Sign in to follow this  
Reezo

SR5 Tactical IED Detection and Remote Det Script

Thanks man, I've been watching so many of those videos I almost fainted, couldn't get my hands on the right sample. You're in the credits ;)

Yeah its not nice watching those type of video's when you know what the eventual outcome is.... persevere though!!! I loved the ALAHU AKBAR music though.... almost bollywood-esque lol

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

I haven't been following as closely as I used too with this scripting Albertors, my apologies - RL stepped in but congrats on the recent release!

Moreover, I have the basic model for the actual item down. I'll be touching base with you later about it.

Also, there seems to still be an issue with the script being attached to an empty vehicle. I turn the vehicle into a detector unit, and I get in it, drive to where I KNOW I placed the IED object (Skoda + attach script), and the Nomad tool never pops up telling me there's an IED in front of me. However, when I get out, walk around a little bit, it does. As a note, my player did not have a detector script assigned to him.

If you can make the script work for all occupants inside of a vehicle, when they're in the vehicle (and ONLY in there; if they get out it stops), you'd be saving a lot of virtual Marines (in my case).

Edited by SpectreRSG

Thanks Spectre! For the moment I haven't made the script work with a vehicle as DETECTOR. Only actual players or AI units can be detectors.

This will solve itself automatically when we have a model that can be put in the inventory..

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 AM ----------

Impressive result:

j7Txz8L7h64

;1873387']wow now that was immersive' date=' impressive results with that sound too :)[/quote']

Absolutely, it left me dazzled and I was the one recording it.

Since this script does not alter the AI behavior in the editor (waypoints, actions etc.) it can easily become impossible to understand who the triggerman is..I myself did not expect him to be there, standing still and such. The time window for taking him down is just right..I tried and neutralize him but I did not manage to do it in time..I think I even missed him by a couple inches, but that was a total, realistic WTF..and sadly it is as real as it gets.

If I had my weapon on him my character would still be alive but I had to cover other sectors and I did not think he posed a thread..

All we need now is a script like James' that randomly puts IED men (and suicide bombers) into the game without having to place them in the mission.sqm

It could be done creating triggers centered in all city centers and expanding for a moderate radius.

The trigger checks for player proximity and for civilians present, this way it has to follow ALICE and SILVIE and gets powered by their optimization routines (=no useless AI when players are far).

The script runs let's say once per trigger, randomly chooses if the bomb is going to be the actual triggerman or a vehicle in town and then exits or maybe awaits for a reset..e.g. 15 minutes (in order not to get some sort of World of Warcraft farming of suicide bombers lol)

James script has the options of using buildings and covers but the triggerman script is way lighter and does not change the AI behavior until the very last offensive action of detonating the bomb. This means that, when applied to civilians from ALICE, the result is so realistic you will need to play some CoD campaign after that to get your sugar levels back.

Edit: This thing is fantastic, what we are planning :)

Edited by Reezo

So you are doing something along those lines then mate? Well if you need a beta tester, you know I'm keen to help :)

You could have it that the more civs you kill needlessly the more suicide bombers/IEDs that get placed - hows that for an idea?

No doubt. I could easily use that in the ACE2 SP campaign I got out. I need to make more missions and was planning on using this script in one of the next missions anyways. I like the idea albertors described above. Would fit my campaign perfect.

Yeah you can say I am now going to full ALICE and SILVIE compatibility for the triggerman script from this suite.

As usual, I love to track the ideas in a coherent flux.

This is what I have now:

- you place a trigger on a town, that trigger is going to limit the triggerman presence to that particular area

- store how many civilians are in the area (to allow user-placed units)

- same for civilian vehicles

- has the civilian number raised? If so, ALICE has triggered so continue, otherwise wait

- same as above but for civ. vehicles

- roll a dice and decide if a triggerman will be here (% via user variable)

- if positive, pick a random civilian and turn it into a triggerman

- randomly decide what kind of bomb he will trigger, attach the Explosive to it

- explosive becomes detectable by Nomads

- scripts exits or awaits fixed time like 15 minutes, or maybe check the existence of triggerman and bomb, too

If the bomb is neutralized or triggered, the triggerman will randomly behave:

- do nothing, fake being a normal civilian

- surrender

- extract weapon and fight

- flee

- extract weapon and flee

That's the sketch. RC7 is going to have that ;)

For the moment all it will require is going to be a trigger in the editor. copy-paste to al potential triggerman areas.

Thanks Kremator and Manzilla for the motivation! I can finally contribute to the great missions you have created and I had fun playing! Awesome!

I'm thinking that something like RC7 would be great to tack onto ANY mission that can take ALICE and SILVIE :)

In fact you would probably want some civ vehicles to be triggered as car bombs too (as they drive them into a roadblock :) REALLY give BLUFOR something to think about !

Yes, with the sad reality that IEDs are becoming a bigger concern than the actual Taliban infantry insurgents it is practically mandatory for ArmA to simulate this as well.

It is great to have the chance of molding these new additions :)

Well if there is anything you need (testing or hosting on a dedi) then just ask..... I'm sure there will be other ideas that crop up as time goes on :)

Is it possible to have random placement of the I.E.D (C.4) on the vehicle... as its simple trying to find it as it's always on the roof of the car...

Have you seen EMERY's Car Bomb?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10029&highlight=IED+OBJECTS

Check the second picture in the link (its the car with the boot full of rpg's)... I know its an addon but it would work great with the script...

Emery has stopped working on these and has stated he would like someone to carry on his work.. just a thought :)

I'd be happy to beta test aswell, but I guess you wont need any as you have your clan as tester's ;)

Thanks guys, your support is appreciated. I can do the tests myself but if I need anything I'll ask, politely ;)

Adding objects and incorporating other mods is a good idea, but I will get into that once and if this script becomes an actual mod (or has a mod version, too).

The first step in making it a mod is to make the Nomad tool as part of the inventory. If you have it then you'll be able to scan, otherwise you won't.

But I should get going because I am going to release RC7 :)

All we need now is a script like James' that randomly puts IED men (and suicide bombers) into the game without having to place them in the mission.sqm

QFT. That and the vehicle detectors.... ;)

V1.5RC7 Released!

4e) You can also create a trigger and let a script randomly decide to pick up a unit of a certain type and turn into a triggerman. To do so, create a trigger on, let's say, a town. Make it as large as you want to cover the entire town or just parts of it. Choose the side to activate it, let's say, CIVILIAN, and make it PRESENT.

In the "On activation" field, type:

nul0 = [thislist,50,"car",0,60,30,25,WEST] execVM "scripts\IEDdetect\IEDdetect_triggerman_spawn.sqf";

Where:

thislist - is the list activating the trigger, in the example above the script will launch when the trigger activates, meaning there is at least 1 civilian in the trigger are

50 - is the % of having a triggerman, if you use 100 there will definitely be a triggerman

"car" - is the object type that a triggerman might use for attaching a bomb. There is always a 50% chance that the triggerman will be a suicide bomber though.

0 - is the beeping (0=no beep, 1=beep, 2=random)

60 - is the area to scan for suitable objects (e.g. "car") and attach the bomb to one of those, randomly.

30 - is the area to scan for hostiles that can instill fear in the triggerman (read above for how fear works).

25 - is the area to scan for possible victims that will make the triggerman touch the bomb off.

WEST - is the side to consider enemy of the triggerman

Changelog:

V1.5RC7:

- ADDED: If a triggerman is still alive after a detonation or defusal, behaviour will be random between fleeing, fighting or surrendering

- ADDED: Triggerman_Spawn script. Usable with a trigger, this script works with ALICE and SILVIE. The script will randomly make a civilian a triggerman and will randomly pick if the explosive is the triggerman himself or a civilian vehicle in town

And here is the new version of Sixth Sense featuring the ALICE-SILVIE compatible spawn script:

Edited by Reezo

Hi Wolffy! Nice to see you here, thanks for dropping by!

In this script suite you will find a tweaked version of James' Advanced IED script. It is not required to work with the suite but you can use it, if you want, with it. Just make sure you use the tweaked version and not the original, otherwise it won't be compatible.

The weaker version allows:

- IEDs placed by the AI to be detected by Nomads (aka detector units)

- Triggermen to animate and sound like a triggerman lol

I will probably tweak it a little more after the last release but it has been working nicely, so far.

James' script features the use of buildings and such but forces the AI into a specific behavior. The triggerman script is way lighter and maintains the AI to do whatever you have assigned it to do in the editor (waypoints, actions etc.). On the other hand it does not feature a specific behavior.

I wrote the triggerman script because I was looking for something totally transparent with the AI programmer behavior. In other scripts I managed to discover the bombers by isn't some common gamer-sense. With the triggerman script you cannot use any 'video game' eye to the situation, meaning you cannot use your gaming experience to exploit revealing a triggerman. This is as realistic as it gets.

@Kremator: Roger that, if you want a smoke fire mission to let you disengage from work ehe send the coords lol

LOL mate .... I'm a secondary school teacher so I have a duty to the kids I teach :)

Thanks for the offer though !

Can't wait to try the new version out when I get home however!