Sign in to follow this  
hungrytoheal

We all love a bit of Duke!

Yeah, Shadow warrior would be cool too. "Row row row your boat gently down the stream"

Man I'm looking forward to this! I love it how at the start the ESRB ratings normally have say "violence" and "swearing" listed as being in the game, have you seen the list on this?

Typical Duke :)

Thanks god he has no bubblegum!

Hate to be a boring bastard, but try watching a Crysis 2 trailer and then the Duke one.

Makes DNF look like a game from 2004.

Whole development and marketing process reminds me more than anything of this:

daikatanaad.jpg

Now, make a decent Evil Dead 3 game and I'll be all over it.

I'd rather play DNF with graphics from 2004 than Crysis 2 (=boring, you got that right).

I bet, you'll all be disappointed because you're putting so extremly high expectations into that game...:rolleyes:

Hate to be a boring bastard, but try watching a Crysis 2 trailer and then the Duke one.

Makes DNF look like a game from 2004.

Graphics alone do not a great game make I'm afraid.

Yeah, when I watched the trailer, I was initially a bit disappointed (after thinking it might be a fanfic thing).

But, by the end, I recognized some of the funnest gameplay I've ever had in a video game. :) I mean, at it's core Duke Nukem was just FUN. If they've kept that fun-ocity, the rest is more or less irrelevant.

yeah, it had this kind of seedy atmosphere to it (at least in teh early levels) and had a lot of epic things going on- like you had to implode a whole building to get past a certain part. It also had a lot of goofy, fun things in it like a shrink ray and a freeze ray- even the rocket pack was a really fun addition. Kicking with both legs at once was pretty funny too. It had a lot of a nice touches. I liked that it didn't take itself seriously.

Lol i remember duke nukem, man that really is a game from the past, every one of my mates had it and i can always remember the very start of the game, on the roof of a building, jumping down to street level and mashing stuff up. Who cares if the graphics aren't top notch, it really doesn't matter, you can play solitaire for hours and still enjoy it.

Lol i remember duke nukem, man that really is a game from the past, every one of my mates had it and i can always remember the very start of the game, on the roof of a building, jumping down to street level and mashing stuff up. Who cares if the graphics aren't top notch, it really doesn't matter, you can play solitaire for hours and still enjoy it.

Duke Nuke was the last of the great 2D sprite FPS games :) After that, came Quake and everything changed again.

Incidentally, you can get the complete Duke 3D game for the iPhone.

I can still remember where the first strip club was.

My missus used to enjoy shooting the strippers to get the pig cops to turn up - it was one of her favourite games. That said, she also knew what typing in a few certain letters including "dipstick" enabled you to do. :D

Blargh, got my games mixed up - that was Rise of the Triad, another truly hilarious game.

Long story short, she enjoyed cheating in Duke Nukem 3D. :)

Blargh, got my games mixed up - that was Rise of the Triad, another truly hilarious game.

Long story short, she enjoyed cheating in Duke Nukem 3D. :)

Lol. I read "dipstick" and my first thought was Rise of the Triad. It was at least 6-7 years that i saw it on my PC. Those games are burned in my head forever.

Hope the Duke will have a honourable comeback.

just to put another finer point on the graphics junkies out there, some classic games never die.

Duke nukem

Rise of the triad

Destruction Derby 1

Carmageddon

doom 1 + 2

Frontier elite 2

Full throttle

Armorgeddon

And many more i cant be bothered to write, but all have a very big nostalga trip when playing them. You do say "damn these graphics are rubbish and i thought they were awesome." But the thing is, you will still kill hours playing them anyway

Of course. I played DN3D just the other day. But it's a shame that a 2011 game comes out with 2003 graphics. :(

its more like "finishing up what they have started 12 fuckin years ago that should had finished at 2003 but not" for me and that I think is ok for me ;)

Of course. I played DN3D just the other day. But it's a shame that a 2011 game comes out with 2003 graphics. :(

That just means there is more space on the disc for things that are more worthwhile.

More gameplay wouldn't be a bad trade for lesser graphics. Besides, in pictures and video's we're looking at the graphics sure but the vast majority of the time it's nothing more than an "Ooh" factor and shortlived at that.

If you want a recent example look at minecraft, graphic wise by default it's old school yet over 1.2 million have bought it for it's gameplay.

Edited by NodUnit

Agreed, hence I still play DN3D. That doesn't change the fact that the grahics are dissappointing in this game.

the reviews have come out and so far... its pretty bad :(

IGN review

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1175639p1.html

other reveiws

http://blastmagazine.com/the-magazine/gaming/reviews/duke-nukem-forever-review-retro-crass-and-dissapointing/

http://n4g.com/news/784618/d-pad-magazine-duke-nukem-forever-review

the complete game is as bland as the demo. i was really hoping the gameplay would be like what the 2001 trailer had envisioned only with slightly better graphics.

Edited by Red Oct

It's f**king awful - what a train wreck :(

I hope these fools don't mess up the Aliens game (judging by the comments from E3, it is still on the right track thankfully).

The games looks fun IMO. Haven't played it myself yet but to me it seems that if you treat it like a silly Duke game, you won't be disappointed.