Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.10 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Hello) I have a question :confused: How to explain my soldier AI put explosives and blow it?

Map: Old Domiation ACE 2.11 (Chernarus) + NEW LAST ACE :)

Thx.

Is there any way to lock on (Like the vanilla TAB?) in ACE2 using a helicopter?

I can't get my Ai gunner to designate the nearest target like with the TAB lock (To use Hellfires).

Were you the only person on the server, and is the server running 100% matching addons?

There are two clients but I think one of them may have some other mods - I will strip everything down and get back to you...

There are two clients but I think one of them may have some other mods - I will strip everything down and get back to you...
That's the problem, and #1 reason to run signatures, turning control back to you the server, the owner ;)

One of em is probably using a soundmod with broken inheritance config or touching config values that go beyond sounds, etc.

---------- Post added at 16:52 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

Is there any way to lock on (Like the vanilla TAB?) in ACE2 using a helicopter?

I can't get my Ai gunner to designate the nearest target like with the TAB lock (To use Hellfires).

It's all documented

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Missile_Guidance_Improvements

You are awesome, and should feel awesome.

For over a week I tried to get some way to use AGM,s with AI.

With real people they can just use the designator but AI straight out fail.

That's the problem, and #1 reason to run signatures, turning control back to you the server, the owner ;)

One of em is probably using a soundmod with broken inheritance config or touching config values that go beyond sounds, etc.

OK, my bad! I usually run the other client under a clean six-updater profile, but this time I had my 'lets test every mod in existance' profile running. Apologies - I thought I had checked this earlier!

Yeah - if it was a live server I would use sigs, but it's a dedicated server just for testing missions. Although it would stop me from accidentally testing under the wrong profile ;-)

156/157 are the same, just a version mix up of the repository version vs addon version, sorry about that.

Is the correct operation of the Tank FCS lazing system FPS-dependent?

I get flashing zeroes an awful lot. It thought it was because I was aiming at foliage or not waiting out the 3-second cooldown period, but often I am unable to laze buildings and vehicles right after turning the system on. It's definitely not within minimum range.

Likewise, is there supposed to be a long delay between turning the Soflam or Vector laser on and getting a distance reading?

If I go and make a ticket about this, people are just going to say that it doesn't happen to them and vote in down. So please share your thoughts.

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of converting a Challenger 2 addon to use the ACE FCS, in your API documentation you recommend using a script to get the bullet drop/hang time values for calibrating the FCS; do you happen to have such a script in your possession? Just to save some time if possible

another question about ACE 1.10

I noticed that ACE 1.1 removed many voice lines, even I didn't enable "novoice" in config

for example, CDF no longer has voice when spotting enemy, or when I give command "move to that tree, front", I got a silent command.

what should I do if I want the full voice chatter back?

Hi, Where I enable the bullet shells? In game ace options i cant find them. I just have a couple of features to turn on but no some shells feature.

another question about ACE 1.10

I noticed that ACE 1.1 removed many voice lines, even I didn't enable "novoice" in config

for example, CDF no longer has voice when spotting enemy, or when I give command "move to that tree, front", I got a silent command.

what should I do if I want the full voice chatter back?

Sounds like bug; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting - might even be an issue of CO - did you try it in vanilla CO?
Hey guys,

I'm in the process of converting a Challenger 2 addon to use the ACE FCS, in your API documentation you recommend using a script to get the bullet drop/hang time values for calibrating the FCS; do you happen to have such a script in your possession? Just to save some time if possible

Please create a support ticket so appropriate dev will find and respond.
Hi, Where I enable the bullet shells? In game ace options i cant find them. I just have a couple of features to turn on but no some shells feature.
http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Settings_Userconfig_and_Clippi

---------- Post added at 09:01 ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 ----------

If I go and make a ticket about this, people are just going to say that it doesn't happen to them and vote in down. So please share your thoughts.

Report it with repro mission and rpt http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting - if devs can repro it, they can improve it.

Without being able to repro it, then yes, not happening, is not really able to fix.

Also double check to try and repro it without any additional mods.

Edited by Sickboy

well, when I was using older version last night before update it, I could hear my CDF soldiers reporting enemy position, and when I replay order to them I could hear my character telling them moving to the tree...etc in Czech

but with newer version many voice lines changed to silent order

(while some other still working)

guess it's a bug, I will submit a ticket tomorrow.

Please also attach your arma2\userconfig\ACE files so we can confirm proper configuration.

if devs can repro it, they can improve it.

Without being able to repro it, then yes, not happening, is not really able to fix.

Also double check to try and repro it without any additional mods.

I can't repro it. That's what makes me think it could be an FPS problem.

So, in your opinion, could lazing functionality in Tank FCS malfunction because of low FPS? It works perfectly fine sometimes, not at all at other times.

I can't repro it. That's what makes me think it could be an FPS problem.

So, in your opinion, could lazing functionality in Tank FCS malfunction because of low FPS? It works perfectly fine sometimes, not at all at other times.

Could be bug (depending on island/terrain etc), and also fps / script scheduler busy-ness. We might try moving it to per-frame handler like we did with other such systems like the Hellfire missileguidance, this will rule out the script-scheduler, but being able to reproduce it would make things a lot easier :)

Could be bug (depending on island/terrain etc), and also fps / script scheduler busy-ness. We might try moving it to per-frame handler like we did with other such systems like the Hellfire missileguidance, this will rule out the script-scheduler, but being able to reproduce it would make things a lot easier :)

It's not an island issue, unless Chernarus is bugged. I will try to break the system by choking my power supply, etc.

Hey guys,

Will ask q11

thanks syckboy. But I serch in ACE_Settings_large.PNG and clippi config, and no bullet shells. Is has another name this feature?