Mortar M17

MG 07/12

Mauser C96

MP18

LP08

LP08 with 32 Rnd magazine

P08

P08 with 32 Rnd magazine

and role model German infantryman. :D and sounds for Lewis, Vickers, MG05 :cool:

woaw... the german infantry unit is so nice !!! amazing work !!!

Me jealous (LMG models).

;)

Vilas, who made the lastest additions to our arsenal, approached me yesterday with permission to trade his models made for W39 with other mods, shall the need arise.

I'd lie if I wrote I'm not vividly interrested in some of your content (e.g. MG 08, Lewis), so If you see a possibility - please let me know. We have a nice and fitting Berthier M16 and Chauchat 1915 models, among others, that would be of need - I think. I'd gladly offer my texturing skills as 'payment' for anything you'd be willing to donate - if there'd be nothing to trade on a 1:1 basis.

Edited by topas

Ah the landship site, very helpful when I was working on my MK-1 and A7V.

We need someone with mapping knowledge as I need to know if you can deform the terrain to a trench shape and then we could insert a trench model or if we have to create trench model above ground and then create a slope down to ground level

Man, wish i could help. Anyway, quick question: Do you predict, that the mod will be released in 2013?

At this pace I think it's safe to say there will be a release in 2013,probably get a small release out first like a few tanks units and 1 map or something

the vehicles and weapons is the easy part the hard part will be all the models that will have to be made for the map like the trenches

I'll try to learn some mapping. Maybe i'll be helpful in some time. I feel, providing infos is too small help.

We need someone with mapping knowledge as I need to know if you can deform the terrain to a trench shape and then we could insert a trench model or if we have to create trench model above ground and then create a slope down to ground level

Hi skeligandrew and the whole ww1 mod team,

try to contact Prowler or Pacuk from Inv1944 mod they had some "on map" trenches in the map http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?117585-Invasion-1944-v2-5-(CO)/page72

in the description it says "The sleepy town of Bastogne is sure to give you the chills as it is overlooked by a menacing hill littered with trenches and foxholes that have been meticulously prepared in the biting cold. There is no telling what carnage is about to be unleashed."

By the way you are all doing a really great job with this mod, keep on guys!

Hi skeligandrew and the whole ww1 mod team,

try to contact Prowler or Pacuk from Inv1944 mod they had some "on map" trenches in the map http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?117585-Invasion-1944-v2-5-(CO)/page72

in the description it says "The sleepy town of Bastogne is sure to give you the chills as it is overlooked by a menacing hill littered with trenches and foxholes that have been meticulously prepared in the biting cold. There is no telling what carnage is about to be unleashed."

By the way you are all doing a really great job with this mod, keep on guys!

trenches from "I44" not catacombs of the First World War. The problem is modeled is smaller than making weapons or units. It takes a lot to read literature and especially to realize that the First World want to do.

skeligandrew:

by tanks estimate that want to do period 1916-1918. Accordingly I do uniforms. During the war, they were developing, so probably would be good to split the German forces in 1916-1917 and 1917-1918.

ArmA_germanArmAII2.jpg

Edited by petrtlach

Thanks for clearing petrtlach, I thought for that since the ww1 mod from ofp http://ofp.gamepark.eu/index.php?showthis=5861 (picture left bottom) just to make a place on the map where you can put the trench model, but in ofp times that doesn't work, and awesome work on these german soldiers, really great.

It's nice to see such variations, even the smallest details appear to be honored.

My one concern is the size of the helmet. Should it not be slightly larger?

http://kerstin59.homepage.t-online.de/ebay16/pk28.jpg

You have to take into account the fact that the proportion of ArmA II soldier, not the proportions of people in the early 20th century, so they are not 165 cm, but about 180 cm. You have to count and with several sizes.Yet model to satisfy you a bit larger. You know that the Austrian M16 was still a lot smaller than my model?

Beznaacutezvu1_zps1136e259.jpg

Edited by petrtlach

Very good point, that is one thing I had not taken into account. It is no wonder the proportions seem off, but alas it's accurate for what you're working with.

I have made a rough draft of a section of german trench

http://puu.sh/1HBSy

This is the shape of the main "straight" trench which can be tiled (copy and pasted beside eachother) seamlessly, I am not sure whether to model the corrugated iron onto the walls of the trench or use a flat texture instead, maybe if there is too much on the walls your character will get caught on it I am not sure

Having one trench done allows me to quickly copy and mirror trenches so I can create large trench formations with ease, like from that one trench I posted above this can be made in a matter of seconds

http://puu.sh/1HC3S

Edited by skeligandrew

At this pace I think it's safe to say there will be a release in 2013,probably get a small release out first like a few tanks units and 1 map or something

the vehicles and weapons is the easy part the hard part will be all the models that will have to be made for the map like the trenches

Though me and Hetsar would like to confirm a 2013 alpha release for our fans who have supported the mod when I was the only modder and Hetsar was our web admin and still is, I don’t want to get peoples hopes up in case we can’t deliver due to a problem or whatever not saying that it will happen but I as many of you I am sure have once waited for a mod that promised a date and never kept it due to unforeseen issues.

Now I am sorry if I come across mean it’s just release date and even faction’s for first release where never discussed after Eaglke and skeligandrew joined and so there is much misinformation right now in the ranks that we really need to clear up before moving forward.

With that being said skeligandrew and Eaglke I am going to send you both a Teamspeak address for which me and Hetsar use to discuss the mod and skeligandrew I am going to send you my skype as well so that you have me on that in case you should need anything.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Recently I have been working on a Daimler Marienfelde truck, here is WIP to show everyone what I have been working on, it definitely doesn't look so good now but as with all my models once I get the basis down I will refine it and polish it.

BedTestCroped_zps32b36aa5.jpg

I have made many changes to the model sense this picture was taken but it still gives a general idea.

Edited by TankGun

Ah lovely, imagine the trench wars online :D