Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.10 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Can anyone tell me what's the difference between magazines: 30Rnd_556x45_Stanag, ACE_30Rnd_556x45_SB_S_Stanag, ACE_30Rnd_556x45_SB_Stanag and also 20Rnd_762x51_DMR, ACE_20Rnd_762x51_B_M14?

What are those SB, SB_S, B? Where each type should be used? Are they better then standard magazines?

Just updated my ACE mods using Yoma.

Question:

Is anybody UNABLE to lean Lt or Rt using a pistol or is it just me?

Using most recent..@ACE, @ACEX.............

Probably something to do with suppressed / tracers, etc?

Tried looking em up in the config browser and comparing values?

cfg_magazines/config/ACE_30Rnd_556x45_SB_Stanag

Thanks for answer.

I've unpacked configs and looked before posting, but it's not always clear what all those config values do.

That's obvious:

T=tracer

S=suppressed

But:

B = ball - what's that?

For example I still don't understand what's the difference between 20Rnd_762x51_DMR and ACE_20Rnd_762x51_B_M14. Which one should I use?

Can anyone tell me what's the difference between magazines: 30Rnd_556x45_Stanag, ACE_30Rnd_556x45_SB_S_Stanag, ACE_30Rnd_556x45_SB_Stanag and also 20Rnd_762x51_DMR, ACE_20Rnd_762x51_B_M14?

What are those SB, SB_S, B? Where each type should be used? Are they better then standard magazines?

In general (For ACE magazine classes, at least):

B: Ball. Standard ammo.

SB: Special Ball. Used for match round like M118LR or Mk262 etc.

T: Tracer.

S: Suffix used to indicate a normal round fired from a suppressed weapon. You don't have to add these, as the magazine system replaces these automatically when you have a suppressed weapon. Add corrosponding normal mags instead.

SD: Subsonic ammunition.

The difference between 20Rnd_762x51_DMR and ACE_20Rnd_762x51_B_M14 is that the former uses SB rounds, while the latter has B rounds.

Thanks for such detailed explanation. I think that it should be included into standard ACE documentation or any FAQ.

Hi guys i have a simple question:

is it possible to install and run multiple versions of ACE? the reason i ask is because i play on a server that uses only the latest stable release not the actual latest version that gets updated weekly and was wondering if i can use both?

Put the other version in Arma 2\ACE_Stable, and launch the game with:

-mod=ACE_Stable\@ACE;ACE_Stable\@ACEX

etc.

You can do that with any mod.

Currently the ongoing dev and stable versions are equal, but ongoing dev gets it's first update upcoming Friday.

ahh ok. seems like the UO server im playing in are using an old stable version as when i got the latest and greatest ACE update, the server complained of a mismatch version stating how my current version is .48 and the server using .46

something along those lines anyway

Stay tuned, UO is in the process of making use of SU CustomRepository hosting options, which will automatically get you the version needed for their server.

ahh ok cool. its a bit annoying as i have to use addon sync for UO.

glad they are adding features for six updater.

IMO six updater is far superior. i love it and great work indeed

Hi folks,i'm enjoying new features that comes with the new 1.10 like the RWR.

It works very good but only vs radar based threats.

I want to know if there are(and can be added to the mod) some countermeasures vs stinger/igla/streela that are very dangerous for eli pilots,since no warning are emitted...

THX

Hi folks,i'm enjoying new features that comes with the new 1.10 like the RWR.

It works very good but only vs radar based threats.

I want to know if there are(and can be added to the mod) some countermeasures vs stinger/igla/streela that are very dangerous for eli pilots,since no warning are emitted...

THX

Related to http://dev-heaven.net/issues/19402 ?

Stay tuned, UO is in the process of making use of SU CustomRepository hosting options, which will automatically get you the version needed for their server.

edit: its been implemented

http://unitedoperations.net/Thread-Using-Six-Updater-with-the-UnitedOperations-Repository

Sickboy you are THE MAN.!

Edited by jonneymendoza

uuhh ahh umm Well i did that and your right Mr charles it worked so thx, although u said to only run the @ace mod in game it installed them all lol not kidding when it says updator

Have another little problem now though game wont let me disable any of them in game? So that means I cant run different mods doesnt it? any way to sort this anybody?

Thx alot for the advice people im going slowly but at leats im going forward with this :)

Sry to be a burden but could someone answer my question it seems I cannot disable any of the mods?

Is this the function which had been removed somebody mentioned earlier?

Wanted to try out the wwII dday? mod so would be nice to find out

thx

I don't think so...

in my tests with Helicopters i've noticed that i can avoid missiles(using combo flares+evasive manouvres) 60% of times that seems to me fair enough.

My problems start when i've not any info about an incoming missile and this happens only with MANPADS, and 100% of times hit with no hope to avoid impact.

IIRC all military helicopters and planes should have some sort of IR detector...in order to defend them selves VS manpads

or am i wrong?:j:

Dunno, create a ticket with repro and details and it will be picked up.

Hi,

I'd like some help concerning the invisible targets. If I was going to create them during run time, how would I do it?

Would it be createUnit or createVehicle?

What side should they be?

At the moment I have this:

//Group
_hf_target_group = createGroup west;

//Create the targets
_hf_target_1 = _hf_target_group createUnit ["ACE_Target_WInf",_hf_target_1_pos,[], 0, "NONE"];
_hf_target_2 = _hf_target_group createUnit ["ACE_Target_WInf",_hf_target_2_pos,[], 0, "NONE"];
_hf_target_3 = _hf_target_group createUnit ["ACE_Target_WInf",_hf_target_3_pos,[], 0, "NONE"];
_hf_target_4 = _hf_target_group createUnit ["ACE_Target_WInf",_hf_target_4_pos,[], 0, "NONE"];
_hf_target_5 = _hf_target_group createUnit ["ACE_Target_WInf",_hf_target_5_pos,[], 0, "NONE"];
_hf_target_6 = _hf_target_group createUnit ["ACE_Target_WInf",_hf_target_6_pos,[], 0, "NONE"];

//Reveal the targets
{_x doWatch _hf_target_5} forEach units hf_ambush_group;

That is not the full script also.

Am I doing something wrong?

I don't think so...

in my tests with Helicopters i've noticed that i can avoid missiles(using combo flares+evasive manouvres) 60% of times that seems to me fair enough.

My problems start when i've not any info about an incoming missile and this happens only with MANPADS, and 100% of times hit with no hope to avoid impact.

IIRC all military helicopters and planes should have some sort of IR detector...in order to defend them selves VS manpads

or am i wrong?:j:

afaik, manpads cannot be detected in the same way other IR/RADAR missiles can. Hence i am pretty sure it is by design

afaik, manpads cannot be detected in the same way other IR/RADAR missiles can. Hence i am pretty sure it is by design

You can in some cases. The Apache can do this I think. I cannot imagine it being 100% reliable though.

ok i'll do some researches about manpads and countermeasures mounted on helicopters and if i find something i'll open a new ticket.

Right now it's a bit useless because i don't know how to help except for...

Repro steps : place a AH1W in map,place an enemy AA soldier,fly around,get downed by the Igla without warning...

In a ticket please, we'll gather all info in it and see what we can do with it.