game load time. Most are normal and can be binarised, but there's a trend these days towards using statements like scope=__EVAL(something strange;};

On 8/31/2020 at 12:10 AM, mikero said:

early this week, am putting some finishing touches in other areas and testing all of them first.

the major reason for cpp of course is to now 'allow' >and detect<!!! that the config is using evals that can only be known at game load time. Most are normal and can be binarised, but there's a trend these days towards using statements like scope=__EVAL(something strange;};

As soon as you have done it please let us know.

latest releases of pboProject and the dll 'allow' text config.cpp and mission.sqms. Irrespective, the files themselves are still checked for errors before being accepted.

On 9/13/2020 at 6:45 PM, bhcluster said:

Yes.

10 hours ago, mikero said:

not even going to bother answering that.

Might be useful to update the link in your first post. I know it's obvious and easy to Google but yeah.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HazJ said:

Yes.

Might be useful to update the link in your first post. I know it's obvious and easy to Google but yeah.

That's why I asked, cos the link on the front page didn't work and on google I got that one.

Hello to all! I have a problem packing mod with mikero tools. more precisely: makepbo failed with error code -1073740940 ,  tried reinstalling all software but also get: makepbo failed with error code -1073740940

Just now, Mr Bullet said:

Hello to all! I have a problem packing mod with mikero tools. more precisely: makepbo failed with error code -1073740940 ,  tried reinstalling all software but also get: makepbo failed with error code -1073740940

https://pastebin.com/dSnCHq3N

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to fix this error?

1ZVmIht.png

pboProject v2.80.7.76

Environment Variables... PATH is set correctly

5 hours ago, bhcluster said:

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to fix this error?

1ZVmIht.png

pboProject v2.80.7.76

Environment Variables... PATH is set correctly

complete reinstallation of mikero tools and arma 3 tols, it helped me a lot once

• Thanks 1

I faced a similar situation yesterday, but a complete reinstallation did not help them. But the main thing is after removal.

1 minute ago, Mr Bullet said:

complete reinstallation of mikero tools and arma 3 tols, it helped me a lot once

assuming you're using the subscriber version of my tools Mr Bullet, simply download the auto updater from your personal webpage (it's the blue download button). It will indicate Any tool that's out of date and give you the option to upgrade it.

the error message you display above always happens when my dll is not compatible with the exe tool you want to use

@bhcluster. apologies. The url on the first page have been updated.

• Like 2

Help with DePbo . this error is in the log.

Spoiler

rapify x64UnicodeVersion 1.79, Dll 6.32 "config. cpp"
Min depbo dll version required is 6.78, is 6.32

there is a DePbo installation file with version 6.78