Sign in to follow this  
biggerdave

Unleash the MLODs!

If the real reason is to show how things works, those willing people can easily use (vor vehicles at least), A1 MLODs. The work principles are the same.

For the rest of us, the characters (soldiers, civilians, animals - res + skeleton) should do.

wholeheartedly support this. now lets see whether bis is truly mod friendly or it's just a gimmick. hmmm...

i've the personal theory that they don't release the MLODs because we'll see how bad they did the things with many clear mistakes and errors

haha you know it's true.

I'd be happy if they just released the MLODs for the D30 or the M1129 so I could give them realistic arty treatments like the M119 from ArmA1. :p

I'd be happy if they just released the MLODs for the D30 or the M1129 so I could give them realistic arty treatments like the M119 from ArmA1. :p

Whisperingly, the MLOD for the D30 is already included in the ArmA.1 sample model pack ;) (weapons\D30)

Whisperingly, the MLOD for the D30 is already included in the ArmA.1 sample model pack ;) (weapons\D30)

Really? Wow I totally don't remember the D30 being in ArmA1!

Nice!

My issue with people saying no to MLODs is when I look at weapons like the Enfield No.4 that deserves a scoped variant of it. It'd be absolutely beautiful in OA. Or an ACOG variant of the M-14, both should've happened in vanilla but didn't. :(

Enf-No4-Sniper.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c6/M-14_Demonstration_in_Iraq,_2006.jpg

Edited by Sif

the long term solution is the use of proxies, which you can set via config (in which case you won't be having tens of PBOs of the same weapon with different configurations), not the release of MLODs..

Sif - scoped Enfield but in variant L42 is in P85 since nearly 2 years without any MLODs

M14+ ACOG will be soon or probably other addonmakers done it already

My issue with people saying no to MLODs is when I look at weapons like the Enfield No.4 that deserves a scoped variant of it.

Enf-No4-Sniper.gif

Do want.

Sif - scoped Enfield but in variant L42 is in P85 since nearly 2 years without any MLODs

Now got, thanks vilas. :)

I would like an example of each vehicle, weapon and soldier type as I am interested in modding for ARMA 2 but found looking at examples always helped for previous mods I have made elsewhere. Would save me having to ask for help as much, although the community here tend to quite helpful to beginners anyway.