Sign in to follow this  
therev709

[CAMP/OA] Soldiers of Valor: Task Force 94

Kill his Spetsnaz guard detail then walk up to him. The trigger is activated with your player (Bloodhound) being present.

If you mean the ones in the bunker with him, i do... I love your mission and am simple asking for help/ critiquing it please dont think im insulting you by asking these questions. Keep up the good work

If you mean the ones in the bunker with him, i do... I love your mission and am simple asking for help/ critiquing it please dont think im insulting you by asking these questions. Keep up the good work

Nah, you're good. I know this thing is far (very far) from perfect, and being an open world engine no one will ever have the same experience twice. So its really impossible to dictate what exactly is going to happen. I've played through the entire campaign well over 100 times throughout its development, and will still never encounter the same bugs, or execute the triggers in the same manner as anyone else who plays it.

You're feedback is very well appreciated and always welcome, and I'm glad you're having fun!

In regards to the spetnaz guard do u mean the ones in the bunker with him, or the entire base?

If you're talking about the mission Avarice, then you just need to kill the guards around him, but I highly encourage you to clear the whole base.

I did what you said and killed every in the base to the point where i went around and put a bullet in everyones head to make sure they werent just injured, after that me and archangel stood infont of the guard for 5 min to no success, so i reverted your mission, idk if its a bug but im ganna try it again.

My friend you need to do a seriour bug check, rehaul of the mssion im finding alot of things that make certain levels of the game unpassable, because of bugs, conflicts.

Edited by logandog1240

I've identified the bug and will have an update out today.

Just keep posting the bugs you find, as I can't recreate them all.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

UPDATE:

1.7.3 | 09 December 2011

-Fixed broken script on Avarice

Mirrors:

File Front

Armaholic

ArmA2Base.de

Edited by TheRev709
updating mirros

I dont know what it is about your campaign, but as the mission pergresses, scripts become slower and slower, at first when i died i died right away then got the revert button, towards the end of the mission i die and have to wait about a minute for the screen to pop up

And by the way the missin after the general one had terrible planning why would u put apc's everywhere with no Anti tanks? and put one right next to the objective so theres no way to make it there without going 100km per hour and jumping out?

I dont know what it is about your campaign, but as the mission pergresses, scripts become slower and slower, at first when i died i died right away then got the revert button, towards the end of the mission i die and have to wait about a minute for the screen to pop up

Hmm I'll look into this but I've never had this problem and can't replicate it.

And by the way the missin after the general one had terrible planning why would u put apc's everywhere with no Anti tanks? and put one right next to the objective so theres no way to make it there without going 100km per hour and jumping out?

Did you read the briefing and the notes? It says for you to bring AT, and there are enemy AT all over the place, in almost every OPFOR patrol or squad they have AT. The radio tower obj before clearing the nuke base has enemy ammo boxes with AT. And of course you can set your team's loadout before playing and give your guys AT. Its there, you just have to work for it, not gonna just hand you AT like in COD ;)

In the mission where you have to stop the nuclear launch, after you get off the train, the ai refuse to move and are ineviatably gunned down

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 10:56 PM ----------

In the helicopter ride it stops at the 3rd spot and wont continue, also the heli "twitches" when your in autohover

Try running it without those mods. It should work with JSRS and WarFX, but other mods can affect the way points and miss fire triggers. AI mods play hell with it.

would love to play this campaign but whenever I try to even select the campaign in my campaigns menu I get the following:

"No entry 'Campaigns\SoV.1.7.3\Description.ext.Campaign.' "

I think you forgot to add the description.ext?

I just checked the .pbo and its in there. I also just erased and loaded v1.7.3 and it works...

hmm i'll try downloading it again and i'll let you know.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Ok solved..what I did is place the folder with the pbo in it in the campaigns folder and I had to only put the pbo in it ofcourse.

Looking forward to playing it

Good deal, hope you enjoy it! :D

played it and it's indeed scripted as in you have to go there and can't go anywhere else.

But it's a change to all those other campaigns...I like it ;)

and great timing with the music!

USRanger709, you have created a master piece again. Awesome campaign, good story line, good music. I only wish that your campaigns were MP. Great work!!!!!! What happened to the Spooky campaign? :)

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Another awesome campaign by USRanger709!!!! Excellent story line, music, vice over, etc. I only wish your campaigns were MP. Are you still working on the Spooky campaign?

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

Sadly I tend to start projects then life catches up with me. This being my last semester in school and having a job now (I got most of my mission making work done when I was inbetween jobs) I literally have work or class every day of the week. And with graduating this May I don't really know whats next for me.

Recently however I've made the transition to Arma's awesome MP community. I'm playing with a great group of guys and all of my mission making is now strictly for in-house MP ops.

Nevertheless I'd love to return to finishing either the Spooky campaign or SoV2 if time ever permits, but at this point they would probably become Arma 3 projects :)

Hey love the campaign mate probably the best one i've played in all honesty. You've probably gone past the point of releasing bugfixes for it now but thought I'd let you know cos this is a strange one. Basically on the mission where you have to take out two AA + Radar then final objective, when I kill the rogue general Archangel just falls over dead! Fission mailed, absolutely bizarre, tried it multiple times moving archangel to different areas and it always happens.

Either way superb stuff, may I ask if you've released any of these inhouse MP missions? Its what I mostly do nowerdays as well and we're always on the lookout for quality stuff, cheers.

Wow this is excellent!

I'm still only in the range qualif. section but already the immersion factor is top notch.

I may need some more practice with the Spectre though... Yeah I targeted and blew myself up on my first attempt :lookaround:

By the way, as much as the hip hop playing in the background is cool, it got stuck 'on' and in a loop wherever I went in the ranges and got a bit irritating after the 3rd play, heh.