Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company 1.00 released

As a seasoned Arma player I'm well pissed with this rip-off Dlc, its got no content. I enjoyed the BAF, it has lots of content, it had great scenarios, this one has too little. Campaign is unplayable in coop, it lags. Mp armoury doesn't work either, started one twice with one of the guys, We just spawned at Razman, nothing happened after 10 mins. Map is tiny and isn't made up of anything new, all buildings have been seen before.

I want my cash back, not happy.

Edited by PogMoThoin

Sooo I finally finished downloading PMC. Start the campaign, and find out that the first cutscene-video isnt working at all... I get like 0.01 FPS for the video or it doesnt play at all. Anyone else have this problem?

Same problem. Had to use "esc ---> skip" in every cut scene.

Yes I have this problem.

I get to see one frame every 10 seconds.

_neo_

try defrag your Arma2 folder.

Runs fine for me but I installed it on a SSD so I don't have problems with fragmentation.

hey i could use some help with missi "vocation":

whats the alternative to shoot near the civis? and even if i shoot near them the missi wont end?!

try defrag your Arma2 folder.

Runs fine for me but I installed it on a SSD so I don't have problems with fragmentation.

That may help but, I have a lot of movies in 1080p and never had any problem. With any video of any kind really.

_neo_

Yep, something like that - it runs for a bit then stops, then runs, then stops again. Accompanied by some sound distortion. Had this with all intro videos so far, once they are finished the game itself runs fine.

Me too.

After the two cutscenes (videos) were stuttering and lagging (even if i have it installed on a SSD!) I quit the game.

That is sooooo laggy... it kills any fun immediatly!

Hope they fix it soon.

remember there are multiple mirrors on the Sprocket same goes for the type of download

I'm thinking that the US sprocket mirror may not have been correctly configured for the maximum number of simultaneous downloads. There was no wait to get connected but the download rate was only about 3 KB/sec. With the other mirrors (EU and CZ) the sprocket app had to make several attempts to connect but once on, the download rate was about 75 KB/s. This was still a 3 hour download but way better than what I got on the US mirror.

Maybe someone added an extra 0 to the maximum number of simultanteous downloads in error when setting up the US mirror for the PMC release (e.g. 1,000 were allowed when it should have been 100).

Oh, there are iPhones in game now! I too had the super laggy video, but then again I had a TON of other things open, gonna wait till I get home to pass judgment over that.

Sounds dissapointing, I was expecting some steller things. I think I'll wait to here some more opinions. Btw, is there a new map, and what is it like.

I'll go with the patch for now.

Thank goodness Im not the only one with the video problem. (even after defrag) Seems BIS messed up another release... Who had expected otherwise eh?

Now with the campaign being no fun, I feel sorry for my €8,99 :(

Sounds dissapointing, I was expecting some steller things. I think I'll wait to here some more opinions. Btw, is there a new map, and what is it like.

The new map, though it's very small, looks awesome. Lots of possibilities for smallscale (spec-op-)missions.

well, i just purchased my copy. and it is downloading, pretty excited to see the new story.

I've played two missions of the campaign so far and I like it. I would have liked to see more ambient civilian and army activity for immersion, and more new units would have been nice as well. But I'm looking forward to playing through the rest of the campaign which otherwise seems good so far.

I was skeptical about the PMC concept but I actually think it's a nice addition to Arma2. It feels pretty authentic. I like that the briefings are formulated as contracts, that's a nice touch. :)

The new map seems nice and good looking but it's small. I just flew around in the new chopper, it's too small for that but nice for infantry combat.

Edited by Zorg_DK

A little disapointed by poor graphic video, and the mini map (good for a zombie mission) but the campaign/story is really good :)

For the next dlc, they should complete the german, and CZ units, add french units, and add/complete russian units (desert cammo for Russian for ex), and add scuds that work.

Patches finally downloading on Steam!! So I assume that PMC will also be up there soon!:)

I got PMC today and I have to say that I feel a bit cheated.

Seeing the content of this "DLC" that I bought for 8.99 € I'm fairly disappointed, as the "Main Feature" list is nearly identical to the "Complete Feature" list.

Not to speak of the slow Download from Sprocket.

:(

Just an opinion coming from a hardcore BIS Fan who usually prays three times a day into the direction of Prague.

I have the same feelings.

And about free campaign with patch? - I am not mad because someone get it for free, its okay with me, except one thing, BIS should release the campaing for free later, not at the same time as those who bought this.

Next time I will check the content of DLC more properly and think more about pre-ordering.

Sorry for my poor English.

I jizzed when I found out there was an Aussie

Wow - too much info, ArmAriffic! I think I'm gonna have nightmares tonight. ;)

If they included two person co-op for the campaign they almost had to release it free just because people would complain about inability to play online with those who haven't bought the DLC

Well I am happy to hear about the map. I much prefer nice small ones over large ones that my poor computer can't run very well!! :)