Sign in to follow this  
Reezo

SR5 Tactical IED Detection and Remote Det Script

Reezo ... you are a GENIUS !

I've almost shat my pants on a few occasions now ... and that's just playing the bloody demo !

I'm on my 10th run through it now .... and have noticed that the triggerman SOMETIMES moves back and forwards (which is GOOD as it gives you SOME clue!) while I'm aiming at him.

I have also noticed that the IED does get stuck on the roof of the cars and, if the triggerman blows himself up the IED can remain floating (even if the car has gone boom!)

Now all you need is the AUTOADD IEDs and TRIGGERMEN to missions and you will be a god amongst men :)

Edited by Kremator

I have managed to get this to work. The only problem is that the thing that pops up is mostly off screen. How can I change this?

@Kremator, thanks man! i just read your post and I was like omg omg I am the uber l33t. Lol seriously sharing this work with you and getting this kind of feedback..I don't know what to say, it's the best one could ask for. Thanks, really.

Now, for the serious part:

1. About the triggerman 'stuttering' when aimed at..I am quite sure there is absolutely no behavior influence in the script when aimed to, part of the code is not even run server side! But locally :) which I heard it is great to keep the strain off he server. Great to know but not something I did voluntarily! Lol. I believe this AI behavior is the good old ArmA magic :)

2. IED placement on the car is voluntary. I mean, I placed it there on purpouse, and you reminded me now that I had to take care of it.

I know each vehicle in ArmA has a number of anchor points..I was trying to find the right anchor point for UNDER the car, not on top of it. Lol, this is bloody 'rigging 101'.

3. If the IED goes off because of a triggerman, it should disappear on detonation. Maybe this is a bug, thanks for the report!

New call for help:

A. does anybody know the attachment point for UNDER a vehicle?

B. is there any way to automatically retrieve the array of total anchor points for an object?

C. do you have a better animation in mind that I could use for the DETACH action?

cheers, I ve just checked and it is already on normal.

What resolution ratio are you running? I've developed this for 16:9 or 16:10, maybe there are problems with 4:3?

The stuttering of the civ was only one case in about the twenty times I ran it... so I wouldnt worry.

Regarding the detach .... possibly you do need to remove it from the vehicle then place it on the ground prior to defuse ?

Also the time delay between triggerman shouting and boom is short ... scarily short but I like it that way!

1. Civilian stutter, yes I think it was him being excited of seeing you there for the 10th time lol (don't even venture into how many times I tested this script with an endorsement from adult diapers eheh)

2. Detaching and defusing yes I tought about putting defuse AFTER detach, in terms of actions, but I opted for being independent. If you can SEE the bomb in terms of ArmA cursor and in reality.. I guess you could decide to defuse it where it is so that is why I went for 'parallel' actions. I think this solves itself when I manage to place the IED under the car, where you normally cannot access it as you would a crate, a door, etc..

3. Delay is short yes, around 1.5 seconds..I could add some more random 1 lol but this is seductively short and real..the shout itself is something I would not do, I would just press the button ehe ..this knowledge of how short v-life can be literally made me redesign the tactical approach of a town etc. I hate not being able to do those video game exploits I naturally do sometimes ;)

DarkEclip(or anyone else who knows how), could you please thoroughly explain in very simple instructions how you got this script to work again after you respawned?thanks

hey everybody, i have a few questions.

is the explosion size editable? and is the explosion size itself random?

and how would i attach and IED to something from this pack?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10029

(also do you need to specify the actual class name or just the name you gave it? i.e. "skodabomb" is that a player created name or a class name?) one of the objects in that pack is called "ied_bombcar" as the unit name in the editor, i tried to attach an ied by doing this:

for the "ied_bombcar"

[ied_bombcar] execVM "scripts\IEDdetect\IEDdetect_detach.sqf";

and for the triggerman

[this,ied_bombcar,0,50,30,WEST] execVM "scripts\IEDdetect\IEDdetect_triggerman.sqf";

is this correct?

ive gotten it to work using the default example (i placed a skoda and named it "skodabomb") ive never gotten a detach command, only defuse options (the bomb is on top of the car if that explains it)

when i tried it with the ied bombcar, i thought it worked (it exploded) but there was a second IED that i could defuse and set off and it was where the car was but i didnt place it there...so im not sure if i did something wrong. also, im not sure if this is supposed to happen, but the triggerman almost never sets off the ied unless im the one near it, i tried putting a bunch of units right next to it but it only detonated like once or twice if i remember correctly, and sometimes my units will shoot him out of the blue with no explosion, or he just wont set the bomb off at all, no matter how far away i put him or how many units i put inside his radius. (also, does his "fear" radius make him detonate the bomb as well? or cause him to not detonate it, the first few tries i had him standing next to all the enemy units and stuff and i dont remember if that worked, i tried setting it to 0 and it didnt seem to do anything, and i tried setting it to 10 and placing him on the roof of a building down the street from it in eyesight and i think it worked once)

also, out of curiosity, what happens if you make the player character the triggerman?

sorry about all of the questions and the wall of text haha :eek:

Hi,

Im using 4:3. I changed settings to widescreen and I could see the interface. Just everything else looked crap.

- is the explosion size editable? and is the explosion size itself random?

It is possible to edit the script and change it. At the moment it is picked up randomly between three sizes, trying to simulate some of the most common ordnance converted to IEDs by bomb makers.

- and how would i attach and IED to something from this pack?

Name an object and use that name, it is that simple. In my example I used skodabomb but it is a name I gave the item, not a class name.

[ied_bombcar] execVM "scripts\IEDdetect\IEDdetect_attach.sqf";

Attach, not detach. Didn't the F. read me report that? :)

[this,ied_bombcar,0,50,30,WEST] execVM "scripts\IEDdetect\IEDdetect_triggerman.sqf";

The above is correct

- also, out of curiosity, what happens if you make the player character the triggerman?

Dunno, lol

- sorry about all of the questions and the wall of text haha

Just don't get used to this extensive way of answering :)

@ckolonko I'll see if there is anything I can do to fix that..I thought ArmA used relative screen coords..weird.

[ied_bombcar] execVM "scripts\IEDdetect\IEDdetect_attach.sqf";

Attach, not detach. Didn't the F. read me report that? :)

wait...in the read me it says "detach" :confused:

Sh* thanks! Gotta fix that!

Fail! XD

Hem here it says attach..maybe the txt is wrong? Gotta check later..

Reezo,

Awesome work on this script and I am working hard to implement it into my mission.

However....

1. Suicide Bombers - check works a treat.

2. Triggerman and car paired and scripted - check no problems

3. Random triggerman and ied from a trigger - all seems to work but he never detonates ied, I can defuse and remote detonate. But the guy never blows me up !

Something I am doing wrong, debug reports finding a victim but still dosen`t hit the trigger. There is no fear being applied at the time.

BTW: I have the percentage chance of triggerman at 100, civilian present, code in the activation field still no joy.

Any ideas ????

MORE TESTING - Appears the triggerman will not trigger a bomb unless you have actually put your crosshairs on him first. So you can walk past the bomb with no problems, even if the triggerman has LOS (and you are within the FEAR radius) and you are within the second bomb det radius, unless of course you have been within the first already, then its a different story.

All meant as constructive criticism, this really is going somewhere keep at it, adding a whole new dimension to the game.

Edited by UGLY58

@UGLY in terms of script, the triggerman finds a victim when an enemy (to him) is into the IED range expressed when running the script (30 in my example). However, if leaving this alone the triggerman could be, for example, behind a house and have no visual confirmation with his IED or his victim. This was not realistic because a triggerman 100m from his IED would just use his crystal ball to see who was close to his bomb.

For this reason I added the fact that the triggerman must "know about" the victim, too. This allows him to know about it, then leave, then maybe still be able to blow you to pieces but at least he put eyes on you. This would simulate also having relays, meaning other people in visual line with him AND the bomb who can tell him when to blow the bomb.

Problem is, MAYBE I think I bugged this version because I added the check on the soldier-who-can-make-him-freeze rather than the victim.

Will fix this in RC8 :) thanks for having made me think about it :)

Reez, the triggerman killed us from on the opposite site of a wall. It was using an unreleased map, but I thought I'd post to see if anyone else had that problem or if you can check it out in the scripting.

Reez, the triggerman killed us from on the opposite site of a wall. It was using an unreleased map, but I thought I'd post to see if anyone else had that problem or if you can check it out in the scripting.

That might have something to do with the above post of mine..

I have the fix already, wait for RC8 ;)

Love this script. However, im currently using the random trigger man option. When the trigger man detonates, everything on the map explodes.

Im currently using:

nul0 = [thislist,50,"cars",0,10,30,25,WEST] execVM "scripts\IEDdetect\IEDdetect_triggerman_spawn.sqf";

Lol I want that on video asap!

Use "Car" not "cars"

It is a classname array, you cannot invent it, check the ArmA biki for reference.

Give it a try. I set it up for the random trigger man and all the buildings around Utes airport blew up.

---------- Post added at 16:57 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

Here is a vid:

Amazing! But I won't look into it because I have v1.5RC8 almost ready. I re-wrote most of the things in triggerman.sqf

Make sure you use the correct classname for the object type that might also be it..

What script are you running on the triggerman? Are you using the trigger area or the single triggerman? Have you tried the example mission Sixth Sense?

Edited by Reezo

Ok will do. Is there any way to give the trigger man multiple IED'S? Also The trigger man does not detonate the IED's at all.