Sign in to follow this  
Alanthegreat

Mission IDEA

Hay one or meany missions you should have is one pilot and one observer and you a police copter chase a car day and night mission in the City. and then the drive ditches the car and runs you you follow with flare and or light the day you use a camera zoom.

This can be single player have a AI as observer or better make it Multipayer mission. I have meany more where that came from I was a beta Tester for FSX and I wrote for Computer pilot about how to make a mission in FSX it was a 3 part article.

Great idea. There are litterally hundreds of scenarios I could think of. Helicopters are used for so many different things:

Aerial tours and sightseeing

Newsgathering

Search and Rescue

Law Enforcement

Powerline patrol

Wildfire/Brushfire fighting and prescribed burns

Seismic

Construction

Agricultural

Honestly, I hear or read about helicopters being applied to new things about every week. Just in the umbrella categories above, I could create dozens of completely different scenarios for each one that would be both challenging and fun. There really is nothing quite like mastering one of those machines and putting that skill to work.

Edited by nightsta1ker

I'm sure BIS will make some very good scenarios to showcase the game's abilities but if they make the game as accessible to modders and mission makers as they did with the ArmA series, which they surely will, then the number of good quality scenarios available for this game will be huge!

Some gamekeepers use helicopters for hunting or tracking animals that need to be tranquilized.

I'm pretty excited about Take on, there is a lot more you can do with helicopters in the civilian world than military, much of it requires more skill and can be just as dangerous.

Long lining, firefighting, crop dusting, medical, law enforcement, cattle mustering, construction, search and rescue, logging, power line maintenance, flight instruction, news gathering, etc.

No other sims have been able to do this because their game engine isn't detailed enough on the ground. All of this could be done in ArmA2 right now with mods.

Couldn't get embedding to work but imagine doing this stuff ingame with a more challenging/realistic flight model... I think it would be fun:

I have one idea which is more of a dream;) I just had a conversation with my friend about possible improvements in Arma. As I am a Helicopter enthusiast, I came up with this: Could it be possible to make Arma Coop missions flyable with TOH together at the same time? What I mean is- in ArmA players play missions usual way, while people playing TOH fly helicopters assisting troops in Arma. Obviously TOH players wouldn't be able to play anything else than helicopters. This way Arma players get more realism as they get assisted by pilots who fly more close to real life way, and TOH players get a chance to play with more realistic enviroment with ground troops around etc. Just imagine dust off missions with TOH realism and Arma enviroment! At the same time Arma helicopter pilots who don't want to swith to TOH could still fly the usual way, so no one is harmed.

Sam

Could it be possible to make Arma Coop missions flyable with TOH together at the same time?

I'm not a dev but doing something like that would pose more problems than it's ever worth. In a nutshell, TOH would have to be Arma 2 with a modified flight model in order to achieve that.

The devs already hinted that what they achieve in TOH may carry on to current or future games.

I'm not a dev but doing something like that would pose more problems than it's ever worth. In a nutshell, TOH would have to be Arma 2 with a modified flight model in order to achieve that.

The devs already hinted that what they achieve in TOH may carry on to current or future games.

I am not a dev at all, but IF it could be made, then there could be Take On Tanks with same coop- capability. I can imagine it's not going to happen, but I just felt like sharing it anyway.

Sam

I'm pretty excited about Take on, there is a lot more you can do with helicopters in the civilian world than military, much of it requires more skill and can be just as dangerous.

Long lining, firefighting, crop dusting, medical, law enforcement, cattle mustering, construction, search and rescue, logging, power line maintenance, flight instruction, news gathering, etc.

No other sims have been able to do this because their game engine isn't detailed enough on the ground. All of this could be done in ArmA2 right now with mods.

Couldn't get embedding to work but imagine doing this stuff ingame with a more challenging/realistic flight model... I think it would be fun:

Some awesome videos (the heli-torch has been a favorite of mine for a while) and just a hint at the potential missions that could be created for this game.

Hi, I demand a mission JUST LIKE this:

SiAbcw5s9_8

Could be a part of the competitive MP.

Thank you.

:yay:

A smuggling mission might be exciting. I've heard of Canadian smuggler pilots crossing the border and sling loading drugs into the forest of Washington State. A few of them have been caught, its hard to find information about it.

One more idea:

WPgx0pUue64

Shaving people with choopers is a daily task for most pilots, as you know...

Your client overslept and is all but late for the most important meeting of his life. Give him a shave and transport him to LZ Bravo ASAP.

I just cant wait for an ArmA 2 Life mission ported to TOH (Seattle Life maybe???)

Multiplayer opportunity to earn cash: Flight instructor giving flying lessons to other players. :)

Hay one or meany missions you should have is one pilot and one observer and you a police copter chase a car day and night mission in the City. and then the drive ditches the car and runs you you follow with flare and or light the day you use a camera zoom.
Some gamekeepers use helicopters for hunting or tracking animals that need to be tranquilized.

Both of these +1

From gamespot E3 footage it seems they say that they cannot make water dumping function due to some limitation, which is kind of disappointing if thats true...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5fji51v0Po&feature=BFa&list=PL51B6706D16DAFFDD&index=5

It lands in the carrier of the track that runs 100km.

Might not be the highest it if it is possible to fly by AIRWOLF.

That's nothing, Top Gear landed a heli on a moving small car. Not some easy big assed truck. article-1349967-0CE2638B000005DC-944_468x294.jpg

Would be fun to have some stunt missions implemented though. ;)

From gamespot E3 footage it seems they say that they cannot make water dumping function due to some limitation, which is kind of disappointing if thats true...

I wonder if other fire retardants could be used, like dirt or chemicals?

Not sure this is possible to create ingame, but it could be a cool mission type.

Scaling off dangerous rocks in mountain sides above roads:

This is pretty impressive ...

bC2XIGMI2kM

This is pretty impressive ...

bC2XIGMI2kM

When I saw the topic "up" again, went off for this video :p

Very impressive indeed.