Sign in to follow this  
Muahaha

LA Noire

So far it's only coming out for consoles, like most Rockstar games, unfortunately. I agree with the OP, that's one of the most impressive feats of technology I've seen in a long time.

It will be console only at first, then maybe PC, like they usually do for GTA. It's probably the only console game I see buying between now and then. Console games are just shit lately.

Great video.... amazing what they can do now.

I remember seeing a preview of this ages ago and being really excited, sort of forgot about it till now. Looks really good the facial animation, give it an extra year and it will be on PC.

Saying that, didn't GTA4 come out quite soon after the console version?

Saying that, didn't GTA4 come out quite soon after the console version?

GTA IV Release date(s)

PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

29 April 2008

Microsoft Windows

2 December 2008

Yeah, it wasn't too far apart, 6 months or so... it was worth the wait, although I ended up buying it used for XBOX eventually the following year.

It is what it is, I dont like it either. Anyway, this is very impressive indeed.

It will be console only at first, then maybe PC, like they usually do for GTA. It's probably the only console game I see buying between now and then. Console games are just shit lately.

This is what people said about Red Dead Redemption. So I wouldn't get my hopes too high.

Edited by sparks50

This is what people said about Red Dead Redemption. So I wouldn't get my hopes too high.

Yep, I have no hopes anyways when it comes to PC gaming anymore... :)

Red Dead was a really good game, I finished about 75% of it before I got bored. I haven't bought any DCLs or expansions though... If I have to buy LA Noire on XBOX then so be it. Rockstar is on my list (very short list) of game companies I'd still like to support.

RDR PC may still come, its not impossible, but the so far six months of complete silence is very different from how the GTA 4 PC release went down.

It definitely feels like Rockstar has thrown PC gamers off the boat.

On the other hand, a 360 only costs roughly the same as a high end graphics card. It has a lot of good games on it,

most of which you could probably buy cheap near the end of its life cycle.

Edited by sparks50

As much as i'd love to see RDR on pc, i'd only buy it for SP.

GTA4 was cheated & hacked to death on PC. Ppl shooting RPGs out of pistols, spawning enemy police officers around you, teleporting you 2km up into the air, spawning ships and ramps on the road in front of you so you couldnt win a race anymore.

The best races i had were on a console. MP on PC was complete chaos.

I will ask a friend and find out what the PC release status is, if there is one at all.

I was blown away at the end

"you've got the wrong guy!" That was almost too real

Imagine this in arma 2 with your squad, amazing Immersion.

RDR PC may still come, its not impossible, but the so far six months of complete silence is very different from how the GTA 4 PC release went down.

It definitely feels like Rockstar has thrown PC gamers off the boat.

My guess is Rockstar moves forward with PC release once some financial condition is met. They lock their actuaries together in a room and make them come up with some arcane formula.

If I were to bet, we'll see an announcement for RDR on PC, as ultimately its another revenue stream for Rockstar. But not until the point they can squeeze it for all the money they can get! :D

I was blown away at the end

"you've got the wrong guy!" That was almost too real

Imagine this in arma 2 with your squad, amazing Immersion.

But these are all prebuilt animations.

Real Virtuality is centered on dynamic animations. Everything ought to be dynamic and not prebuilt or scripted in any way.

Although a Facial Action Coding System like used in Half-Life 2 which could also autogenerate facial expressions on the fly would be a nice addition to the already great lipsyncing feature.

Real Virtuality is centered on dynamic animations. Everything ought to be dynamic and not prebuilt or scripted in any way.

Voices still need to be recorded in advance, the facial animations could go with the voice sampls just the the game does/did (maybe this has changed at some point) with lip-sync.

Plus a bunch of facial animations to cover a bunch of other common situations and you'll have something as dynamic as the game is now.

I remember even Halflife 1 (1998) had some sort of lip-sync. Models opened their mouth wider the louder the wavesound was that was played.

You could throw any wavesound at them and yet the mouth animation was pretty believable.

Yep, I have no hopes anyways when it comes to PC gaming anymore... :)

Red Dead was a really good game, I finished about 75% of it before I got bored. I haven't bought any DCLs or expansions though... If I have to buy LA Noire on XBOX then so be it. Rockstar is on my list (very short list) of game companies I'd still like to support.

The numbers of games developers that are still producing PC games are dwindling.... mainly due to the age old story of piracy.

The numbers of games developers that are still producing PC games are dwindling.... mainly due to the age old story of piracy.

The piracy excuse is nothing more than that, a story. Sure, it plays a part, but the real reason for most is that the PC is not as profitable as consoles and is a more "difficult" target market. Funny how they still believe that after BFBC2, one of those so-called AAA titles, sold better on the PC than on each individual console.

Edited by Zipper5

The Piracy.....yeah, because there isn´t any on consoles. Some of my Friends on the University are XBox players and they don´t buy a single game!

Piracy on PC is just a very lame excuse. The real reason is that you have lower development costs because you don´t have to make sure that the game runs on multiple systems but you can still sale the game for a higher Price. (Germany New PC Game 50€, new console game over 60€)

Management political bullshit aside, the technology is incredible.

I'm looking forward to the next generation of games that will use this - we're slowly climbing our way out of uncanny valley...

True to say that consoles games are pirate-able, yet publishers still have much control over it, 1 feature in particular : the online/multiplayer feature and that itself might make console players choose unmod-ed console over mod-ed console... At least over the net and not via Lan play.

Anyway back to topic. The technology feat of the game still require great cast to make the facial expression believable, getting non-prof to create the expression will just be like watching a B grade movie.

My God...that blew me away. It almost made me consider buying a console.

Abs