Sign in to follow this  
spirit6

MCC Sandbox - Mission making the easy way

Hi,

The Clipboard is the computer clipboard (ctrl + c). The problame with the clipboard is that the data in it is gone once you restart the computer or using ctrl + c again. So inorder to save the mission paramently do this:

Once you pressed safe the data is saved to the clipboard then you minimized the screen and open a TXT file and paste it there (Ctrl + V). That's why it is safed and not saved until you actually save it in txt. In order to load a mission just open the TXT file press Ctrl + A and Ctrl + C to get in into the clipboard again then go into the right island MCC and press load.

You can save mission any time while making it and even multiple times, the latest save is the one that count all the none time related events (such artillery) are saved. Although you can save artillery, EVAC or any non savable event by linking it into a trigger which make it non time dependable.

Yes, RTE is in SU.

Edited by shay_gman

Hi,

The Clipboard is the computer clipboard (ctrl + c). The problame with the clipboard is that the data in it is gone once you restart the computer or using ctrl + c again. So inorder to save the mission paramently do this:

Once you pressed safe the data is saved to the clipboard then you minimized the screen and open a TXT file and paste it there (Ctrl + V). That's why it is safed and not saved until you actually save it in txt. In order to load a mission just open the TXT file press Ctrl + A and Ctrl + C to get in into the clipboard again then go into the right island MCC and press load.

You can save mission any time while making it and even multiple times, the latest save is the one that count all the none time related events (such artillery) are saved. Although you can save artillery, EVAC or any non savable event by linking it into a trigger which make it non time dependable.

Yes, RTE is in SU.

I have installed RTE via 6 updater..I can see it and when I click on it it says no connection..missing a .dll file it says..I put the .pbp file in my arma 2 Mods folder..do I need to ask on the RTE thread about this or here?:confused:

JC

I can't seem to get AIR drop to work, things get stuck in the sky! Little hard to reach the supplies unless I am like 900 feet tall XD

Edit: Has to do with the beta, disabling it fixes it, but seeing as the current line of betas are mostly AI reworks and fixes rather not have to disable it.

Edit2: Only seems to be in specific boxes, too many to label, but ACEX US Basic Ammo Or something like that doesn't drop. out of 49 non-ace boxes 17 get stuck currently (Mass drop no idea what was what)

Side note: In UTES, I happened to notice the spawned carrier has a floating paint helipad.

Edited by Kevaskous

Hi Kevaskous, I'am trying to make MCC as generic as possibale so it can work with any mod out there, but sometimes it isn't. I added another loop for the Air Drop featuer it should work better now.

Anyway, after a long time V1.6.2 is out. I had some bug fix for a long time and the request for something like the garisson script triggered me to relese a new version. The POPZ (Populate Zone) script should work with any faction on any building if it have any buildingpos.

Enjoy, second post edited with the new mirror.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20827047/CO_MCC_SANDBOX_V162.rar

Fixed

- ACE poor's man revive parameter didn't disable it.

- CAS laser designator loop wasn't breaking if no laser designator was found.

Added:

-Evac now have an approch parameter:

Ready - the helicopter will keep is engine on after landing.

Fastrope - the helicopter wil hover 25 meters above the LZ.

Land - the helicopter will land and shut down the engine.

Hover - the helicopter will hover in the air at the flight hight.

-Convoy is faction related and not side, Will now work for any BIS or not BIS faction, and the spawned units will be from the same faction and not from the master side.

-Populate Zone (POPZ)- So far only added Garison preset (nothing to do with the garrison script). In single button MCC wil generate units relative to the available spawn positions from the desired faction in the available buildings.

Hi Kevaskous, I'am trying to make MCC as generic as possibale so it can work with any mod out there, but sometimes it isn't. I added another loop for the Air Drop featuer it should work better now.

Yeah was just the betas doing it so dunno what's up there, thanks for the effort and gratz on the release.

:D You fuckin rock man!

Just tested the garrison script and it works like a champ. All the AI stay in one place just like we want them to.

On to test it in cinder city at some point tonight. :yay:

Edit: just tested it on cindercity using the killhouses... seemed to work sometimes. first time i tried it, I used 100% and it somewhat over populated the buildings. I might have double clicked it. After I realized my mistake I used the delete units option and it wouldn't spawn anymore after that.

Edited by Sleep

Edit: just tested it on cindercity using the killhouses... seemed to work sometimes. first time i tried it, I used 100% and it somewhat over populated the buildings. I might have double clicked it. After I realized my mistake I used the delete units option and it wouldn't spawn anymore after that.

Pick 100% only if you feel like going really crazy. The script check for building positions and then spawn a unit in it randomly by the inteset choosen. Somebuildings have more the 10 building pos in it. So if you choose 100% you'll likely to see building with 5+ units in them, stick to somewhere between 10% - 50%. Choose 100% only if your zone contain 1 house that you want it to be over crowded like the vila in Zagrabad.

I think Ive found the bug some of the guys were talking about. What the spawned txt says is Spawned <null> instead of spawned 1-1-A after some time with certain units. Eventually it becomes all units having this problem once it starts..

I think Ive found the bug some of the guys were talking about. What the spawned txt says is Spawned <null> instead of spawned 1-1-A after some time with certain units. Eventually it becomes all units having this problem once it starts..

Can you reproduce or attach the mission safe file?

crap lemme check. the mission should still be running

edit: had to restart the server so I lost that one. I'll make sure and save it next time it happens to one of us.

Edited by Sleep

hey shay, do you know if it is possible to make the AI a little less accurate, via editing or something else?

When I spawn them with RTE it is fine because I can set the skill to whatever is needed, but I find them a little accurate on other spawn techniques, recently I was in a mission where we got engaged by a machinegunner from 900m, and the first burst hit someone, plus I consistently get killed by AK47's from first 3 rounds at 300-500m.

on any other mission or using RTE they are much less accurate, it has been narrowed down.

Is there a file or something I can edit that has the AI accuracy in it?

Well AI accuracy shouldn't relay on skill, skill should be for the manuver part so I think. You should learn how to manage your server dedicated or host.

You can read more about it here.

If you want to lower the skill of all AI units in MCC you can run this short script just copy paste it to the command line and press boradcast:

{if (!(isPlayer _x) && (alive _x)) then  {_x setSkill 0.5}} forEach  allUnits;

Change the 0.5 to any value from 0 to 1.

If there is need for AI skill tweaking on global in MCC just send the word i'll work on nice UI for it.

thanks shay, if you ever get the time a button to change the skill would be greatly appreciated, but that code should work fine.

I'm a casual Player, and am very interested in just utilizing this addon in single player. Purely for entertainment of course :) How can I make this possible. Lost Key has gotten boring over the years.

I'm a casual Player, and am very interested in just utilizing this addon in single player. Purely for entertainment of course :) How can I make this possible. Lost Key has gotten boring over the years.

So far you can't I have no knowladge about SP mission making but i'll look into it and see if I can make a SP version.

At the meantime you can just open a local host MP mission and use it as SP.

Cool that'll work. I'm in love with the CAS Gun runs!!!!! :) I've been trying to remove the JIP syn feature in the scripts, but I just end up breaking it. I'll just stand by.

Cool that'll work. I'm in love with the CAS Gun runs!!!!! :) I've been trying to remove the JIP syn feature in the scripts, but I just end up breaking it. I'll just stand by.

The only thing i wonder is why bother? The only difference between going alone in a multiplayer game and the singlepalyer game is the button in the main menu. After that you can just as easy play solo.

So i wonder why it is such a fuzz... Can you you tell me why it makes a difference?

If there is need for AI skill tweaking on global in MCC just send the word i'll work on nice UI for it.

That would be amazing mate :)

Hey guys, just wanted to stop by and say how awesome MCC is. I pretty much gave up playing ArmA II until I stumbled upon it. Anywho, I had a quick question. I'm trying to get the fastroping option to work. I can call in the helicopter (using Chinook) and get it into position, but I can't seem to find the option on how to deploy the actual ropes. I see them in the cargo bay, but that's as far as I get. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey guys, just wanted to stop by and say how awesome MCC is. I pretty much gave up playing ArmA II until I stumbled upon it. Anywho, I had a quick question. I'm trying to get the fastroping option to work. I can call in the helicopter (using Chinook) and get it into position, but I can't seem to find the option on how to deploy the actual ropes. I see them in the cargo bay, but that's as far as I get. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I don't know if ACE changed it or not but you'll need the ropes to be in your gear not the heli, and you should sit in back and not as one of the gunners/co-pilots sits. Then when the heli goes to autohover the deploy rope option will show on your ACE's interaction key.

P.S the ropes will allready spawn in the heli's cargo.

I was thinking, why don't people link their text file of made mission for sharing? Is it not possible with mcc to share the files?

Shay_gmain, thanks so much for making this, its amazing and fun.

I looked through previous posts but could not find answer: when playing Lingor, I tried to select GAL Lingor Army [WEST] group to spawn but it does not show any groups in the class menu. Same for other Lingor factions... And I did press Update multiple times. Is there any way to make groups show up and use them?

I can select them as individual units but no groups at all. The Lingor units addon is installed correctly as I am able to use all groups in the regular editor.

Any help appreciated.

Shay_gmain, thanks so much for making this, its amazing and fun.

I looked through previous posts but could not find answer: when playing Lingor, I tried to select GAL Lingor Army [WEST] group to spawn but it does not show any groups in the class menu. Same for other Lingor factions... And I did press Update multiple times. Is there any way to make groups show up and use them?

I can select them as individual units but no groups at all. The Lingor units addon is installed correctly as I am able to use all groups in the regular editor.

Any help appreciated.

Hey bobrock the group have to be defined by the mod maker (which he didn't) or you could make config files and build them by yourself but it's not in the scope of MCC. My best advice PM the Lingor mod maker.