Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.9 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Some peeps are reporting odd config error at startup - unable to start the game.

Could those experiencing the issue please provide details @ http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18980

Especially if you experienced the issue and have solved it :)

Thanks!

Also for those with issues with ACE and OA Standalone, please check: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18972

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks xeno but when i go on an A10 or apache i have the old radar for the apache and nothing for the A10 maybe i don't really understand the changelog ?

Radar warning system from Reezo [Xeno]

So can you help me ? it can be my size for the interface ?

Thanks xeno but when i go on an A10 or apache i have the old radar for the apache and nothing for the A10 maybe i don't really understand the changelog ?

Radar warning system from Reezo [Xeno]

So can you help me ? it can be my size for the interface ?

Try a different screen-size and find out.

To test the system, take a plane into the Air and get locked on / fired at by other vehicles with missiles etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radar_warning_receiver

i make some test and doesn't work

resolution : 1680 x 1050 x32

3d resolution : 2100 x 1310

My vehicule : A10 - GBU

Enemy AA : Taki ZU-23

i have a screenshoot if you want and i can open a ticket

Thanks ;)

Yes ticket, with screenshots, RPT and repro mission welcome.

Hi,

is it possible to run ace without the updater, im having trouble getting the updater to actually run on my XP machine without crashing.. when i copy the mod folders, or even try and run ace on my main machine using a shortcut (-as in not using the updater)

both versions gives a missing XEH extended event handlers not found error..

I imagine this stuff might be answered somewhere but on searching about i couldnt even see reference to anyone else having this problem..

..im surprised though as im sure i did everything the same as i did installing the last version, and that worked with and without the six updater.

I use Addon Sync instead. I find it way easier but the clan I play with uses Six Updater and they say its way better so im thinking about switching to that.

I noticed incendiary rounds coming out of a DShKm mounted on a NAPA pickup. Would guerillas have access to ammunition like that, or is incendiary armor-piercing standard issue for this weapon type?

I have the Steam version of Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead bought as Combined Operations. I have installed Ace and SixUpdater. When I launch Arma2 I get the message 'Addon Extended Event Handlers' requires addon CA_PMC.' Any ideas please?

I have the Steam version of Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead bought as Combined Operations. I have installed Ace and SixUpdater. When I launch Arma2 I get the message 'Addon Extended Event Handlers' requires addon CA_PMC.' Any ideas please?

Make sure your game is patched: OA 1.59, A2 1.09, then retry. Make sure CA_PMC.pbo isn't missing from your official installation.

If still issues, check your startup parameters. Could be wrong start-in, or otherwise.

Also double check http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+FAQ#Detect%20seperate%20Combined%20Ops%20installation

Edited by Sickboy

I have downloaded all of the required ACE files (ACE, CBA, CBA_OA) and ran the updates etc in SixUpdater so all of the files are green.

I start up the game from SixUpdater, and go to the ACE Demo in the Scenarios bit, but when it loads up I'm just standing there with a box in front of me.

It says to check my diary but when I press J the bar at the top is completely blank.

Have I done something wrong/missing something?

Thanks.

I have downloaded all of the required ACE files (ACE, CBA, CBA_OA) and ran the updates etc in SixUpdater so all of the files are green.

I start up the game from SixUpdater, and go to the ACE Demo in the Scenarios bit, but when it loads up I'm just standing there with a box in front of me.

It says to check my diary but when I press J the bar at the top is completely blank.

Have I done something wrong/missing something?

Thanks.

Nope, that's just what the mission is currently.

You can enjoy ACE either with official or custom missions and campaigns, single and multiplayer.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Missions

For testing things out, the SP and MP Armory included with the original game should be useful.

There are missions included you can use if you start Multiplayer, host game, or join an ACE server out there;

http://updater.dev-heaven.net/mods/nested/a546d346-a754-11de-b50f-0021855d3b6d

Edited by Sickboy

What was in the hotfix?

Check the changelogs in the Directories.

ACE2 changelog:

h2. 2011-04-18 18:33:28 +0200

Build 480

Updated to source:@00ea73fe0f4776ee16d6c5359322511882beba00

h3. Changed

* Bandages do not fully stop bleeding, but reduce bloodloss, resulting in more bandages needed to apply to fully stop a bleeding (alternative use the large bandages for more effect) [rocko]

* Configured AI engagement ranges and fire mode selection (small arms only) [Robalo]

* ReEnabled Crosshairs for FFAR / AH6 [sickboy]

* WP effects on players [rocko]

h3. Fixed

* Disposal sys A2 Standalone dependency [sickboy]

h3. Added

* Large bandages available in medical gear. They are more effective than bandages, refs #15931, refs #15880, refs #7995 [rocko]

The rest you can check out.

Make sure your game is patched: OA 1.59, A2 1.09, then retry. Make sure CA_PMC.pbo isn't missing from your official installation.

If still issues, check your startup parameters. Could be wrong start-in, or otherwise.

Also double check http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+FAQ#Detect%20seperate%20Combined%20Ops%20installation

Thanks for that. I found I had to update using Steam - Combined Operations and also do some more research on Six Updater and use the CO option on Spirited Machine's Arma2 Launcher. Then everything worked. I hadn't realized how much Steam would complicate things and will bear this in mind in the future. Anyway congratulations on your services to the Arma2 community. You have made a massive difference and yet are not too high and mighty to engage with less technical people like myself! Thanks a million.

Thanks for that. I found I had to update using Steam - Combined Operations and also do some more research on Six Updater and use the CO option on Spirited Machine's Arma2 Launcher. Then everything worked. I hadn't realized how much Steam would complicate things and will bear this in mind in the future. Anyway congratulations on your services to the Arma2 community. You have made a massive difference and yet are not too high and mighty to engage with less technical people like myself! Thanks a million.

+1,000,000

A true champion of the people! SB if I get you a fake US birth certificate will you run for President?

+1,000,000

SB if I get you a fake US birth certificate will you run for President?

Man - saying things like that on a public forum is a sure fire way of getting yourself a knock on the door in the early hours ;-)

Would you get me one too? Save me queing for hours in immigration when I visit the states!

Man - saying things like that on a public forum is a sure fire way of getting yourself a knock on the door in the early hours ;-)

Would you get me one too? Save me queing for hours in immigration when I visit the states!

:D:D haha

How I must do to get Work empty shells feature? Inst working on the User config files...

How I must do to get Work empty shells feature? Inst working on the User config files...

It's in the in-game ACE2 settings. Hit esc when playing.

It's not in the userconfig anymore.

It's in the in-game ACE2 settings. Hit esc when playing.

It's not in the userconfig anymore.

Yes in other version I have in game settings, this one dont have nothing in Esc :(

I can't find this anywhere, how do I use the AGMs (And the like.) on helicopters?

Tab doesn't work to lock on, I also can't get my AI gunner to fire them, I have to enable fire control.