Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead, version 1.57 - Patch released

Hi AtomQuark,

I would still recommend using the latest beta patch, performance is way better than in official 1.57 and no, command line parameters aren´t necessary anymore.

However, you have a dual core, so you could test -exthreads=5 (or 3) since default setting is 7 for quadcore.

Nice to see such a good performance on an aged rig ;)

I have a problem now that the vehicles that have their damage set to 1 do not spawn in a destroyed state but explode when the mission starts. Is this intentional?

Hi AtomQuark,

I would still recommend using the latest beta patch, performance is way better than in official 1.57 and no, command line parameters aren´t necessary anymore.

However, you have a dual core, so you could test -exthreads=5 (or 3) since default setting is 7 for quadcore.

Nice to see such a good performance on an aged rig ;)

what beta patch are you talking?? ..could u link on the download? ...thanks in advance ;)

Wow, what a great patch, BAF and PMC are now included, nice!

However I experience lots of texture bugs.

For example, when I run a preview in Zagrabad.

It will display some weird colors, but eventually returns to pretty good texture level.

However, this is altered.

Am I the only one?

Or do I need to post some screens?

I experience lots of texture bugs.

It will display some weird colors, but eventually returns to pretty good texture level.

Am I the only one?

Does it happen when you first run the game or map? If so, then it's probably just the game loading up. If the colours are too confusing, then I'd suggest that you pause a little bit, so the game can load up. :)

Wow, what a great patch, BAF and PMC are now included, nice!

However I experience lots of texture bugs.

Am I the only one?

I have texture problems with only the BAF units. They are all washed out looking.

I have texture problems with only the BAF units. They are all washed out looking.

This will happen unless you buy the BAF DLC. Sorry if you knew this already

This will happen unless you buy the BAF DLC. Sorry if you knew this already

Thanks alot, I did not know that. Only had Arma2 combined since Christmas and Iam trying to catch up with everything about it.

Yes, the BAF and PMC textures in 1.57 are low res only and intended to be a only a preview. To get full hi res textures in BAF and PMC you would need to buy the expansions.

The only reason keeping away from buying BAF and PMC is the digital form. If I could buy in the store iI would already own them.

The only reason keeping away from buying BAF and PMC is the digital form. If I could buy in the store iI would already own them.

Then you'll be waiting a long time, probably forever. The main reason for releasing DLCs exclusively in digital form is to avoid the costs and hassle of creating discs and shipping them to stores. If they ever make some kind of "Arma 2 gold edition", it will probably include the DLCs. If not, tough luck.

That being said, buying them from Sprocket is dead simple. You can download the installers from the site at any time, but you can also burn them to a CD if you want to. And you get your keys both on the Sprocket site and via eMail, so not much danger of losing them.

How many times can I install the digital form of BAF in my system in case of format or other issues?

How many times can I install the digital form of BAF in my system in case of format or other issues?

A dev has answered that one before, somewhere. If memory serves, you can install and activate the digital download something like 5 times within a six month period. If you need to do it more often within that time frame, you have to contact Sprocket support.

So, assuming you're not formating your comp once a month, I think you should be fine.

EDIT: Just to be clear, that means if you install the DLC and thus use up one of your activations, then wait six months, you will have all five activations back again. It doesn't mean you can only activate the DLC for six months after purchase.

EDIT 2: Actually, I think you may be in luck. It looks like the expansions are being released on DVD after all, in package called "Arma2: Reinforcements". See here.

Now please excuse me while I eat my hat.

Edited by MadDogX

Lol MadDogX that was funny but thanks anyway for your time and for your effort to clear up things for me :)

Well I finally installed the 1.57 patch and I have to say that im dissapointed. I had better performance with the 1.56 maybe + 5 fps.

Oh well now I have to wait for the 1.58 patch , I dont bother to make a new installation of the game. I will still play it :).

Well I finally installed the 1.57 patch and I have to say that im dissapointed. I had better performance with the 1.56 maybe + 5 fps.

Oh well now I have to wait for the 1.58 patch , I dont bother to make a new installation of the game. I will still play it :).

Why you do not simply intall the 1.57.78188 beta?

I have noticed that if you play as the masked NAPA guy, the mas wont appear if you use a face from the new ones.

Read first sticky--question answered.

Edited by tod
redundancy

Well I have to say it was a mistake installing 1.57 regarding performance.

With 1.56 my performance was better and I enjoyed the game more.

Now I hope that 1.58 will atleast be as good as 1.56 performance.

Since 1.57 patch we have some problems with animations. Even default.

63bce6d32145.jpg

And else one

90abc074e4f9.jpg

ARMA2 CO addons-free. Where is problem? Will be BI fix it?

Has anyone travelling in cars or tanks in Arrowhead noticed the very juddery nature of travel ?, the scenery will go speed up and slow down several times per second. Fine travelling by aire though .....is this down to 1.57 ?

Any working mirrors for 1.57, just keep getting an error when trying to click on find update on official site :(