Sign in to follow this  
therev709

[CAMP/OA] Soldiers of Valor: Task Force 94

Official Announcement:

Preliminary Work has begun for:

Wow! That's great news! :bounce3:

And I'd be very happy to help in any way. Voice acting. Proof reading, and the like (not to toot my own horn too loudly, but I consider myself to be a pretty good writer).

I've downloaded/installed ver. 1.5 of your campaign. Will try later today, and hope that it finally gets me to The 'Stan.

I hope you are not working alone this time and we wont have to wait over one year for release :)

More addons please, RH weapons must be included! :)

10giga of addons is your minimum! :P

YEAH!! Finally I can continue playing the mission. That 1.5 update was marvelous.

@Kyle: The update should do the trick because I had the same circumstances as you.

Nice to play with new toys!

AC130 firing, driving around in a MaxxPro, using mma and my fav toy during the campaign....M8 TWS SD....just love it!

This is only one issue to report and that is with JTD Fire & Smoke for players to be aware about:

Mission: Where Eagles Dare

If you are using JTD, best to take it out. When the Prez gives his speech, the explosion will cause a big fire that will kill your #4 and #5 team mates. You can always put it back in after the explosion or before the next mission. JTD usually has a bigger fire with greater intensity and spreads out more.

Hope this helps!

YEAH!! Finally I can continue playing the mission. That 1.5 update was marvelous.

@Kyle: The update should do the trick because I had the same circumstances as you.

GREAT! I'm happy to hear of your success. I'm now much more confident that it'll work for me tonight. What was causing the "can't finish loading" issues? I had every addon installed, and that was for the version that required them. As far as I know, I wasn't missing anything, or was I...?

GREAT! I'm happy to hear of your success. I'm now much more confident that it'll work for me tonight. What was causing the "can't finish loading" issues? I had every addon installed, and that was for the version that required them. As far as I know, I wasn't missing anything, or was I...?

For me, it was SJB_SAS.

That addon gave me life on hell. I tried for months to get it going.

Not sure what Ranger did, but it worked.

Wow. This SUCKS. I just spent 45 min. writing up a bug report, went to post it, and BIS' system somehow lost it. WONDERFUL! :mad:

So, here's the very short and non-detailed version of it now.

The Stan worked for me. Yay!

I didn't do the qualifiers in order (didn't know that I had to do more than 1 due to how the dialogue was presented). I got the M17 CCO before I did the pistol range, and it became permanently lost afterward. This didn't happen when I was equipped with the M4A1.

METAL MILITIA

No entry error for RH_fmg9.

Spelling Errors:

Execution briefing="agains" should be "against."

IEDs briefing="Blow" when it should be "Below..."

Reached Link Up point and nothing was triggered. What am I missing? I tried to speak to every Team and Squad Leader that I could find to trigger a dialogue.

Why no NVDs in the default Loadouts of my men? Why aren't they available in the Gear listing when I modify what my men are equipped with?

Why aren't the regular infantry using them?

Also, the regular infantry aren't under fire when we arrive, yet in the film, they're engaged in a major firefight. They too aren't wearing NVDs; isn't this a little strange considering that it's 04:45?

That's it. Thanks!

Wow. This SUCKS. I just spent 45 min. writing up a bug report, went to post it, and BIS' system somehow lost it. WONDERFUL! :mad:

So, here's the very short and non-detailed version of it now.

The Stan worked for me. Yay!

I didn't do the qualifiers in order (didn't know that I had to do more than 1 due to how the dialogue was presented). I got the M17 CCO before I did the pistol range, and it became permanently lost afterward. This didn't happen when I was equipped with the M4A1.

METAL MILITIA

No entry error for RH_fmg9.

Spelling Errors:

Execution briefing="agains" should be "against."

IEDs briefing="Blow" when it should be "Below..."

Reached Link Up point and nothing was triggered. What am I missing? I tried to speak to every Team and Squad Leader that I could find to trigger a dialogue.

Why no NVDs in the default Loadouts of my men? Why aren't they available in the Gear listing when I modify what my men are equipped with?

Why aren't the regular infantry using them?

Also, the regular infantry aren't under fire when we arrive, yet in the film, they're engaged in a major firefight. They too aren't wearing NVDs; isn't this a little strange considering that it's 04:45?

That's it. Thanks!

Thanks for the info, I'll get on it. As for 'The Stan' mission, I delete all the weapons you have and only give you a handgun just so you can't "cheat" on the pistol range. I'm working on a script that will give you back the same rifle you began with. For now, it just gives you an M4A3.

Why no NODs? Because it becomes daytime pretty quickly, no need for em ;)

And you're supposed to talk to the Squad Leader, he's the cat near the medic who is desperately trying to revive a fallen comrade, in front of the ammo boxes, behind the MRAP. He'll have an action menu option of "Report In." In the future I'll just change this to a trigger instead.

Hey ranger. Love the updates you've added. I will post any issues if i find them.

What i got so far. Also If you need any help with SOV2 let me know. I can do you some cut-scenes if you like. Thanks bro!

On the mission ride the lighting, i get an error when trying to activate the c130 script. LDL not initialized? Also i think in the first mission i get a config error about a missing helmet.

Ranger,

Thanks for the explanation regarding the missing NVDs. Perhaps something should be mentioned in the briefing in regards to that, so that the Player doesn't too tightly confine his weapons selection, like I did, maybe something along the lines of, "It's close to sunrise, so there's no point in taking along NVDs." I made sure that the weapons I selected were compatible with NVDs, only to find out once I spawned that there weren't any. :D

Thank you for the tip regarding the Squad Leader, but I spent close to 15 minutes trying to trigger something from all of the leaders that I could find, and that included him. The only option that was offered by him was weirdly worded, and I can't remember it right now, but when I selected it, my #6 teammate changed his status from everyone else in the element (he switched from being "Hold fire," and from being "Team Green" to being in a "blank" state). I was able to call him back towards the status that he had prior to selecting that option offered to me by the wounded Squad Leader. I'll try the mission once more, and see if anything's different.

For me, it was SJB_SAS.

That addon gave me life on hell. I tried for months to get it going.

Not sure what Ranger did, but it worked.

Well, that cinches it for me then. SJB_SAS has some serious issues either wrong with it, or with the UK weapons pack it relies upon. I've tried building missions with them in it via the online PlannedAssault planner, and whenever the SJB_SAS units were present in the mission, it had a very high probability of generating a CTD. A couple of hardcore mission makers suggested that they think that there's an issue with the required weapons pack, but I can't say for certain.

Too bad, as those units are pretty awesome. Has anyone contacted SJB_SAS' creators to let them know that there are these kinds of issues, or...? It would be a shame to put so much work into them and that weapon pack, and not have them being used because of a glitch.

Thanks for your input Kommiekat.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

I'm confident that I've narrowed down the problem that I was experiencing with the Squad Leader.

When I reloaded Metal Militia from the point where I had saved, I went back to the seated (wounded?) Squad Leader. When I got within 2 m. of him the following Error Report was auto-generated:

Script\x\zeu\addons\GLx\s\zeu_AI_Join.sqf not found

[Continue]

I continued, and then proceeded to the seated Squad Leader, and the following option was available:

Release B-1-2-A

This was the option that I mentioned above, and that I selected before, that put my #6 teammate into a "blank" state.

Nothing else was different. Bored, I pulled out my sidearm and started blasting away at my comrades. Yeah, I can get cranky that way. :)

When they laid me to rest, I didn't "die" the typical BIS death. The screen went red, and I kept running with my sidearm equipped, and even ran right through some trees. Hey man, I was an ANGEL or something!

What was also strange is that I wasn't given the option to Revert. So, I restarted the mission, and went with just the default loadouts--I didn't change anything.

Imagine my surprise when the Black Hawk dropped us off in the valley to discover that I didn't have 6 men like last time, but now only FIVE. I almost restarted, and said, "No, let's see what happens in the name of being a good tester..." So, ahead I went.

When I got to the Squad Leader, he was NOT sitting this time, and immediately the Action Menu came alive with the option to Report In. This I did, and then I heard the dialogue regarding having "...only five men...?" and that's when I realized that I was only supposed to have five men in my team, and not six as before.

So, I walked my men up the mountain range on the right side of the valley we were supposed to assault. We walked for about 10 minutes when I was informed me that we successfully achieved the first combat objective! And not a single one of my men fired a single round! Man, I know that we're good, but that good? We didn't even have a chance to lay eyes on the first site, and they were already toast.

It must've been our secret CIA-produced underarm deodorant that killed the insurgents when the scent wafted down the valley to be inhaled by the enemy. ;)

I ordered my men to stay where they were, and then I peered over the crest of the range we were on, and looked into the settlement ahead. Other than a burning campfire by some tents, there was no activity of any kind. Up ahead, by about 2500 m. was our next objective indicator.

At this point, I quit the mission to report here.

Obviously, I did something wrong. Was I supposed to take a vehicle down through the valley to fight at Objective 1, and then drive through the small settlement to Objective 2?

Because, if so, my creative combat tactics might've broken the mission, as my personal approach to tactics is to constantly outflank whenever possible, perhaps I went too far?

Please let me know if I did something that wasn't supposed to happen.

I liked how you had a huge host of small arms made available to the Player where the Squad Leader was at. That makes it nice and flexible if one wants to reconsider the Gear choices that were made earlier before the mission launched. What I thought that was strange, though, is that I'm very certain that I had more weapons available to me at this location than when I was back at base, pre-selecting my gear. Am I right on this?

Alright, have to run.

@Sick1 Thanks man! SOV2 is in the uber early stages, mostly playing around with the editor and finalizing the plot and mission layouts. I haven't even written a script yet lol. My biggest problem is I have so many ideas that I want to do, but am trying to filter them into something that works and not a chaotic mess lol.

I'm also looking into the LDL and helmet bug as we speak.

EDIT: I'm not able to replicate the LDL init bug, only an error where mando_missiles can't find a specific sound file (which is there, I checked..). I ran the mission in both the editor and in the campaign file that I uploaded as v1.5.

@kyle_K_ski Are you using ZeusAI or GL4? Because that script error is from one of those mods, not the campaign. And you're only supposed to start with 5 guys including yourself, not six... I have no clue where that extra guy came from, I can only assume its from an extra mod you're running, as I never put an extra squad mate in the game. And the squad leader you report into isn't sitting, but stuck in an animation that keeps him standing there waiting for you.

The first Obj is supposed to be:

a squad sized LP/OP (listening post/observation post). They're one a "hold" waypoint, so they shouldn't move around until they take fire. So somehow the GL4 or ZeusAI Mod you're running is wrecking the AI :/

I also forgot to mention that error you got in the briefing: "No entry error for RH_fmg9" is from not having all of the optional RH weapon packs installed. Its no biggy, not game breaking, but unavoidable if you don't have all the gunz ;)

Edited by TheRev709

Ranger,

Reloaded and dipped my toe into the valley's water, and found out that it was VERY hot. Instead of going up the mountains, I just charged in on the valley floor once the HMMV's started opening up. VERY intense firefight, and held my breath the whole time. I got within 500 m. of the village before quitting.

Unlike the mountainous route that I took, I've been engaging OPFOR the entire way. I'm guessing that as I proceed on the bottom/sides of the valley that I'm tripping invisible triggers to spawn new enemies from the town, or...?

And I didn't deactivate any of my AI mods. I don't want to do that unless I absolutely have to, as they're a huge improvement to the default BIS ones.

What's strange in regards to RH's SMGs, is that I already have ver. 1.2 installed, but when I did a GOOGLE keyword search for the missing addon, it took me to a BIS thread that supplied a ver. 1.0 that I didn't have, and that I couldn't find using Armaholic's search window. So, I downloaded the ver. 1.0 from the BIS thread, installed it, and discovered that every file that was in ver. 1.0 was larger than the ver. 1.2 file. Weird! You'd think that ver. 1.2 would be the most up-to-date, but I guess in this case, it isn't. I was very pleased to see an MP5 and an MP7 were added to the available pistols, so you can bet that I'm using those. I'm going to restart Metal Militia, give my guys suppressed loadouts, and see how things go from there. I'm pretty excited! :bounce3:

I am sorry, I have tried to get through the first mission, but I just cannot make it. It is just too hard. I am stuck at the point I am instructed to hold the LZ and the base is atacked by two large formations of enemies. I am playing on regular difficulty (switched back from veteran) but the enemy forces have an extremely high precision. I don't know how the mission design is intended, but in the five second (no kidding) of the atack, the defending forces (two PK gunners and a Browning .50 cal) die. From that moment on I am alone, but cannot stick my head around some sandbags or I am nailed. Also, toning down the AI level in the game difficulty settings does not change this.

Anyway, I do not know what causes this, but I holds me from continuing the campaign already in the first mission.

I am not a rookie when it comes to playing this game. I just experience an extremely high difficulty level.

Anyone an idea what causes this ?

Bye.

P.S. Playing v1.5

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Hmmm, I finished it, but in my opinion this missions is very flawed in its design. Plz read my solution and share my amazement.

I hided myself at another end of the base and killed not a single opponent. The choppers fly in and, tadaaa, I succesfully defended the LZ

Common! This first mission leaves me frustrated from my 20+ tries to effectively defend the base, and it was not even necessary?

P.S. I do appreciate the work you have put in nevertheless.

@Pimmelorus, try lowering the AI accuracy in the difficulty setting.

Or you can go into your profile config where you can find your own missions and lower it there, that way the skill itself remains normal, but you can set their accuracy as something lower.

Ranger,

Reloaded and dipped my toe into the valley's water, and found out that it was VERY hot. Instead of going up the mountains, I just charged in on the valley floor once the HMMV's started opening up. VERY intense firefight, and held my breath the whole time. I got within 500 m. of the village before quitting.

Unlike the mountainous route that I took, I've been engaging OPFOR the entire way. I'm guessing that as I proceed on the bottom/sides of the valley that I'm tripping invisible triggers to spawn new enemies from the town, or...?

And I didn't deactivate any of my AI mods. I don't want to do that unless I absolutely have to, as they're a huge improvement to the default BIS ones.

What's strange in regards to RH's SMGs, is that I already have ver. 1.2 installed, but when I did a GOOGLE keyword search for the missing addon, it took me to a BIS thread that supplied a ver. 1.0 that I didn't have, and that I couldn't find using Armaholic's search window. So, I downloaded the ver. 1.0 from the BIS thread, installed it, and discovered that every file that was in ver. 1.0 was larger than the ver. 1.2 file. Weird! You'd think that ver. 1.2 would be the most up-to-date, but I guess in this case, it isn't. I was very pleased to see an MP5 and an MP7 were added to the available pistols, so you can bet that I'm using those. I'm going to restart Metal Militia, give my guys suppressed loadouts, and see how things go from there. I'm pretty excited! :bounce3:

Glad you're having fun. Keep the feedback coming! The problem with crafting missions is that I know every little twist and turn and how to beat the missions. I need fresh feedback like this from new eyes so I know how best to graft the mission to someone who hasn't played it before. Glad you're having fun and keep it commin! I'm pouring this feedback into improvements for v1.6

I am sorry, I have tried to get through the first mission, but I just cannot make it. It is just too hard. I am stuck at the point I am instructed to hold the LZ and the base is atacked by two large formations of enemies. I am playing on regular difficulty (switched back from veteran) but the enemy forces have an extremely high precision. I don't know how the mission design is intended, but in the five second (no kidding) of the atack, the defending forces (two PK gunners and a Browning .50 cal) die. From that moment on I am alone, but cannot stick my head around some sandbags or I am nailed. Also, toning down the AI level in the game difficulty settings does not change this.

Anyway, I do not know what causes this, but I holds me from continuing the campaign already in the first mission.

I am not a rookie when it comes to playing this game. I just experience an extremely high difficulty level.

Anyone an idea what causes this ?

Bye.

P.S. Playing v1.5

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Hmmm, I finished it, but in my opinion this missions is very flawed in its design. Plz read my solution and share my amazement.

I hided myself at another end of the base and killed not a single opponent. The choppers fly in and, tadaaa, I succesfully defended the LZ

Common! This first mission leaves me frustrated from my 20+ tries to effectively defend the base, and it was not even necessary?

P.S. I do appreciate the work you have put in nevertheless.

Yeah, I noticed that the enemy during the last assault wave on "Faith Lost" will half the time not trigger the failed mission script (they don't go to the waypoint but rather try to flank the whole FOB). I'm working on this for v1.6

As for beating the mission, its easy. Use the TWS M110, lean out from behind cover to tag a few guys, then move to the other side of cover and do the same. You're objective is to hold them back until the evac chopper can arrive, not to kill them all. If you act fast, you can mow a bunch of them down with the M240, M2, or lob a few 40mm with the MK19 before they zero in on ur position. You're meant to hold off the entire assault by yourself, which is pivotal for the plot...

Nevertheless thanks for the feedback and know I'm applying it all to further changes! Keep it coming and hope you have fun :D

While I'm doing prelim stuff for SOV2, v1.6 of this campaign is very much in the works, about 33% done. I'm gonna wait a little while longer to get more feed back on game play and to see if there are any major bugs I don't know about (the ones I do know about aren't major). Probably the biggest changes will be GL4 and/or ZuesAI scripts built into the missions. Since some (not all) of the missions are easily broken by AI mods, I'm going to disable them on my end (so if you're running the mod the mission that it breaks will turn it off), and then implement the aspects of the mod that will enhance but not break the mission. I'm only looking into this right now, so its not a total guarantee, but its definitely something I want to get in there assuming I can make it work.

Edited by TheRev709

Glad you're having fun. Keep the feedback coming! The problem with crafting missions is that I know every little twist and turn and how to beat the missions. I need fresh feedback like this from new eyes so I know how best to graft the mission to someone who hasn't played it before. Glad you're having fun and keep it commin! I'm pouring this feedback into improvements for v1.6

I'm happy to be of service, especially in light of ALL that you've freely done for us! I'm genuinely mystified by those who freely take what the modding community gives, and then give little, if anything back. Writing up detailed reports seems like a very small price to pay, especially if in the end result is an even better product for them to play again later.

If there's one feature I'd badly liked addressed right now is that of the Player getting killed, and then auto-restoring to the very beginning of the mission, with everything setback to default. That's very frustrating, especially if one spent 20-30 min. customizing the loadouts of the team, which is what I did, several times. No, that's the very definition of "unfun."

Some might think, "20-30 min. to customize loadouts? No way, man!" That's very easy to do, if one has all of the optional RH's addons available.

Now, to be very clear: I am fine with having the Player penalized by making them start over from the beginning of the mission, but to also wipe out the customized loadouts? Ouch! Is there a way to create an Autosave after the gear's been selected, but right at the mission's start, so that when the Player's killed all of the other saves are wiped out, but that "special-autosave" is preserved, so that any customized Player selections are not lost?

That way The Bitter is tempered with a tiny bit of Sweet.

Thanks for considering! :)

Yeah, thats my fault for using "lose" triggers. It will be changed for the next game so that won't happen. If you hit escape and revert to the last save you'll be fine, you have about 10 to 15 seconds to do so. I hadn't realized until someone else brought it up that the "lose" triggers resets the saves, as I always just instinctively reverted immediately not wasting any time, lol. But, as mentioned it will be changed for the next patch.

@Pimmelorus I've also worked a lot of changes into Faith Lost to make it a littleeasier, but still retains some level of difficulty and stress without being too overwhelming (although, the point is that you're being overwhelmed, lol) ;) And I've fixed the fail mission trigger (somehow it had actually gotten removed all together...), so if you don't hold them back, you'll lose.

Edited by TheRev709

*savegame in radio

Smart! I liked this feature a lot from the old Operation Flashpoint modding days.

UPDATE:

Version 1.6 is finally here! This is also the biggest update thus far; I've tackled a number of bugs and added a whole lot of new features including Group Link 4 mission script initialize! This adds the benefits of GL4 (minus the FX features) to the campaign, adding a whole new level of complexity and AI advancements. I have also improved many of the missions based on user feedback, but please keep it coming!

Mirrors:

Please refer to the first post for latest version

1.6 Change log:

• -Manually disable GL4 and added Mission Script Based GL4
  • -MMA and AC-130 training at "the Stan"
  • -Delete "Lose" Triggers, kill teammates instead.
  • -Savegame in radio
  • -Change "Report In" Actions to Trigger
  • -Ride The Lightning hints for each target building
  • -Add snipers and patrols to mountain ranges in Metal Militia
  • -Fail mission script in Faith Lost for final assault wave
  • -Added Mortar and changed OPFOR spawn locations in Faith Lost
  • -Put Crucho on the first floor in Where Eagles Dare
  • -Metal Militia Spelling Errors
  • -The 'Stan' subtitles for ROs
  • -Various minor fixes

Edited by TheRev709

I'm excited by your release notes. Sounds like you did do a ton of adjustments to your campaign. Thank you for your efforts!

Downloaded, installed, and will try playing it tonight.

Thanks for the mirror, Miller!

Just finished uploading a new trailer for v1.6, hope you guys enjoy!

qV8CdzOuwco

USRanger,

I have the required addons, but when I try to "revert" after dieing in a mission I get an error message in-game saying the mission is not playable due to missing ace.sys attachment? Not even using ACE, think it has something to do with the weapon addons?

FIXED - Did not use the additonal addon weapons mods and the error disappeared. I probably have to go into the weapon packs and remove the ACE .pbo's if I want to use them.

Edited by ranger1979

USRanger,

I have the required addons, but when I try to "revert" after dieing in a mission I get an error message in-game saying the mission is not playable due to missing ace.sys attachment? Not even using ACE, think it has something to do with the weapon addons?

FIXED - Did not use the additonal addon weapons mods and the error disappeared. I probably have to go into the weapon packs and remove the ACE .pbo's if I want to use them.

Yeah, it has to be the ace configs for the weapons.