Sign in to follow this  
Hanzu

Email when new beta patch or full patch is released

Would you like to get an email to tell you when new beta or full patch is released?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to get an email to tell you when new beta or full patch is released?

Any chance of making it possible to get automatic email by some sort of email list when new beta patch or full patch is released.

Looks like beta patches and this subforum are pretty popular and there must be a lot of people who spend some time checking beta-patch directory or this forum for if there is a new beta out. So why not save us users from the trouble of checking. The developers would also get faster feedback from beta testers without hours or days of delays before users notice that there is a new beta.

Anyone else checking daily or sometimes multiple times per day if there is new beta? By stopping that might save also some bandwith from the server this forum is running on.

Anyone see any disadvantages on having email function for that? (Beta downloads slowing down, because of everyone downloading simultaneously or something like that).

Edited by Hanzu

Every time you make a redundant thread, Placebo kills a kitten.

Searching the beta forum for "email notification" would have yielded the appropriate result and prevented this from happening.

Search more. Post less. Save kittens.

Why not using the email notifier by Yapab?!

Obviously I have missed it. Information in these forums is not always found where you would expect to find it or with search words you assume you find something.

Thanks for providing me that it exists, but will this email notifier also email when ever there is full release patch out?

Seems like I cannot edit and remove my poll, so I just have to leave it there as it is.

BTW. BIS beta patch download is limited to 200kb/s yes, but feels kind of funny to have automatically mirrored server all the way in Australia when BIS and I are both located in Europe, well I guess it does matter where it is when it is faster.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Searching the beta forum for "email notification" would have yielded the appropriate result and prevented this from happening.

Search more. Post less. Save kittens.

I use search a lot and help people out daily in OFFICIAL MISSION sub forum where a lot of people who do not use search and ask same questions again and again.

Please understand that we non native english speakers have different words we know and the word "notification" is not one of those words I would even remember to exist.

I would also want to transfer some responsinbility on moderators. If there is a post about "email notification" isn't that more important than post called "exThreads" which has much less to do with beta patces and is still currently marked sticky? I would have certainly see this "email notification" post if it would have been stickied, which it in my opinion would deserve.

Also 3 days ago there was a post here about "ARMA 2 OA patch 1.57 textures look bland on PMC, BAF. Why? which has absolutely nothing to do with beta patches. It was answered by a moderator and later it was also locked which is good, but why was it not moved away from this sub forum since it do not belong here. Ironically that poster still got better response than I got, even though he violated two things: posting to wrong forum and not using search. Nobody even told him he posted wrong sub forum.

So my point here is that not everyone (including sometimes moderators too) act in a way that most of us can say it is best way and in this case your reply about telling me that I should have used search with right keywords (which were unknown to me) is as useless as my post, since I already noticed from the first reply I should have tried harder to find out if this email thing already exists, but even though if I would have seen that post, because of the forum rules, I cannot provide feedback to the original thread because it is more than 4 months old. So I would still have to post to ask if it will email you when ever there is full release patch out?

Moderators please consider marking above mentioned "email notification" thread as sticky. This sub forum above all has space for sticky posts, when nobody is intrested in old beta threads hanging on the front page.

Edited by Hanzu

cute_kitten.p.jpg

- Think of the kittens :butbut:

:) bye kitties