Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.2 Stable (TS3 pre) - Release Thread

Another Thing.

Xeno organised a Tactical Saturday for the german community. There were some People that had serious Problems with ACRE, (ACRE not connected to TS) some other had frequent ACRE crashes.

Well that´s not really a helpful bugreport.

As you can see with the example you´ve provided, when it doesn´t work usually something terribly stupid has happened :D

The crashes are another issue. Still no valuable info for the dev´s though as long as we don´t collect all the crashlogs and send them over. Might be a good idea.

On a sidenote, my TS didn´t crash for the whole evening, ... arma did ... but not TS.

Hi.

i am trying to join a server thats using ACRE and before, ACRE was working whenever i join via six updater but when i created a new preset based on that server and added ACRE and jay to it, i did a update as it said my acre and jay was out of date as i originally installed it using the ACRE.EXE setup file.

So anyways after updating it, the server/game now complains how the @Jayarma2lib is not enabled and to check installation?

How is it disabled? in six updater it is clearly visible on the Info window tree and has a green colored icon??

any suggestions?

bump. any advice on this issue above?

The crashes are another issue. Still no valuable info for the dev´s though as long as we don´t collect all the crashlogs and send them over. Might be a good idea.

Yep.

On a sidenote, my TS didn´t crash for the whole evening, ... arma did ... but not TS.

Exactly the other way around for me. Multiple TS crashes and one time I forgot to put my weapon into safe mode, switched back from desktop after TS 3 restart and killed another player, not nice in a mission without respawn :p

Though there was another bug then... all other players could hear the dead player talking (he could hear me too but only when I was standing next to his dead body), and it didn't change for the the rest of the mission.

We used 1.2.9.349.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Sounds like hes getting something horribly confused. The capslock key wont even register as a valid hotkey unless ACRE is connected and working 100% (as in, in teamspeak, the key never exists until ACRE fully synchronizes and then tells teamspeak its a hotkey). Does he have capslock set as his VON key? as his TS3 PTT key? Sounds like something really fishy is going on here - because that means ACRE *is* working if capslock is activating - unless he has it set as a PTT already, which may explain some problems.

OK, I've done some more background research, and he set his ingame push-to-talk keys to other, completely acre-unrelated keys (as far as I know anyway: backspace and insert). Also, his normal TS3 PTT key is a mouse button (so not caps lock) so it should not conflict with the radio transmitting button.

As far as I've been able to ascertain, his install is pretty much OK. His TS3 version is 3.0.0 rc1 [pre-12] build 14208, just like mine. His acre version is 1.2.9, just like mine.

The funny thing is, when he starts up ArmA and gets into the server, he does not get the ACRE is not connected to Teamspeak warning in the top right corner. However, when I look at his TS3 status, it says 'ArmA2 connected: no'. When he unplugs the ACRE plugin while in game, he DOES get the 'ACRE not connected to TS' warning. That will go away when he activates the plugin again.

When we're in game, he can hear me when I press caps lock to talk (in a clear voice, so not through radio) as well as when I use my ACRE directional PTT. His PTT comes in clear, his Caps Lock doesn't work at all. However, he can bring up his radio and it comes up with the 'transmitting - radio type - frequency' box in the bottom right of the screen when he pushes caps lock.

He started all his applications as admin (he's running win XP).

I'm kind of stumped as to what his problem is, I've exhausted all my options :P It seems to me that his ACRE should be working 100%. Everything looks fine at first glance, but there is that inconsistency: ArmA2 thinks that Acre is connected, but Teamspeak begs to differ.

So TS says 'no connection', while ArmA doesn't state there is no connection.

Any idea?

We've made the upgrade in-squad, and the majority of issues seem to sprout from the installer putting the Arma 2 stuff in the wrong folder; given the three install options have no warnings of where the folders will be installed to unless you go through the seemingly 'advanced' custom option, it feels a bit like people are set up for a fall, given that those that would make this sort of error are of the kind to not be technically averse enough to recognise that this may be an issue

<snip>....!

This was something I reported on when ACRE were using the DevHaven to track and log bugs - It was quite in-depth in the issue and I don't see the ticket ported over to their latest bug tracking system.

Unfortunately as the access is now restricted (DevHaven ACRE section) - I can't refer to the bug reported.

it works! :yay:

so here's what I've done

C/Program Files/Steam

let the steam.exe ALWAYS open as admin

C/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead

let the ArmA2OA.exe ALWAYS open as admin

to open as admin click right mouse button, properties, select the tab "Compatibility" (will probaly be called something else in english, just used the word and google translate) on the button of the screen there's a option run this program as admin. enable that option

Morning guys

I installed ACRE but it don't run.

In the first window of game i can see:

ACRE version 1.2.9.349

CBA version v0.7.4.156

ArmA version 1.59.79384

I updated Ts3 to version 3.0.0-rc1-pre12 [build: 14208] on Windows

SO Windows 7 64bit Ultra

On TS3 i can see:ACRE loaded and initialized

Version: 1.2.9

Problem:

-when i START a game i see this error: script BB not found

-when i JOIN a game i see :Warning ACRE is not connected to teamspeak

-when i'm in game i see:File dsound dll not found in ArmA directory (but there is)

I followed the installation step by step...Anyone can help me?

Do you use the latest Arma Beta? If yes, then you have to place the dsound.dll into the expansions/Beta Folder

it works! :yay:

"yadda yadda run as admin yadda"

Sheeit, we must have told you like fifty times to run everything as admin... how is this a surprise to you? :rolleyes:

Oh well, at least it works! :)

EDIT: We're still having trouble resolving the other guy's issues though. All other people appear to be able to get it working but his issues are still unresolved...

Do you use the latest Arma Beta? If yes, then you have to place the dsound.dll into the expansions/Beta Folder

No,i I don't use beta...i use the last official relase.

I Tried to place that dsound dll in expansion/beta but the problem still exist.

Script BB not found

ACRE:dsound dll not loaded in Arma2! Check jayarma2lib installation

PS

I run always ArmA and TS3 like admin

Well, which version of jayarma2lib are you running? And well its a stupid question, but did you really run jayarma2lib and @CBA?

-Rico.it;1910097']JayArmA2Lib_V1.4.19

CBA v 1.5.7

i'm going crazy...

I haven't read all of the posts within this reply but I can only recommend you try the following:

Remove/Delete the following:

[The ARMA2/OA Folder' date= where you have your mods]

@acre

@jayarma2lib

[ARMA2/OA userconfig folder]

../userconfig/acre

[The ARMA2/OA Root Folder]

dsound.dll

Note: I use steam so I have copied this file (dsound.dll) to both the ARMA2 and ARMA2:OA folder (just to be sure) - This is because the ARMA2 and OA install into seperate directories, and the retail version doesn't

[Teamspeak Plugin Folder]

acre_winXX.dll (XX denoting whether you have 32 or 64)

Deleting all the above should give you a clean slate to work from.

Grap the latest ZIP file of ACRE and then manually move the files and folders into the relevant folders (as above but reverse the deletion).

I've just done this and it's working fine for me :)

Edited by LondonLad

Two things I noticed with the install that may or may not be able to be sorted by you guys.

Firstly, the need to totally uninstall the current TS3 to get this beta version working. I was under the impression they could be run off of the same system due to different instal routes but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Secondly, I found that even though I got the 64 bit version it wouldn't let me install the new TS into my 64 bit program files, instead, even though I had clicked on it in the custom route would show the route as /c/programfiles(x86) or whatever it is. Made it a pain in the arse as I had to install it into my documents.

Two things I noticed with the install that may or may not be able to be sorted by you guys.

Firstly, the need to totally uninstall the current TS3 to get this beta version working. I was under the impression they could be run off of the same system due to different instal routes but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Secondly, I found that even though I got the 64 bit version it wouldn't let me install the new TS into my 64 bit program files, instead, even though I had clicked on it in the custom route would show the route as /c/programfiles(x86) or whatever it is. Made it a pain in the arse as I had to install it into my documents.

This was reported early on with version 1.2.x but on their old bug-tracking area (via Devhaven) - I know they are aware of the install problem as I logged a pretty lengthy report on it. I haven't seen the bug ported over to their new bug-tracking area. On the old bug-tracking system it was scheduled to be resolved for v1.3 - Whether that is still the case, I don't know.

I now use their ZIP package and manually move folders rather than using the EXE packages. With this you can manually move the TS Client to the folder of your choice :)

-Rico.it;1909972']Morning guys

I installed ACRE but it don't run.

In the first window of game i can see:

ACRE version 1.2.9.349

CBA version v0.7.4.156

ArmA version 1.59.79384

I updated Ts3 to version 3.0.0-rc1-pre12 [build: 14208] on Windows

SO Windows 7 64bit Ultra

On TS3 i can see:ACRE loaded and initialized

Version: 1.2.9

Problem:

-when i START a game i see this error: script BB not found

-when i JOIN a game i see :Warning ACRE is not connected to teamspeak

-when i'm in game i see:File dsound dll not found in ArmA directory (but there is)

I followed the installation step by step...Anyone can help me?

Problem solved after update JAVA on my SO....:yay:

first of all i haft to say wonderfull addon brings alot to the gamming community that being said

me and my squad have been testing this on are server and when we get killed and respawn acer quits working and we haft to shut down are teamspeak and restart it to get it back working

i know when we installed acre to are server are admin put in jay2armalib userconfig and d sound and the acre folder not sure if that is what is causeing the problem with everyone's acre crashing e have also had some issues where acre crashes us to desktop.

first of all i haft to say wonderfull addon brings alot to the gamming community that being said

me and my squad have been testing this on are server and when we get killed and respawn acer quits working and we haft to shut down are teamspeak and restart it to get it back working

i know when we installed acre to are server are admin put in jay2armalib userconfig and d sound and the acre folder not sure if that is what is causeing the problem with everyone's acre crashing e have also had some issues where acre crashes us to desktop.

Please file a ticket with the mission your using and a list of addons.

Please file a ticket with the mission your using and a list of addons.

ahm did i miss something? I only put cba and acre on the server and it works fine? why jayarma and userconfig and the dll ?? Just a question..i'm confused

A question:

To host the TeamSpeak server, can I just use the latest version of the TeamSpeak 3 server beta (at beta 30 as I write this)? And are the plugins only client-side required plugins?

Finally, is the dev team looking for someone to update the documentation wiki on the tracker? I'd be happy to take that task.

thanks for a great addon!

A question:

To host the TeamSpeak server, can I just use the latest version of the TeamSpeak 3 server beta (at beta 30 as I write this)? And are the plugins only client-side required plugins? -cut-

The TS-server has not much to do with ACRE. You can use any version here. The ACRE plugin is client side only.

We are always looking for help on documentation.

Hello everyone at Bohemia Interactive,

I have been using arma 2 Combined operations for about 3 to 4 months now and have never encountered any problems. I have just recently found that my unit, the 502nd PIR for I44 wants to use ACRE mod. The ACRE team has just released the latest release which is 1.2.9. I downloaded the installer from http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=117521 the 64 bit, which matches my operating system. I knew this installer worked because it was passed to me by a fellow member who had just used it. It worked successfully for him. When i tried to use it it worked perfectly. I used this installation guide http://29thid.net/index.php/topic,470.0.html The Teamspeak 3 installed, i heard that new voice and everything, it said ACRE 1.2.9 on my profile. So everything was good. I then proceeded to my mod launcher and checked off the following mods, @Acre, @JayArma2Lib. I relaunched TS3 as administrator and the arma launcher as Administrator. Now here is my problem. When I launched arma from the mod launcher as Combined Operations i received the following error message.

JayArma2Lib: Incompatible version of ArmA2 or unable to check version.

I didn't think much at first, maybe a bad install, so i tried installing it again. Same thing. I goto fellow members who tried to help me out. We removed all ACRE files and tried the install another time. The only time i can get the game to run successfully with launching the @Acre and @JayArma2Lib folders is when I delete the dsound.dll from my Arma 2 directory. It runs but, of course, I am not able to run any of the ACRE features because of this deletion. This error message is clearly the center of my problems. I can guarantee if it goes away my Arma ACRE will work. My fellow members suggested reinstalling arma, but as I dont want to wait three days for the install to complete i am looking for any other method possible.

If anyone has any suggestions please leave them, I am desperate. I have literally done everything I can think of. It would mean alot to me if you, the members of Bohemia would not refer me to a different post but help me step by step solve this problem. I would not come to Bohemia if I didnt have to, but this was my last option.

I hope you can help,

Thank you,

Thanks for all the support with this cool mod. I'm trying to get everything set so I can play with 6th Sense.

The issue I'm having is that the plugin apparently doesn't load in TS3. I am running the beta as you can see in my attached screenshot.

And for some reason, when the ACRE mod is loaded and I launch the Arma 2 CO from 6 Updater, when the menu appears, I get a pinging sounds every 3 seconds or so. Since I've never been on TS3 and I'm new to Arma 2, forgive my lack of experience here.

Their is never anyone in the 6th Sense TS3 server when I'm there, so I can't test or ask what's the deal.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Whoops.. I should mention that this is the error I get when I attempt to highlight the red plugin acre_win64.dll

"Plugin failed to load:Api version is not compatible"

Edited by neven
added stuff.

New TS3 released today is incompat with current DLL. We should have an updated DLL out shortly.