Sign in to follow this  
GunnDawg09

Original ARMA 2 Anyone?

Do people still play the Original ArmA 2 without any of the DLC? I've only got the original ArmA 2 and was curious if I will be able to find anyone to play with. Thanks.

Whenever I feel nostalgic, I fire up the ol' ArmA II and fool around in the editor somewhat. That's about it, though. The OA/DLC have so much more features.

The fact is that OA brings so many updates, and since the ArmA 2 content is still usable with OA, there's really no reason to not use OA. The DLCs just add new content, so there's probably less people using them.

Yeah I just cannot afford it at the moment as I have been laid off. Money is tight, so new PC games have been put on hold. Maybe one day.

Yeah I just cannot afford it at the moment as I have been laid off. Money is tight, so new PC games have been put on hold. Maybe one day.

Well there's a sale (and have been several this holiday season) currently on BI stuff on Steam and Sprocket, so now's the time to buy... Currently OA is 60% off on Sprocket and 33% off on Steam.

I'm thinking some people may temporarily revert back to vanilla just so they can fully appreciate OA and DLC's :D

I'm thinking some people may temporarily revert back to vanilla just so they can fully appreciate OA and DLC's :D
Since the Red Harvest Campaignn is not workingwel in OA im back to ArmA II to play it...and I still find crowded Warfare BE Servers running ArmA II. The original ArmA II content is still played best in 1.08 since the most of it is still not upgraded to OA standards. The two games do not mix very well. The merging without updating the old units at least a bit to the same functional level was no good idea from BIS.

Since the Red Harvest Campaignn is not workingwel in OA im back to ArmA II to play it...and I still find crowded Warfare BE Servers running ArmA II. The original ArmA II content is still played best in 1.08 since the most of it is still not upgraded to OA standards. The two games do not mix very well. The merging without updating the old units at least a bit to the same functional level was no good idea from BIS.

any CIT tickets # about the 'not working well in OA (A2:CO)' ?

There is already a thread in the forum and a ticket to this issue. Edited by Ulanthorn

Playing with some addons, the entire campaign is badly broken. Since I want to keep the addons, I gave up on Red Harvest.

In my opinion (and this is just my belief, not substantiated by facts) Harvest Red was very poorly implemented.

I used to use lots of addons with the Arma 1 campaign and never had any issues with it (in fact, it became much better.) Harvest Red is unplayable with a very similar set of addons.

Do people still play the Original ArmA 2 without any of the DLC? I've only got the original ArmA 2 and was curious if I will be able to find anyone to play with. Thanks.

That's what I normally play, but I don't play it online unfortunately

I like the enviroment and armies in Vanilla ArmA 2 far more than in the addon's and their are some pretty excellent campaigns out there to DL.