Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

Hey guys

Fairly new to ARMA II server hosting!

Trying to get Insurgency to start on my new server!

Constantly stuck at wait for host.. Would someone please take a look at my cfg file for me and see what I have done wrong!

Much appreciated

Obviously the server.cfg file has the MOTD etc above, no point posting that!

At the moment I have left beta patch and mods as 0..

Thanks again!

*snip*

Hey marker.

Have you tried "#login password" in the chat, where "password" is your rcon password and then typing "#missions", and choosing the mission from there? I think a line in your rotation script is a little off, not sure.

Instead of:

class InsurgencyChernarus 
{
	template = Insurgency X.Chernarus;
	difficulty = "Veteran";
	param1 = Insurgency;
          param2 = Chernarus; 
};

try the following out:

class InsurgencyChernarus 
{
	template = Insurgency_X.Chernarus;
	difficulty = "Veteran";
	param1 = Insurgency;
          param2 = Chernarus; 
};

I'm not quite sure you need the param1 and param2 lines. I'm not sure if the mission is actually called Insurgency_X, either. I would advise you check the file name and change those lines appropriately, but I don't have any experience with Chernarus Insurgency.

If you haven't already made an admin password, do so by adding this line to the .cfg:

passwordAdmin = "password";

Change "password" to suit your needs, but leave the quotation marks there, this is important! Hope some of this helps, and have fun! :)

Edited by Bates

Hi mate

Ignore the param llines, I slightly misunderstood the action they commit too!

Just didn't show the top of my cfg file mate, password is in there!!

The name is as I had it, if I change the name, I am guessing it will have no effect?

Much obliged.

Edited by marker

Comparing the chosen vehicles to the ACE class lists, I don't see any reference to some of these at all. Could this be because we're not using ACE USNavy and RUNavy or am I missing something here? For example the HMMWV.. "HMMWV_M1151_M2_DES_EP1" in the script, and "HMMWV_M1151_M2_CZ_DES_EP1" in the classlist, whereas if you compare the Jackal from script to class list, it matches, and loads fine in the mission..etc..

Yes, it might be that you're not loading USNavy. The ACE version requires that all ACE mods that come along are loaded.

Just ignore me guys!!

Left the pbo file within a folder within the mpmission folder!!

Staring me right in the face as well :)

Yes, it might be that you're not loading USNavy. The ACE version requires that all ACE mods that come along are loaded.

Ah, alright then. I'll put these on the server today just to make sure that this is the problem.

Glad you got things sorted marker, can be a little more simple than you bargained for most of the time haha! ;)

EDIT: Everything is loading properly now that we added USNavy. We don't use SIX Updater and we saw nothing we wanted in USNavy and this is why we didn't have it in the first place.

Edited by Bates

Just a quick feature request/point that might be worth noting about the ACE version of Insurgency. There's a module I think you should add to the mission file, which is "ACE_Wounds_FullHeal". What it does is allow units to be fully healed by a medic equipped with a medkit on the field.

We ran into some issues over the past few days with the medkits not properly healing damaged limbs meaning that we would be stuck with a shaky aim or broken limbs permanently until we respawned. We originally thought this was ACE being buggy and weird, but looking at the ACE modules it would appear that it works as intended, as most (or at least a sizable amount of) missions don't bank on players operating on a bunch of different and extensive operations on one character life.

I was halfway through a town and got shot in the legs with a .50, had a medic heal me back up fully with all usable items only to learn that my legs were permanently broken, leaving me stuck prone in the middle of fast moving combat! :butbut:

This module works around this issue by allowing medkits to fully heal units. There is no other way to fully heal units that I can find, the ambulance has no options, neither does the field hospital at base. Respawning or aborting out and coming back in is the only fix for a broken arm or leg.

Another notable module is "ACE_Wounds_EveryoneMedic" which allows every single player to use a medkit, instead of just medics. Be sure not to add that one if you go ahead with this.. then medics would become totally pointless! :D

I've added this in myself along with a bunch of other things for my server, which I really hope you don't mind..most of it is small things requested by my members but I believe this could be beneficial to more people than just us.

There is no other way to fully heal units that I can find, the ambulance has no options, neither does the field hospital at base. Respawning or aborting out and coming back in is the only fix for a broken arm or leg.

You will get full heal when healed near a MEDEVAC vehicle or field hospital

You will get full heal when healed near a MEDEVAC vehicle or field hospital

Ah..interesting. That would have been the last thing we would have tried! I would never have guessed that is what needs to be done considering how the vanilla wounds work. Nevertheless I think it might be something to consider..but now knowing this it seems to make a little more sense. I think we'll keep it enabled due to us not having too many players!

By the way..was that documented somewhere? We all read over everything about ACE Wounds that we could and didn't see anything that mentioned that or anything similar anywhere..unless we missed something.

Yes.

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Wounding_System

Under "Goals":

Medical facilities important (for full heal)

Under Damage / Healing

Anyone can heal you at a medical facility (teamwork)

Healing is not to 100%, except when at a medical facility (teamwork, logistics)

Ah, cool. Might still be a neat idea to have that module so that medics have more of an advantage in the field. Then again, I've added it and it seems to have no effect.. :mad:

The module you might be thinking of bates makes it so more than medics can do a field heal. Regardless you can only do a full heal at a medical tent or near a medical vehicle as indicated by cuel.

Is a there way to add a parameter (Or even permanently) to disable enemy aircraft from spawning? The closest bit of script I could find was in common/server/ai/functions. Really appreciate any help

EDIT: Figured out how to completely remove the aircraft.

Went in to common/server/ define.sqf and removed the classnames from #define eastVehiclesFreq and it doesn't spawn any more :)

But I'd still like to know how to incorporate it into a parameter option, if possible.

Edited by Khaki

Is a there way to add a parameter (Or even permanently) to disable enemy aircraft from spawning? The closest bit of script I could find was in common/server/ai/functions. Really appreciate any help

Absolutely, we took the helicopters out as we felt they were a bit unnecessary. Just head into \common\server\defines.sqf. On line 7, change this:

#define eastVehiclesFreq	["BRDM2_TK_EP1","BRDM2_TK_EP1","M113_TK_EP1","M113_TK_EP1","Mi24_D_TK_EP1","Mi24_D_TK_EP1","UH1H_TK_EP1","UH1H_TK_EP1","BTR60_TK_EP1","BTR60_TK_EP1","LandRover_MG_TK_INS_EP1","LandRover_MG_TK_INS_EP1","LandRover_MG_TK_INS_EP1","LandRover_SPG9_TK_INS_EP1","LandRover_SPG9_TK_INS_EP1","T34_TK_EP1","T55_TK_EP1"]

to this:

#define eastVehiclesFreq	["BRDM2_TK_EP1","BRDM2_TK_EP1","M113_TK_EP1","M113_TK_EP1","BTR60_TK_EP1","BTR60_TK_EP1","LandRover_MG_TK_INS_EP1","LandRover_MG_TK_INS_EP1","LandRover_MG_TK_INS_EP1","LandRover_SPG9_TK_INS_EP1","LandRover_SPG9_TK_INS_EP1","T34_TK_EP1","T55_TK_EP1"]

Helicopters should no longer spawn. Note the fact that there are multiple entries of the same vehicle, as far as I know this is simply for increasing the spawn frequency over other vehicles, for example each tank only exists once as it is pretty powerful.

Thanks Bates, funny enough i had edited my other post saying I figured it out literally a minute after you posted :p

It'd still be nice to have a parameter though, for the player's liking.

Edited by Khaki

I've yet to try adding my own parameters, so I'm not exactly sure on how to do it, but the most immediately convenient way I could think of would be to replace the #define line with something like "if this parameter equals this, then use this define line, else use this" or something. Have the parameter as "Helicopters Enabled" with "Yes" and "No", values 0 and 1..and if its 1 it uses the default #define line, if not, it uses the edited one. However I haven't tried adding parameters so I don't know how to call them up in other scripts! Not exactly learnt the entirety of ArmA's global and local stuff :D

I'll look into it if I get a moment.

EDIT: Took a quick look and although I could be wrong, it seems fairly simple. From what I can see in the other scripts you can call parameter classes globally. I haven't tested this, so do make backups, but try adding this to the \description.ext somewhere (I added it after the "ambientCivilians" class parameter for quickness, included that for context):

//ambientCivilians should remain first param
   class ambientCivilians { 
            title="    Ambient Civilians"; 
            values[]={ 1,0 }; 
            texts[]={ "Enabled","Disabled"}; 
            default=1; 
            code = ""; 
        };
   //Helicopters Enabled
   class helicoptersEnabled {
       title="    Helicopters Enabled";
       values[]={1,0};
       texts[]={ "Enabled","Disabled"};
       default=1;
       code = "";
   };

Now, time for the experimental bit. :D Head on over to \common\server\defines.sqf and change line 7 to this:

if (helicoptersEnabled == 1) then {
   [color=#EEEEEE]#define eastVehiclesFreq    ["BRDM2_TK_EP1","BRDM2_TK_EP1","M113_TK_EP1","M113_TK_EP1","Mi24_D_TK_EP1","Mi24_D_TK_EP1","UH1H_TK_EP1","UH1H_TK_EP1","BTR60_TK_EP1","BTR60_TK_EP1","LandRover_MG_TK_INS_EP1","LandRover_MG_TK_INS_EP1","LandRover_MG_TK_INS_EP1","LandRover_SPG9_TK_INS_EP1","LandRover_SPG9_TK_INS_EP1","T34_TK_EP1","T55_TK_EP1"]
[/color]}
else {
   ​[color=#EEEEEE]#define eastVehiclesFreq    ["BRDM2_TK_EP1","BRDM2_TK_EP1","M113_TK_EP1","M113_TK_EP1","BTR60_TK_EP1","BTR60_TK_EP1","LandRover_MG_TK_INS_EP1","LandRover_MG_TK_INS_EP1","LandRover_MG_TK_INS_EP1","LandRover_SPG9_TK_INS_EP1","LandRover_SPG9_TK_INS_EP1","T34_TK_EP1","T55_TK_EP1"]
[/color]};

Not gonna add this to my own mission at the moment so let me know if it works!

Edited by Bates

Cool! I'll try it out soon, but after running through the mission a couple times, the rate at which Helo's spawn kind of makes it overwhelming at times, so I may just stick to permanently no air.

BUT, if your parameters work then, power to the players! :)

Hey guys,

Is there anyway of changing the amount of BLUFOR vehicles that spawn? ive searched all of the .sqf files and i cant find any kind of script that says anything about the amount of vehicles that spawn. Ive found out how to change what vehicles are available but cannot find out how to change the amount of the vehicles that spawn.

Thanks in advance,

Ashton

common/defines.sqf reduce the vehicle defines and the vehicle string. remove all instances. eg. humv14 or atv11 from all files.

Quick question. Either Im blind stupid or both, but

How would one go about changing group sizes and unit models? Every Time I try I simply am stuck at the debug area.

Quick question. Either Im blind stupid or both, but

How would one go about changing group sizes and unit models? Every Time I try I simply am stuck at the debug area.

Don't think you're blind or stupid as I had this as well and it took me a while to find out what to do! It's a pretty quick 'n' simple fix if you know how though.

In \common\defines.sqf, on line 92, simply add the unit model to the array on this line and it will spawn at base no problem. :)

As for group sizes, I hate the in-game editors and stuff, so I just copy paste extra units into the mission.sqm and change them to have different stuff.

Don't think you're blind or stupid as I had this as well and it took me a while to find out what to do! It's a pretty quick 'n' simple fix if you know how though.

In \common\defines.sqf, on line 92, simply add the unit model to the array on this line and it will spawn at base no problem. :)

As for group sizes, I hate the in-game editors and stuff, so I just copy paste extra units into the mission.sqm and change them to have different stuff.

Mate you just saved me 3 hours of pulling my hair out

Thanks very much :)

Mate you just saved me 3 hours of pulling my hair out

Thanks very much :)

Nooo problem. You might need to add the "text" field of the new units to the "westPlayerStrings" on line 60-65, but I haven't seen a difference with and without that addition. Perhaps Mr Fireball knows more :D

Edited by Bates
Badly written like almost all of my posts initially are..

Adding more units got me this fun little error.

Error in expression <ll compile toString[toArray(str player) select 10])+"1",("Hitman1" + str call co>
 Error position: <select 10])+"1",("Hitman1" + str call co>
 Error Zero divisor
File C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\WO1%20Grunyev%2eC%20[160%2f4SFG]\missions\4SFG_ace_insurgency1_50.fallujah\common\client\markers\functions.sqf, line 50
Error in expression <ll compile toString[toArray(str player) select 10])+"1",("Hitman1" + str call co>
 Error Zero divisor
File C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\WO1%20Grunyev%2eC%20[160%2f4SFG]\missions\4SFG_ace_insurgency1_50.fallujah\common\client\markers\functions.sqf, line 50
 Error Zero divisor
 Error Zero divisor
Error in expression <unum; 
_pos 	= getPosATL _obj; 
_vcl 	= createVehicle [_type, _pos, [], 0, "None>
 Error position: <createVehicle [_type, _pos, [], 0, "None>
 Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
File C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\WO1%20Grunyev%2eC%20[160%2f4SFG]\missions\4SFG_ace_insurgency1_50.fallujah\common\server\AI\functions.sqf, line 74
 Error Zero divisor

Its causing massive memory dumping and is lagging everyone out on the server. halp :(

Adding more units got me this fun little error.

Error Zero divisor
 Error Zero divisor
 Error Zero divisor
 Error Zero divisor
Error in expression <unum; 
_pos     = getPosATL _obj; 
_vcl     = createVehicle [_type, _pos, [], 0, "None>
 Error position: <createVehicle [_type, _pos, [], 0, "None>
 Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
File C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\WO1%20Grunyev%2eC%20[160%2f4SFG]\missions\4SFG_ace_insurgency1_50.fallujah\common\server\AI\functions.sqf, line 74
 Error Zero divisor

Its causing massive memory dumping and is lagging everyone out on the server. halp :(

Did you add your new units via the/any editor?