Sign in to follow this  
Litos

Community Awards 2010?

Well let's have our own little BIS Forums vote down then...

Who would you pick per category? All democratic n *ish like that... Free speech... Simple as making a post... ;)

Edited by Bob.Dob

I'm not really sure what people are whining about here. The five addons/mods/videos/people etc. with the highest number of nominations are now up for voting. The process was and still is entirely democratic, as far as I can tell.

What's the point in getting all peeved because your personal favorite didn't show up on the list? Sure, some awesome stuff will have stayed under the radar for many people, while other things are better known, even though they not be of the same quality. It's called "visibility", and it's a fact of life. Deal with it.

Edited by MadDogX

There are bunch of whinners out there stating that my nominated island is unplayable, how can it be even nominated... it's a wierd statement, since our team has PCs old like 3-4 years and we have perfectly good fps. Most critical statements come from one island-maker (name I don't wish to mention) and I'm sorry that he didn't get in the top 5. I didn't and will not cheat in the voting since I'm against any kind of cheating. I leave that for kiddies. Due to that reason I play on locked servers with my guys & friendly squads from EU/US only.

Frankly I don't care about the awards in life, I just wish to help out the community. As all guys that help me out with bugreports, gifts in form of new models/units, tips & ideas etc. I can't thank them enough: Berghoff, wld427/PRACS, vilas, nzdf crash, IceWindo, LoBo/GIR, W0lle, Ryogugu, Diablo, PeterGrozni, mchide, sgtAce, zGuba... just to name a few, see project readme files for complete list).

Edited by IceBreakr

There are bunch of whinners out there stating that my nominated island is unplayable, how can it be even nominated...

Again, this is most likely a case of sour grapes from those people. The fact that your island is up for the final vote means that it recieved a larger amount of nominations. Simple as that.

Somebody is really saying that Lingor is unplayable?

I tend to disagree with said individual as I've played Lingor quite a few times and it worked real good for me.

Hey! - just spotted there actually IS a thread for the Community Awards!...

Personally I was delighted to see ANY island actually get nominated forra wee change!

I actually bothered with the whole fuss this year - figured I've been involved in A2 quite a lot this year and I actually had opinions for a change - so I nominated things I personally enjoyed, or found useful, or thought were good... VanhA's missions, World Tools, etc... none of which were gonna win, but I figured it was a good opportunity to at least have these peoples work recognised in some way...

Thats one of the reasons I agree with previous posters - it would be nice to see the full nominations list - bet that would cheer a few people up...

When it comes to final nominations and voting though... well - MadDogX is right - democracy has a tendency of not always working the way you might like... the rules are as they are (for now), and you play within them...

Congratulations to Ice for getting a terrain up there competing with Ace, etc for a wee change! You got my vote.....

B

Edited by Bushlurker

OHmanohmanohman. They're announcing winners tomorrow. I'm so excited, and nervous and scared at the same time =x

I will go rioting in the streets if Operation Cobalt doesn't win the campaign category.

Did i win ?

Well, it's Thursday... So they should announce it sometime today according to their news post on the home page.

Oh man...

I will go rioting in the streets if Operation Cobalt doesn't win the campaign category.

I hope it wins as well, it's good to see something new up there that really brings something to the table.

There's still 4 and a half hours left of Thursday in the Czech Republic. ;)

And thanks for the compliments, guys. It means so much to even be nominated in this. :)

1 hour and 50 minutes left in the Czech Republic.

*sits*

1 hour and 50 minutes left in the Czech Republic.

*sits*

Lots of time in Eastern Canada :cool:

Is this a joke pretending to count votes on a Joomla poll module? The results are immediate who are we kidding here... :cool:

Edited by Bob.Dob
Typo (it's late)

Yeah I was also confused about that. I think any digital polling system shows immediate results, lol...

Congrats to the winners and thank to all who voted & love my work.

Alright, so it took you guys 4 days to "count' votes when the outcome was almost exactly the same as 2009? what a Joke..

Congrats to the new Original winners!

Alright, so it took you guys 4 days to "count' votes when the outcome was almost exactly the same as 2009? what a Joke..

Congrats to the new Original winners!

12 minutes. I think that's a new record. :rolleyes:

Today, Finland burns.

Congrats to all winners, and thanks for voting ACE :)

Now let's get a Community Awards going by the Community, with a mission section divided over SP, MP and campaign, and a mod section divided over Islands, System/Effects, Full Conversion, etc ;-)

Perhaps that'll settle some of the drama involved with awards each time lol.

Also congrats to all the nominee's and also thanks to those who didn't get nominated but provide great community assistance or mission/mod products; all together make up for this communty!

Edited by Sickboy

Now let's get a Community Awards going by the Community, with a mod section divided over Islands, System/Effects, Full Conversion, etc ;-)

Yep, congratulations to all, and when there is voting... there will be drama.

Now let's get a Community Awards going by the Community, with a mod section divided over Islands, System/Effects, Full Conversion, etc ;-)

Also congrats to all the nominee's and also thanks to those who didn't get nominated but provide great community assistance or mission/mod products; all together make up for this communty!

Congrats to all the winners.

In any case I second that but I would like to see it ufficially and not made by the community. The categories are just too general. this goes not only for mods but also for missions. I would like to see more sub categories so maybe a lot of people won't get left out. Ace as a full conversion mod is nearly impossible to beat.:D

kind regards