Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

I believe that UnuldorCZ will be back from Lemnos where he has probably taken some RL pictures to show us how the airport and the "poles" are looking.

I believe that UnuldorCZ will be back from Lemnos where he has probably taken some RL pictures to show us how the airport and the "poles" are looking.

We should find someone from Lemnos and make them do it! But sure, if UnuldorC craves a brief vacation...

shall we pay his expenses?

AFAIK photographing military assets in Greece isn't permitted.

Enjoy your brief prison time for anyone who tries. :)

AFAIK photographing military assets in Greece isn't permitted.

Enjoy your brief prison time for anyone who tries. :)

in all other contries is autorized :yay:

in all other contries is autorized :yay:

I would love to know one thats allow you to do such thing

The AAN site is up, but nothing new. Probably has another site ready to be released @1200 CET.

I would love to know one thats allow you to do such thing

is a Joke :)

The AAN site is up, but nothing new. Probably has another site ready to be released @1200 CET.

http://www.ion-inc.com/ is also up, although it seems nothing has changed.

This topic is epic it took me almost 2 days to read all these pages :o

600 pages !!! FTW

Here are my out-of-my-arse idle speculations, based on the evidence so far, and previously shelved BIS plans for Game 2:

The overall strategic background scenario is for an invasion of Europe in 2020 by Chinese forces (see the map from the first hack attack). This is the fifth phase of a larger operation, the previous four of which were designed to get Chinese forces to Iran. These previous phases were probably political and logistical challenges involving little fighting, merely involving the tearing of various -istans from the Western orbit, and transporting massive numbers of PLA units by rail into Iran. Iran is the jumping off point of much of the operation. The Chinese attack Lemnos as part of the larger invasion; using it as a base, they can prevent NATO attempts to attack their main overland supply line at it's narrowest choke point, over the Bosphorus.

Due to strong PLA forces in the region and on the island, and as a way to keep the Chinese unaware of their plans until too late, NATO opts to engage in unconventional warfare on Lemnos. A significant insurgency on the island could make air operations for PLA units based on Lemnos next to impossible, erasing one threat to a more direct attack by NATO on the Bosphorus. The island could also serve as a good base for an attack on the Bosphorus, and also as a point to launch strikes against the Chinese rear. This unconventional operation involves Captain Miller and his team, inserted by the HMS Astute. Follow-on NATO forces would no doubt be a force that has an interesting array of men, armour, and air units.

Playing as Miller, the player will have more control over the unconventional warfare campaign than in any previous BIS game, with a more or less real-time, dynamic campaign, as first proposed for Game 2. Island will be about 450 km square, or 20-22 km wide. This might be ArmA3; then again, it might be a heavily optimised and modified ArmA2 standalone module. I would guess the latter. I would also guess that this invasion of Europe marks a scenario that could be further exploited for more modules in the future, as this is a big event in the Armaverse; 'The world will change', or so the map said.

I must add that I don't find such an invasion scenario to be particularly plausible, but as a military scenario for a game of ArmA's type, it would make for some compelling virtual battlefields.

This topic is epic it took me almost 2 days to read all these pages :o

600 pages !!! FTW

Almost 6000 posts!!

20 Minutes till' next "hack"

Edited by ArmAriffic

Have we not hit the point where the mods normally close a thread and start a new one yet? :icon_rolleyes:

Here are my out-of-my-arse idle speculations, based on the evidence so far, and previously shelved BIS plans for Game 2:

The overall strategic background scenario is for an invasion of Europe in 2020 by Chinese forces (see the map from the first hack attack). This is the fifth phase of a larger operation, the previous four of which were designed to get Chinese forces to Iran. These previous phases were probably political and logistical challenges involving little fighting, merely involving the tearing of various -istans from the Western orbit, and transporting massive numbers of PLA units by rail into Iran. Iran is the jumping off point of much of the operation. The Chinese attack Lemnos as part of the larger invasion; using it as a base, they can prevent NATO attempts to attack their main overland supply line at it's narrowest choke point, over the Bosphorus.

Due to strong PLA forces in the region and on the island, and as a way to keep the Chinese unaware of their plans until too late, NATO opts to engage in unconventional warfare on Lemnos. A significant insurgency on the island could make air operations for PLA units based on Lemnos next to impossible, erasing one threat to a more direct attack by NATO on the Bosphorus. The island could also serve as a good base for an attack on the Bosphorus, and also as a point to launch strikes against the Chinese rear. This unconventional operation involves Captain Miller and his team, inserted by the HMS Astute. Follow-on NATO forces would no doubt be a force that has an interesting array of men, armour, and air units.

Playing as Miller, the player will have more control over the unconventional warfare campaign than in any previous BIS game, with a more or less real-time, dynamic campaign, as first proposed for Game 2. Island will be about 450 km square, or 20-22 km wide. This might be ArmA3; then again, it might be a heavily optimised and modified ArmA2 standalone module. I would guess the latter. I would also guess that this invasion of Europe marks a scenario that could be further exploited for more modules in the future, as this is a big event in the Armaverse; 'The world will change', or so the map said.

I must add that I don't find such an invasion scenario to be particularly plausible, but as a military scenario for a game of ArmA's type, it would make for some compelling virtual battlefields.

I like how your mind works :)

And about 7 useful ones. Not including this one, of course.

6000 post and we didnt even have any idea about what will come...

7 minutes till next "hack"

EDIT: You can have lots of cookies WakyIraqi

EDIT2: Next hack can happen any second now

Edited by ArmAriffic

Maybe we did a long time ago, but they didn't want to end the ARG so they just led us on a wild goose chase :p

Edit:

Woo got the 6000th post. Where's my cookie? :)

Okay, enough of the debating. Here is what that "thing" really is.

0.jpg

Now, back to the actual clues :icon_rolleyes:

I have to apologise, we're all out of sarcasm emoticons at my office. I honestly could not care less wether the picture was real or rendererd, if it's helicopters or paper planes, a Kamov- or a Mil-built chopper or if there's a Tunguska, a bobby-car or whatever sitting in the grass. All the ongoing arguing serves is to distract from the main puzzle as you so eloquently pointed out already. /CLS