hcpookie

1S91 Fire Control Radar

OK, dumb question. Can someone explicitly step-by-step tell me how to integrate this with the SA-6 launchers?

I rename the radar "radar1" like the readme says, but when I try to paste "?!(alive "radar1"):this setCombatMode "BLUE";" in the init field of either the launchers or triggers, I get 'invalid number in expression' errors.

It's been years since I did anything with BIS games, so I'm probably having a massive brain fart...

I usually do it with a trigger. It seems using that exact syntax in the vehicle init field (without a trigger) doesn't work? That's straight out of the wiki so I'm not sure on that. We may have to use setCaptive now.

@ islesfan186 - I can add that faction no problem!

Edited by hcpookie

What it the correct syntax to get this thing to work the one in the readme doesn't work?

I havnt tried it yet but i was thinin more alont the lines of disableai "target" .Then they might not even move/turn the launcher.

Sorry I've been busy with Real Life. I haven't had a chance to test the setCaptive switch yet. If that doesn't work then a trigger to remove all weapons may be possible.

Fortunately I am finishing up Real Life this weekend, so I should be able to do some testing next week.

Update! See first post. The setCaptive does indeed not work. The Biki states that it only applies to the commander of a vehicle, so that must have something to do with the behavior since the vehicle is configured with a driver and a gunner. Not sure.

I did manage to get it to work with the disableAI command! I have included a sample mission with the working trigger.

An example to use it with a SAM battery consisting of "SAM1", "SAM2", and a 1S91 unit named "radar1", the trigger should contain:

Condition: !(alive radar1)

Action: sam1 disableAI "AUTOTARGET"; sam2 disableAI "AUTOTARGET"; sam1 disableAI "TARGET"; sam2 disableAI "TARGET";

This has been able to work and but it does seem to require exiting and restarting the mission to reset the behavior. If you don't, it may not disable properly. Check the sample mission.

v1.3: 11/6/2011

- Addon signed using v2 keys!

- ADDED: Deployable camo nets.

- ADDED: Units for BIS factions TK_GUE, TK_INS, CHDKZ. All default BIS factions are now represented.

- FIXED: Texture Sets for INS/GUE reversed.

- FIXED: Enhanced view distances.

Found an issue. When the vehicle is destroyed, it looks... strange.

bug1s91.th.jpg

You also have some references to your BRDM-2 pack, namely the camonet textures.

DOH! I thought I edited all of those references out :( I can definitely make an update for that.

I think the damage alteration is due to the damagehide animation; I've not altered that at all from the original model. I think I can remove those selections to keep it from collapsing like that.

Xeno thanks for the feedback!

I thought the strange missing parts was due to damageHide at first as well, but none of the damageHide selections share any vertices with the missing parts in the picture. It seems you have selections that are inheriting from damageHide. Track_radar is one such example.

I also notice in the config that you have a skeleton and model named 1s91_aa_Tank, something you want to avoid since this confuses the program.

[EDIT]

Thinking about it, if you didn't remove Track_radar, would it continue spinning after vehicle destruction? If so, you could create a fake "mast" piece (the big dish itself should probably disappear as per damageHide) that only appears when the vehicle is destroyed; a "reverse" damageHide part, if you will.

This was my first port from Arma1 model that was done by someone else, so I left the model.cfg untouched. I can't vouch for the inherited sections; that was just a guess :) I really should go back and clean it up.

For some reason my RAID array went offline last night, so before I can do anything I need to get that back up and running. Looks like one of the disks dropped out of the array. At least I didn't lose my work :)

Ok, I've managed to fix the problem.

fixeddead1s91.th.jpg

Would you like me to send you the edited model.cfg and MLOD?

Thanks so much Xeno! I really appreciate it. I just got home and fixed my RAID box (CMOS was reset) and I'll be glad to package up your edits and give you credit! :)

feel free to send it to my email - I'll PM you

BTW, I love your vehicle fixes addon! :)

hello i need 64N6E acquisition radar addon for arma 2 oa since armaholic site is down and i can't seem to find it anywhere, if anyone have this addon in drive please make sure upload it to jerryhopper site or can upload to any site and post link here i will be very arma2_64n6e_big_bird_addon1.jpggratefull for that

Its in here Archive

I'll leave the archive link available for a day or two so grab it while you can.

Still have loads of sorting to do yet. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

thanks you so much 

anyway why not share it on armedassault site and jerryhopper site for backup incase of suspension site?

Edited by RobinhoOdX

7 hours ago, RobinhoOdX said:

anyway why not share it on armedassault site and jerryhopper site for backup incase of suspension site?

Don't you think it's because he hosts the files where he is most comfortable or where he likes?
do you think jerry is going to keep the files forever?

It's exactly the same, it doesn't matter where he decides to upload the files, the important thing is that he shared it, and we have to thank him for that, that he continues uploading the files wherever he wants, when and how he can and wherever he likes.

PS: you can't upload anything to armedassault, Jerry just keeps it hosted, you can't upload any file to bididentify, you only upload what Jerry was able to rescue from the site structure, example Xgun Mod, the file name to download is xgun1.0.rar if you have the same mod but with a different name eg: xgun_1.0.rar that file is not uploaded, because that is what the bididentify client does, it looks for the exact names of the files, if it finds them it uploads them.

Sorry for the offtopic...

• Like 1

@WGP

I use the link on the other site, so doesn't really affect me. But always the same kind of reaction here in this community, just sad. 😞

Thanks for hosting the archive wgp, at least it will always be available, if not here, over the other side.

That's a rather random nonsequitor post for a decade-old (!!!) topic.  The 64N6E was donated to me from the original author for use in A3.  I don't support any A2 mods nor host any of that content.  Admins, please lock this thread.

2 hours ago, hcpookie said:

That's a rather random nonsequitor post for a decade-old (!!!) topic.  The 64N6E was donated to me from the original author for use in A3.  I don't support any A2 mods nor host any of that content.  Admins, please lock this thread.

Closing per request