Sign in to follow this  
Kommiekat

Zeroing scope for AI player

I've searched this and found no answer, so here goes:

Since CO came out, you may have noticed that with range weapons like sniper rifles, you can zero in, usually from 300 to 800.

Now, if I play a camp/sp with a squad AI mate that is my sniper and I cannot do Team Switch, will the AI handle the zeroing himself?

If my sniper is 600 meters away, will he adjust the scope himself or will it stay at default of 300?

Thanks in advance!

I've searched this and found no answer, so here goes:

Since CO came out, you may have noticed that with range weapons like sniper rifles, you can zero in, usually from 300 to 800.

Now, if I play a camp/sp with a squad AI mate that is my sniper and I cannot do Team Switch, will the AI handle the zeroing himself?

If my sniper is 600 meters away, will he adjust the scope himself or will it stay at default of 300?

Thanks in advance!

A.I. has a build in ballistic computer for and range and prediction.

Yea, there's no need for AI to zero anything, they don't actually look down the weapons' sights.

Thanks for your replies.

I found it interesting because I had some enemy snipers about 500 meters away on a hill shooting down at us.

I put him side by side with my machine gunner and guess what?

The machine gunner was putting the sniper to shame with kills.

*Tested on USRANGER's new camp "Valor"

Also generally observed in other scenarios.

I put him side by side with my machine gunner and guess what?

The machine gunner was putting the sniper to shame with kills.

No wonder since A.I. share target informations and the MG has the same range but a hundred fold higher volume of fire.

Yeah, its a shame that the Snipers are so damn unprecise. Especially the ones equiped with Dragunov are really bad...

Well...

Its hardly surprising that an MG is better at engaging targets at 600m. Sniper rifles aren't weapons of mass destruction; there is a reason why a traditional squad was/is built around an MG and not a marksman rifle.

If a human player spots targets (with binocs) the AI is a reasonable, but not a perfect sniper. Certainly a good thing too, because in the majority of scenarios the AI is shooting at you!

-k

Snipers aren't very good in this game because they use the same accuracy settings as a normal rifleman. Their only crutch is the scope on their weapon and the mechanical precision of it. Setting skill high doesn't improve their accuracy. You have to set the Precision for ALL AI high, but then even militia with AKS are snipers.

The game needs some way to set precision by class.

this setSkill ["aimingAccuracy",1]

For larger jobs, use forEach allUnits with classname or weapon conditions.

Very good idea!

this setSkill ["aimingAccuracy",1]

For larger jobs, use forEach allUnits with classname or weapon conditions.

Oh, I know you can do anything with scripting, but that doesn't do much to fix missions made by other people.