Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

From http://www.hostelz.com/hostel/1984-Hostel-Ottawa-Laurier-Guest-House

Upon my arrival with the taxi, the taxi driver asked "are you sure that this place is a hostel? It looks a bit strange to me!". Anyway, the host couldn't find the key to the room that I had paid for so I got another room. It is hard to describe the room... the bed was of course too short for me as I am 6ft4", but that was not the real bad thing, the bad thing was that I found lots of black hairs inside the bed and I had to wipe them out before I could dare to get into the bed! The bedcloths were not particularly clean either, so I slept with my clothes on! And had to dress the pillow in one of my clean underwears to make it cleaner, so to speak. The kitchen was of course a dirty kitchen, with furniture which the owners found at some rubbish heap, brought home and dusted off! On the day I checked out, I went back to return the key to them and they were very friendly and asked me if I liked the place and I had to lie to their faces and say, yes I did! Then they asked me, so where are you going back to? And I said "I am going back to Canada!!!" Well, of course I made a mistake and I meant Toronto, but I suppose Canada was the Freudian truth! I have been to many hostels all over the world but this one was really something else... it was only comparable to the hostels of Naser-Khosrow in the slum areas of southern Tehran!

از ماست که بر ماست

The text signature in the email. This also seems to be a facebook group with posts trailing back to 13th july 2010, so most definitely unrelated.

Hoped I could get some decent info on the meaning of the saying, but the about info translation turned into gibberish.

If you'd like to check it out the FB address is bellow.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/%D8%A7%D8%B2-%D9%85%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA-%DA%A9%D9%87-%D8%A8%D8%B1-%D9%85%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA/125662844144095

از ماست که بر ماست

The text signature in the email. This also seems to be a facebook group with posts trailing back to 13th july 2010, so most definitely unrelated.

Hoped I could get some decent info on the meaning of the saying, but the about info translation turned into gibberish.

If you'd like to check it out the FB address is bellow.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/%D8%A7%D8%B2-%D9%85%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA-%DA%A9%D9%87-%D8%A8%D8%B1-%D9%85%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA/125662844144095

Check the last page for the meaning.

Offtopic: i just remembered the login into the http://www.ion-inc.com/ client xD :-D

There are 7 valid logins, as far as I remember.

Im suprised at how fast you guys work! 100 Pages in a day and all the information you get out of this shit is unreal :D and i love it! i think i spent the whole day at work reading the fourms glued to the screen looking for the next person who broke the next clue! :D

;)

Myke;1916352']Although the anim was already done' date=' here another version of it. Thanks to everyone who forwarded their mail to me.

[url']http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9367994/hacker.gif[/url]

You email addresses are going to be deleted to protect your privacy.

How does Bullet engine handle water simulation, would it be possible on ArmA's scale?

Talk of a new physics engine came up with the second clue - HMS Astute, the map from the forest of the real Krasnostav only reinforced the notion that there might be a major RV engine update. This, however, proves that's the world will change, in more ways than one; hell - they probably put a video of the simulation through ASCII and sliced it up.

To people who have no understanding of the implications: have you ever played ArmA, how about ArmA online @ pvp, perhaps? Now you see my point. ;)

hell - they probably put a video of the simulation through ASCII and sliced it up.

It certainly looks like that.

How does Bullet engine handle water simulation, would it be possible on ArmA's scale?

Talk of a new physics engine came up with the second clue - HMS Astute, the map from the forest of the real Krasnostav only reinforced the notion that there might be a major RV engine update. This, however, proves that's the world will change, in more ways than one; hell - they probably put a video of the simulation through ASCII and sliced it up.

To people who have no understanding of the implications: have you ever played ArmA, how about ArmA online @ pvp, perhaps? Now you see my point. ;)

If true, could be like what Resistance was to Flashpoint

Well, If this is a major physics engine upgrade I really hope they release an improved net code with it, because the current one really bring a decent server to a crawl once enough stuff is happening.

Just as an example. Try spawning 100-200 AI + vehicles and bring in 50 human players + vehicles. Check server load and server FPS.

Now imagine that same load but in addition the need to calculate extreme physics. Ouch...

If true, could be like what Resistance was to Flashpoint
Operation Arrowhead was already what Resistance was to OFP. Unfortunately OA made things worse a bit by making RPG type weapons super high range without much drop and bad integration of old ArmA II content mostly missing any new features and IR textures. Just a reminder...some aircraft are still not updated to countermeasures, IHADS or TI, old infantry weapons are untouched too doing some issues in OA. Edited by Beagle

If you're saying that OA made things worse, then you're not saying that OA is to Arma2 what Resistance was to OFP. Resistance was content and improvement in all areas.

maybe that persian phrase or famous man who wrote it down is hiding in youtube...

just a thought, check it plz

There actually were 7 logins IIRC.

just to follow this direction :j: ....can they add a new one for miller? :j: :D :D

If you're saying that OA made things worse, then you're not saying that OA is to Arma2 what Resistance was to OFP. Resistance was content and improvement in all areas.
Technically OA is...the content changes are done. The problem is only that half the content is left behind. The changes in RES where not that deep as in OA.

There actually were 7 logins IIRC.

crap... i dont know them all... could you please PM me they? :lookaround:

Something I haven't heard about:

http://www.pcgames.de/Iron-Front-Liberation-1944-PC-236843/News/Iron-Front-Liberation-1944-Deep-Silver-enthuellt-Taktik-Shooter-mit-Arma-2-Genen-823429/

Iron Front: Liberation 1944 is a WW2-Tatic-Shooter created with ARMA2 engine.

English: http://www.gamershell.com/news_116406.html

Ok. Who knows more? :confused:

The USERNAME and pa55w0rd5 are easy especially if you have enough clues to help find out the usernmae and paswords, except maybe for the OFP one which req OFP campaign knowledge.

Keep you busy till next hack. ;)

This post has been proofread for accuracy.

PM sent.

There is a thread about it in this very forum.

So I put my email into the website and got this as a reply

.,..`

.,,___+cwaKyaayyuuLL;L___. .

....` `._+Ls4F2uxqwffKydbkPPPkea#oaHEyuLL__LuL,

JaGGGqayyyyyyysuyaqyyyaqpbL_L3fdNaaaaeaOyaePakaqmyyUUuL_

*fPh$DpqqWDbDQQpD#MffT55ja3XF[jWHHHHOHK4jffPPaqP7$Gay44us..__,.

`3qqqWDDDWppqQBpqqqqqqppDqyyaqhTfPSPZfqqayyjjqh;c3f0EyappyayyyusL;__,.`

7DbDWDDDDQQQBB8QDQQR6##hft}Fxy.JojjyyWf50NmDpqyyyyqqqb#faGGGeeGGEyyyyysLLL____,.`

`09WWWWWQQQQbbDQQBQppppppppppp;_J5*"""'*fHEG#f$6NdbQ#MaaHHGGGOGqNNGEeHHGWKaeeaaayyuy_

*WpQQDDQQQQQQQb%%%8Qb%$9bQfffuyaqL `Jqppf*'*TjqMhyKKaeeqqGGGOGGGGeeeqmKaeeeeeeeqb'

`fDDDWpQQQDQQQppqqQQ8QpQQbCJQBQ%hk_____lf* 'l%EaeewGEKd#GNNqqNGWNGOhffffPHEeeGQF

?Wm6DDDdD6D6DR%8QQRGdQMfPCjhfC`_yqqaaqpgpqy_ -uu35KSqOaEaGNNNNNGmNEeeGGaaqEyyUfG"

"0NNmWNWWWWWmqWDR%bQQBM%ppQQpF 'fhqpQBBg@&ggy.`lOHGwyPaNNGGGqNNNGGGGGNOGEGDOHGEqM`

`3qNGGNmN$$mqmN$NNW6KuL))}*?uuLLyyggg@&&&&g&&L ~aGHHHeGNOGNNNONNNGGEGWEGG$$GGGGQF

?$OGGNMHeGNmmOeGdR#$NGqqq"?dWqWqQgggg&&&&&&&M_=SkKaeGGNmqNGGGGGGHGGmWGNNGGGGGWQ*

"KGGGOGGNNNNNGGGGOaaaks)l,/???l98ggg&&&@g&&@*^a44SKKGOHhOOGGHGGqqGO$NGNGGGGGEd8'

`zGGOGNNNNNNNGNOGN$0$fXyy1jq,`(aQ@&&&&g&&&@f+cfFVoXShheeKkHNeGNdNGeHGHHGWNGGGWM`

TeGNNNNNN$$NGHeGOKKusyySZaf` *fh#98@@@@fflcT}sAuf34AXSaSeaNGGNNNNGGGGENWNNNWQC

^OGNNNNNNGGGGGGGEKaeaaEoSyyuy; _qqqaL_._Laya4u[sV[u4yGweEeOGNNGGqWGGGHhGNNWQ"

-fG0M0GNGGOGGNKKeeeeeHSwawZa%" ?fPfffEa$fPC*l35]jaoyHheeeeeHNGOG$NNNNGGGNOdM`

'"*?ffhNGNG0EaeHOKeKaeGwwSyLLLyyyyuaC?f}sssLys?fkaaeeeeGeeaNNGGGGGGhNNNNGQT

`"*?TfPGEKKeeeaekSwwwZdR8b%%Mff_<sussaKyyyaeKPSeGMGeHGGGGNGGEaWqNGNQ*

`""7?fPPPSaaeZSwP1uci?}UUu1s$PwhwwwaKeaKwaeeeGeeHEGqOGGGNNNOqR'

`'"*?TfF5fXoKyyyyyyjuoKwaKwaKwKaGOeeHHGGGGeaeOGGGGeGNOqF

``""*?T5ffXXGywaaaaKSaeeaaHOeeeeeGqNGGGeGNNNGGNNb*

`"*7lfSaaaKeKwwHGeeeeeGNGee0GGNGNNNNNNNNNm,

`"*?l5hPaeeGeGGEeGMGGGGNNGqNNNNGOGH$E>;,.

`'"?Tfkk$qHGGaGNNGGOGWNNNOGGNGWt^^^^;__,.

`"*?fPGGGNqNNOGNNNNOGNGGWr^^^^^^>^^;_,...

`'"?lff0hhHNNqqNNNGM>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^;_.`

`""?lfh0h0NGWF^^^^^^^^^^^^^|^^^^^^;;__,.

`""?fff7>;^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^;^^^^^;^;_

``''"""""***^^^>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

```''""""***^;;^^

``'"

http://www.pcgames.de/Iron-Front-Liberation-1944-PC-236843/News/Iron-Front-Liberation-1944-Deep-Silver-enthuellt-Taktik-Shooter-mit-Arma-2-Genen-823429/

I think its a game on BIS engine sold to DeepSilver ?

EDIT: i think the admins had this written somewhere in this thread (and it is not involved with this ARG)

So I put my email into the website and got this as a reply

You're a little late to the party - everyone's already drunk or passed out in the corner.

But no worries, we recorded the whole thing for you: here.

But I never heard that BIS sold the engine.

Neither did we. The bastards forgot to tell us in the last shareholders meeting.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=118477

Edited by ArmAriffic