Sign in to follow this  
Reezo

SR5 Tactical IED Detection and Remote Det Script

Note using the James script (I know you dont want to focus too much on it):

When you kill the triggerman. Disable the IED (pick it up), the IED Detector goes nuts. It's still detecting it in your inventory I'm assuing.

Note using the James script (I know you dont want to focus too much on it):

When you kill the triggerman. Disable the IED (pick it up), the IED Detector goes nuts. It's still detecting it in your inventory I'm assuing.

Did you disable it using BIS disarm bomb action (default for engineers)?

I've created a small demonstrative mission for James' script and mine working together.

Sixth Sense - Download

Briefing:

At 0930HRS today we received reports of increased civilian uprest in Khushab. When we arrived in proximity of the village we were notified of the presence of two Improvised Explosive Devices. We do not know if this is a trap or some kind of demonstrative action by the Takibans against the population (some of the village elders have started collaborating with us in the last few weeks). Whatever it is, get in the village, neutralize the IEDs and get back to your vehicle.

Requirements: none

Yes, thats how I was able to pick it up.

This is the problem. With ACE, the EOD typical "disarm bomb" gets disabled and you can't use it. This makes the defusal action the only thing you can do. When you defuse via my script, it works correctly.

With BIS action, however, the item could still be in the array (because you have it on you) and makes the scanner go crazy.

I should .. probably find either a workaround, like:

IF the item is still in the array of detectable IEDs and it is also in your inventory = remove it from the array.

or .. make "normal IEDs" from BIS NOT get affected by my script..

Edited by Reezo

Damn, I don't use ACE. I do have combined ops but I make my missions with OA only (No addons required). Makes it easier for everyone. Are you planning on converting this script completley to ACE & Combined Ops or just the demonstration?

EDIT: Or are you just showing problems with the script and ACE:confused:

EDIT2: Wait, does this script already require Combined Ops?

Edited by Guest

This script does not require ANYTHING

You can use it in any installation.

The example mission I posted requires ACE, NOT the script.

There is no need to convert the script to non-ACE, but I will make sure the default "BIS" action for bomb and mines defusing does not interfere with the scanner functionality.

I made the non-ACE version of the sixth sense and it seems to work fine :)

I made the non-ACE version of the sixth sense and it seems to work fine :)

Awesome news! Thanks if you want we can post it here or I can edit my previous post so people find both versions for download and test..

Wait until next version, I'll update VTS and share it.

Any news on this Kremator?

Thanks to Kremator we have a NON-ACE Sixth Sense mission - this means the mission will work on ACE and NON-ACE systems.

Again, the details:

Sixth Sense - Download

Briefing:

At 0930HRS today we received reports of increased civilian uprest in Khushab. When we arrived in proximity of the village we were notified of the presence of two Improvised Explosive Devices. We do not know if this is a trap or some kind of demonstrative action by the Takibans against the population (some of the village elders have started collaborating with us in the last few weeks). Whatever it is, get in the village, neutralize the IEDs and get back to your vehicle.

Requirements: none

Edited by Reezo

When I try to download, I get: Sorry! We could not find 5agz8dbhblog:confused:

When I try to download, I get: Sorry! We could not find 5agz8dbhblog:confused:

Sorry, should work now.

Love the RC3... I think it is awesome that you stay with it!

***EDIT***

Scratch that. I started from scratch again, and made it work step by step from the takistan demo mission...

I noticed one thing though. When the triggerman detonates the IED the detector goes balistic, like described above.

I poked the scripts and realized that this

Reezo_IED_detector_objects = Reezo_IED_detector_objects - [_IED];

publicVariable "Reezo_IED_detector_objects";

was missing in the edited version of James' script. When I put that in there, it all worked like a charm.

Just thought I would let you know.

***EDIT**

Also, when I allow fake returns, I get more than I bargained for, and some of them are displayed way further out than my scan limit. I know it has been brought up, but it seems like it is still an issue.

Edited by Nielsen
Problem solved, new info.

Yeah, I want to say the false returns is because of the scanning interval. I set mine to 5, to 1, etc etc and I constantly get fake IEDs.

It's as if the fake probability % is based on the scan interval # (which makes sense if it is).

So, if you have a scan interval at 1 second, and the 01 as 1%, then it'll be popping up a lot. So, Albert, my question to you if I set the Fake probability to 005, will it translate it into .5%?

I'm pretty sure the fake chance is the percentage chance of a fake return on each scan.

What I meant was, that I still seemed to be getting to many fake returns, and that some of them was way further from my player than my scan radius would allow.

Agreed with what you said, there is a fake scan chance every time you start a scan, which means an interval of 5 is more likely to give you false alarms than an interval of 50.

I haven't taken of fixing the fake IEDs part of the script so for now just put a 00 on it.

I was wondering if we wanted to keep the fake IED reports or just delete them from the script..

Anyway yes, Nielsen that part was missing from James' script but should have been there :) feel free to repost the mission and I'll update the download link so people get a working version ;)

Oh I love the Fake IED, don't remove it.

And you may have missed my question: if I set the fake IED chance to 001, will that be 01%? Will your script detect 3#'s or is it limited to 2#'s?

Is there a way to only have the selected units see the device? All units playing seem to detect IEDs.

Is there a way to only have the selected units see the device? All units playing seem to detect IEDs.

I was about to ask that same question after 3 hours of testing.

Albert when you give the detector to 1 player, an engineer for example, every player gets it as well.

Hi everyone,

sorry I haven't been as active as I was before but this flu is still making me stay far away from the computer and when I do come close to it I have to migrate a full a server to a new one in another datacenter and it is being a total SQL, Apache and other stuff madness.

Anyway:

1) The ratio will keep only a 1 to 100 value, so 001 equals 1 (for the moment)

2) The map marker is globally put in the map for everyone to see..I can change that to CreateMarkerLocal which should do what you want: create a local marker for just the detector unit (much more useful in PvP or TvT situations, true).

3) I was not aware that EVERY unit can scan..I don't think this should happen..you mean every unit gets the dialog? or gets the Marker? I think the marker should be for now the only fault..once made local no dialogs, markers, sounds etc..should be played on units other than the detector.

Thanks for the reports! *cough*damnflu*cough*

Reezo "RedCheeks" over and out :)

Welcome back Reez, hope your feeling better.

So, if in the detector init if I place , 001]; as the fake IED detection probabiltity that will be 1%?

Is it possible to make the map marker optional for the player only? Like a value in the script that if it's set to false it only displays for the detector unit, if it's set to true it will be global?

And lastly, yes, when I placed a unit in my mission and gave him the detector script, all the other players who did not have the detector script had the detector popping up for them.

Yeah good work, and get well soon. Hope to see an update when youre back on your feet.

Thanks guys! I am working hard to get back on track and as soon as I'm done with my job (have some nasty databases to move that give me the creeps eheh) I'll release RC4.

1) I think for now I will make the Marker local, it is up to the detector to eventually post an additional marker for everyone to see, depending on the radio channel (usual ArmA stuff) [DONE]

2) 0001 = 001 = 01 = 1% for the moment

3) Weird that the dialog pops up for everyone, I guess I made some kind of mistake being for me the first time I work on dialogs and screens in A2 :) is there any kind of "dialogLocal" command? Because otherwise, this means the script contaning the dialog is being executed by ALL the clients..big problem..it shouldn't be like that. [i really need help from someone who is more expert than me in making dialogs..why does this open for everyone?]

thanks for any more feedback, I'll look into these three for RC4.

UPDATE: Ok the dialog being displayed by all the units is actually my first concern right now, this is what stands between you and RC4, plain and simple:

I suspect the reason why the dialog appears for more than just the detector lies in the fact that the script containing the command "createDialog" is run by more than just the detector unit.

This, however, puzzles me: the _detector.sqf script must be run from inside a unit's INIT field, so I thought it would be run by that unit only. Actually, this is probably false..the fact that it is run at the unit initialization does not mean the script is going to be run by the detector unit exclusively.

If this is the case, putting some restrictions should work, at the beginning of the IEDdetect.sqf.

If you have any kind of suggestion, light fuse and throw away, in my direction :)

Edited by Reezo

albertors,

I am having this issue with your script, in that I am crashing to Desktop.

1-29-20119-14-26AM.png

I can normally sort these I guess its a clash with some of Bon_Infs scripts which use a dialog as well.

Anyone got round this at all ?