OS, I've noticed that when using an M2 tripod (for instance), the player can freelook while firing and your custom muzzleflash will drift out of proportion away from the muzzle. It's not a big deal, and something common to a lot of BIS 'floating things' like this http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_3Dcredits

Just thought I'd chime in on the topic. As I say, not really a massive problem, just an anomaly. Let me know if you need me to upload a demo vid to youtube.

play as a chopper gunner, they sometimes move like 2m or so;)

it's because those muzzleflashes are 2D layers and always face the player

but there is nothing you can really do about it...

Ive also done some work on the main effects obv like smoke grenades and the TOW smoke as someone stated bla bla

rework the smokenade animation ? i love the current smoke animation ,what do you want to change that ?

Ive also done some work on the main effects obv like smoke grenades and the TOW smoke as someone stated bla bla

OP

Those were the most realistic smoke grenades. I hope you don't change it to much. Maybe just make the color stronger if you could, that would be the only change IMO

rework the smokenade animation ? i love the current smoke animation ,what do you want to change that ?

after my opinion its kind of weird that they dissapear when you walk into them

but they look absolutely ok!

lol headache this morning much OS :p

Ahh not too bad, drank loads of whisky so its not as bad but i get massive hangovers on beers tho. But still sorry for acting like a knob.

Well ive started finishing off the beta so i hope to have something later on this evening or possibly afternoon. The smokegrenades arnt really changed, ive just lowered the velocity direction and increased the wind values. Il see if i can do something with the dissapearing when moving closer, the smoke grenades are one of the demanding effects which means too much smoke causes that cutout to occur.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Right testing time.

This is a community only BETA for testing out the new scripting methods for weaponeffects and squash some issues the mod currently has. Please do not host the mod elsewhere as its still a bit hairy in places. Some of the weaponeffects / muzzleflashes may not all be working properly on some weapons this is most likly that i have still yet to add support to them etc.

The muzzleflashes themselfs will be made smaller for vehicles in R1.2

Theres also some WIP effects for some stuff the M1A2 Abrams has them like particle based tracer rounds for the 120mm and some trail effects on the COAX m240 let me know if you like them or not etc.

The KA50 has a massive muzzleflash due it using the same weapon as the BMP but again this will be made smaller in future.

Obv the thing we need to test the most is does this mod conflict with other mods like ACE and also the custom ammo and magazine classes it shoundnt do anymore as ive deleted the entries in the scripts and ran the weapon effects differntly which are much more stable hopfully. Ermmmmm oh yeah see if AI dies, see if the mod works with those who have the mod and those who dont online etc.

uuuuh oh as i said before in a prev post ive made some minor changes to the core effects that are the TOW missile effects, and the Tunguska missiles, smokegrenades. I havnt worked on the Aircraft fireball yet i needa to assign a differnt effect to helicopters so you still got the massssssive fireball. Will sort it later, erm theres proberly loads more but i cant think of them right now. So happy hunting let me know how it goes, let me know if any issues are found erm yeh thats about it. :)

Cheers guys

Edited by Opticalsnare

Many thanks matey :)

Thats cool mate, thank you very much for the work. Got another great excuse to spend all night in ArmA :)

Hopefully this will have nailed all those issues 1.1 had, and it'll be a smooth transition to 1.2

Oh yeah and i get that with beer too, but i dont drink spirits any more after a rather nasty episode. Try a bit of Guiness or Murphy's Irish Stout, really nice just beware the hangover if you drink to much is wicked.

P.S love the new splash screen

Edited by Bigpickle

Opticalsnare, any chance for anymore mirror or another host?? 1.5kb((
Try to re-download for a few times. First try: 3.1 KB/s, second try: 1.1 MB/s. :)

I made a small server called Blastcore: BETA nothing fancy just some vehicles and weapons etc, wont be great as i dont have the greatest connection.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Thanks OS, will try in a few hours with ACE with a few others on my server... will report anything helpful I can. I've been using the 1.41 beta for the time being. This is really one of the mods I can't play without.

:cheers:

Also, stay away from that nasty beer, it kills me too... and yes, I mean the weak American beer, the beer you all drink is even worse... only Jack Daniel's and Jagermeister for me.

Is this intergratable with ACE?

By that I mean:

Does it work well with ACE?

In compatible addons list on the ACE website I didn't see this mod.

By that I mean:

Well a Beta was released only a few hours ago which focases on making the mod compatible with other addons. Further testing is required however before this can be confirmed.

By that I mean:

With OS'es latest available beta version things should be funky; it seems there's a request for open beta test, looking forward to the results,

once confirmed will add the WarFX to both; ACE Compatibility list and the Six Updater network ;-)

OpticalSnare; thanks for all your efforts and this most awesome effects pack!

Thanks OS, we'll be testing on our server today!

4 hours on my server today with 2 of us using the beta and 2 not using, all 4 of us using ACE, worked as good as I could tell. No problems to report. Nothing in my report or server report.

:)

Gave it a test on my system and got "Cannot open object warfxpe\particleeffects\muzzleflash\556x45_01.p3d." Will see if I can find out whether it's a conflict or not.

We ran it earlier this afternoon with no errors. Granted it was only about an hour of play but it seemed to be very stable!

Do we still need the the "Lighting, Tracers, and Sunlight" folders activated from the RC1.1?

Gave it a test on my system and got "Cannot open object warfxpe\particleeffects\muzzleflash\556x45_01.p3d." Will see if I can find out whether it's a conflict or not.

Got that too, rpt:

Error: Model warfxpe\particleeffects\muzzleflash\556x45_01.p3d cannot be used as a sprite - it has not just one LOD level

Hmm, is it possible to make your muzzleflash only work during night-time and not in the day?

We ran it earlier this afternoon with no errors. Granted it was only about an hour of play but it seemed to be very stable!

Do we still need the the "Lighting, Tracers, and Sunlight" folders activated from the RC1.1?

No they are independent addons.

Hmm, is it possible to make your muzzleflash only work during night-time and not in the day?

Maybe in future.

Got that too, rpt:

Error: Model warfxpe\particleeffects\muzzleflash\556x45_01.p3d cannot be used as a sprite - it has not just one LOD level

Found em, consider them fixed for next release. :)

Edited by Opticalsnare