Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead, version 1.57 - Patch released

Does each patch always break the game saves under the previous patch? Would be nice to know in advance. Seems to happen each time I patch.

Thanks for the patch, merry xmas!

Looking forward to returning to my computer after break and letting Steam download all my Arma games for 12 hours :p

Do you have to apply the separate PMC patch also?

Because when you run this patch, it seems to include the 1.01 PMC patch ....

Sad, there are simply no servers runnig the recent version...my whole server list is red and showing only full and active 1.56 servers.

Sad because it's not true. We've had two servers up on 1.57 ALL day. I also highly doubt that nobody has updated

I'm also going to re-post this:

Can we have a list of the new camo selections so I don't have to dig through data files and open up textures to figure out which is which.

because it shouldn't be hard for BIS to look through their documentation to see which textures were added.

Im acctualy getting frezes for 10-15 secs with this patch, which hasnt happend with last patch...

and when i shoot poeple they sometimes fall dead 10 secs later than it should, like im in multyplayer and its laging...

all is tested in Singel player, scenarios missions, soo point is, more frezes for me with this patch, acctualy I didnt have at all frezes with last patch. (1.56).

hope you fix this

Thanks ....

Edited by gonk

Still can't use DoFire function against objects.

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 AM ----------

.....and still can't join combined ops servers using retail version of A2+Steam version of OA. Looks like BIS wins and i'm going to have to buy a full retail copy of CO.

this patch seems super smooth for me, and I noticed the AI's accuracy and response has been super fast for 1.56-1.57 as I am getting pawned fast. Has anything been tweaked on that part of the game?

Does each patch always break the game saves under the previous patch? Would be nice to know in advance. Seems to happen each time I patch.

Yes it brakes the save. You have to restart the mission you are on so its not that bad. ;)

And thanks BIS for the continued dedication. :)

Nice patch, gutted about the TWS silenced XM8 getting the shaft though.

In fact I feel the XM8s got shafted overall, I like the new way the scopes are handled but the actual red dot is pretty ugly and removes any real accuracy for distant shots. In fact even with shots within the 300 metre range it is a pain in the ass to get a headshot thanks to the dot now being a giant opaque red diamond.

Thought I finally had a silenced weapon I could get some decent use out of with the silenced TWS XM8 and now it has got the same TWS view as the Mk17 and Goshawk, useless in other words. You struggle with any distant targets as you can't see your misses splash which allows you to adjust your aim.

The Mk17 sniper is a joke with only a 300 metre max zeroing.

Will we ever get any other useful silenced sniper than the VSS?

Don't get me wrong though, the rest of the patch is good and your work and constant support to the community are always appreciated BIS team. :)

Im acctualy getting frezes for 10-15 secs with this patch, which hasnt happend with last patch...

and when i shoot poeple they sometimes fall dead 10 secs later than it should, like im in multyplayer and its laging...

all is tested in Singel player, scenarios missions, soo point is, more frezes for me with this patch, acctualy I didnt have at all frezes with last patch. (1.56).

hope you fix this

Defrag with a 3rd party defragger it might help to get rid of stuttering and freezing, After large patches have been applied files are always heavily fragmented.

kind regards and Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all.

it's missing ...

tracking parties were dispatched to locate rogue code branch :cool:

{sorry for the trouble}

LMAO, no problem would have been useful but can wait until next patch. :)

Defrag with a 3rd party defragger it might help to get rid of stuttering and freezing, After large patches have been applied files are always heavily fragmented.

+1 as the best advice to give after installing a large patch or mod

what they mean wth this camo (replaceable textures) selections for M2A2/3.

are they placeable or just some .paa taht you have to make like it was with the m113

Firstly, once again a big thanks to a developer who continues to support their product. Refreshing to see:bounce3:.

Just as a sign of my addiction to this game, once again I got the error of my version of Arma 2 was corrupted and the patch wouldn't apply itself. Had the same message on the last patch and I realize this must be operator error along the way...lol

I do change my arma2ao exec to allow for crossfire, but even after changing it back I still got the error message.

Regardless, I have no problem reinstalling the game to get the latest patch of this experience we all call Arma 2.

been messing around since 1.57 I can definetly say that im seeing alot LESS spazzing LOD's like on the vegetation primarily in Operation Arrowhead

So far im really liking it BIS, and ive seem to be getting a few additional FPS.

Thank you.

Now i got to install OS's amazing Blast core mod to fix the ugly muzzle flashes ingame :p :D

Okay thx for suport, i will try this and report back :)

merry xmas all :D

Just reinstalled everything and patched it accordingly....nice!

Haven't had a chance to play through any levels yet but working my way through the game's menus and loading up missions are remarkably faster.

Ran the benchmarks and saw an increase across the different benchmarks. Still having some LOD issues (blurry trees) but I put that blame at the feet of ATI and their crappy drivers.

Looking forward to getting some game time on this!

LMAO, no problem would have been useful but can wait until next patch. :)

why wait ;) it's already ready for You to rumble :yay:

beta 76934

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[76930] Fixed: More reliable VRAM detection on Vista/Win7 (using DXGI). (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16163)

[76918] Fixed: Units created by CreateUnit have had empty identity.

[76913] Improved: AI helis able to fly a bit faster.

[76913] Fixed: AI piloting a heli with a player as a gunner did not attempt to autorotate.

[76871] Reduced lod switching in dense (forsest, town) scenes.

+ working multihome -ip= now :)

discuss more in it's beta thread http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=112065