Sign in to follow this  
mr pedersen

Hell in the Pacific MOD

Great! Now we won't only see the M1928. Great job. And love the Textures man :cool:

Small update on the M1A1 Thompson,

Resized,Added holes in the wood, and improved textures.

Here is some render.

render3n.jpg

render2ci.jpg

renderfxy.jpg

(if the images are too big please report it, I can't actually see the really size on the web, but on my hd are around 97kbs)

I have started work on some US ammo box too. To give more immersive supply, I will create different crates for different ammo and (almost) historically correct.

All suggestions and feedback are always welcome!

Edited by Babylonjoke

Some crate screen, there will be more, like bazooka rockets, explosive crate, grenade crate, mortar crate etc etc. Each weapons will have their crates

rendercrates.jpg

As you can see, there is also the 1 pound block demolition charge, with a variaton of 3 of them attached togheter for a total of 3 pound demo charge, for a nice epic blast.

Also working on the torpedo bangalore which will include 2 variations : 1,5 meters and 3 meters, with different blasts, with of course his personal crate.

Edited by Babylonjoke

Really nice work fellas!

Great to see an pacifc mod for Arma 2. Several years ago I tried to make some models for OFP pacific. So I would like to ask if there are any ships/planes you want to have in your mod that haven't been made yet?

Great to see an pacifc mod for Arma 2. Several years ago I tried to make some models for OFP pacific. So I would like to ask if there are any ships/planes you want to have in your mod that haven't been made yet?

All the ships and all the planes used during the war. eheh

Why are you asking that, do you want to help us? :)

All 3d artists ,scripters ,mission makers or anyone that can help are always welcome! :D

Edited by Babylonjoke

Hi Babylonjoke, of course I would like to join in. My first projexct (still very wip) a bogue class carrier

boguewip01.jpg

Hell Yes! This mod should have that Carrier! Great work!

What we need are some more ships or planes and with a small team that we are some help with that would be really nice.

Any one that feel they can make a good 3D modle ship or plane for us are more then welcome.

Send any one of us mod-team members a PM.

Either Japanese, U.S ships and planes.

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Battlestations:_Pacific/Allied_Warships

Edited by Mr Pedersen

@Mr. Pedersen - Do the ships need to be able to move? I guess I mean the bigger ones. I'm interested in making an LST if one hasn't already been made. I can PM you some of my work on the 272m long USNS Mercy hospital ship modelled completely in O2 and the WWII balsa wood life raft that I have made, but not textured yet.

Let me know.

Thanks Raptor

I guess we already have an LST under construction...but we don't know yet the status of the model, I guess Gachopin or Kudo are working on it.

Everything you want to make that is in relation with the pacific theater during WW2 is welcome, so yes, why not? USNS Mercy It's a bit too much recent, not really ww2 period..But would be cool to have the balsa wood life raft. We have a couple of them low poly as static on the attack transport ship made by Waxbutter. So would be nice have them as drivable raft and a bit more high poly.

The priority by the way goes all on the USN , because actually the maps we are going to release for first, are all about US beach landings. (But indeed if you want to make a IJN ship you can! :D)

And definitely yes, the ships need to move :D

Edited by Babylonjoke

We're on the same page about the USNS Mercy being too modern. I was just mentioning that as proof that I can model ships in O2. Is there any way that you can specifiy what ships you are needing, other than the link you all posted pertaining to WWII US ships? IE- do you need a Fletcher class destroyer, any support ships, etc. Just like with the LST, there's no need to re-invent the wheel if someone else is already working on one.

If you can't specify which ones, due to wanting to keep things private until release, then I understand.

Actually no one is working on destroyer ship, so if you have time you could start with that one,we would be pleased... and would be perfect for the maps we are going to release for first ..

We don't care so much about take features private, actually we are showing most of the features of the mod :). The secret features are the hypothetical features, that we can't confirm yet :)

Thank you :D

Did you made that one?

I suggest all releated topics about developing we can use PM insted of public.

Its better to keep that private, insted of us cluttering up this forum post with to much on what is developed and what is not. Better to keep this thread with " final" media and other fun/cool stuff that the Basic arma 2 player would enjoy more. :)

Did you made that one?

Nope, it just reminds me ol' OFP Pacific thingies, and Black sheep TV series :)