Sign in to follow this  
BigToe

Flying on a 27 inch screen

I have found that playing on a 27" screen brings a new aspect to the game that is just not there when using a smaller screen like my old 22". The depth of the game is almost 3D. BIS really did a great job with the graphics of this game, that you truly cant see untill you open it up. I have to go back to boot camp and practice flying again because the view changed everything. I highly recommend a larger screen that is fast enough to play games on.

Soul Assassin;1842846']Bigger is better' date=' that applies to monitors as well.[/quote']

Looks quite nice on a 50" plasma as well.

Is this a "i've got the biggest one" contest ?

If it wasn't for the pic size limit I would start things off:p

Its a 50" by the way and my TV is pretty big too;)

Looks awesome on a 55" LED TV too. :cool:

I bet it looks a lot better on that... the plasma only has 1920 x 1080, so it really doesn't look much better than my monitor. I actually found it hard to play Arma on something that big so I'm back to my 22" for now. But for flight sims it was nice.

I was just being a smart ass anyways... :)

Looks awesome on a 55" LED TV too. :cool:

Do you know how jealous I am right now?

Shame on you :p

My normal one that I always use is this 37" LCD TV, which still looks pretty awesome, but we got it for free when we bought our LED TV so I figured I should try it on the big screen at least once. :p

I would never use it for long periods of time, though. Especially for gaming. It can be a bit hard on the eyes.

Is this a "i've got the biggest one" contest ?

Yes but they are talking about something else. Otherwise they would knew it's the resolution that matters, not the screen size.

Edited by Faguss

Well, even if the resolution on the LED TV only went up to 1920x1080, the image quality was incredibly crisp and the colors were absolutely perfect. This is the TV, if anyone is at all interested.

Using my TrackIR in conjunction with it was also pretty damn cool, heh.

Well, even if the resolution on the LED TV only went up to 1920x1080, the image quality was incredibly crisp and the colors were absolutely perfect. This is the TV, if anyone is at all interested.

Using my TrackIR in conjunction with it was also pretty damn cool, heh.

Oh this LED. My Uncle has one of them, the colors and contrast and all that are truely amazing on that one

Looks awesome on a 55" LED TV too.

Looks even better in real life; the real ultimate military simulator. :p

Edited by Laqueesha

This is somthing new for me I never had a good enough computer to play anything with good graphics. The last computer I had was still an agp card and a pentium 4. I never tried to play on a lcd tv, My wife is going to kill me if I move our tv to my computer.

I've tried ArmA 2/OA on a 24", 27"(Currently using), and a 40" LED HDTV, and it really 'feels' best on the 27", not too big, not too small. I love it.

Is that proper LED or the cheapo sidelit not true LED mc thing....

It's edge lit LED I believe, yes. Not necessarily "cheapo" though.

It's mostly about the resolution for me. I don't really find playing games on my HDTV all that immersive despite the size tbh. A 2560x1600 30" IPS monitor on the other hand is something else.

this thread is just to let know other people that youre rich and you have a big monitor...

my 20' is just fine, and I have another of 32´ that I can NOT use for gaming because its TOO big that I have to turn my head to watch the corners

this thread is just to let know other people that youre rich and you have a big monitor...

My 50" plasma thinks you're just jealous. :D

But yeah, the thread has kind of been derailed. I for one am still waiting on those pics. The OP has an awesome rig, so I would really like to see some high res pics taken from. Especially with the visual improvements from the latest beta patch.

Am I the op? I don’t know how to take pics yet when I get back in town I will try, by then I will have crossfire set up! Hope it works

Am I the op? I don’t know how to take pics yet when I get back in town I will try, by then I will have crossfire set up! Hope it works

Yup, you're the OP (original poster, aka thread starter). :)

For taking screenshots I would recommend FRAPS. The free version only saves images as .BMP, but there are easy ways to convert them into a compressed format like JPEG.

my 20' is just fine, and I have another of 32´ that I can NOT use for gaming because its TOO big that I have to turn my head to watch the corners

I hope this isn't coming across that way I was just very impressed with the eye candy, monitors aren't that expensive anymore. But if it makes you happy to know, I make a fair amount of money working on the road.:bounce3:

Edited by BigToe

I make a fair amount of money working on the road.:bounce3:

well, get a Dell 30", you will be pleased@2560x1600