Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead, version 1.56 - Patch released

@Fruity Rudy

Have u defragged your ARMA2 directory since patch install?

And i don't mean the whole drive with windows defrag program, just the ARMA2 directory with a free defragger like Gamebooster etc

Of course, like always after installing patch..with O&O defrag..

Edit:

So either i play with popping textures (0 and 1 ) or with low fps (3)..That's nice, even if i had such a good performance and no god damn popping on 1.54 ..Guess it's time to support the electronic assholes from EA again..

my heart is bleeding..

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

Quick question , I just purchased PMC and installed with no issues... I am now looking at the BAF expansion. If I install BAF (since it has an earlier patch #) will it stuff my whole arma 2 series install or do i have to do a fresh install from scratch ?

BAF is a mod basically, but you will want to reinstall the 1.56 patch to patch BAF up once it's installed I believe. Or maybe just the BAF patch if it's available alone?

The XM-8 in orginal Arma 2 have low textures after the patch,why???This is not fair. Recycling for DLC pfui....:protest::protest::hang:

So either i play with popping textures (0 and 1 ) or with low fps (3)..That's nice, even if i had such a good performance and no god damn popping on 1.54 ..Guess it's time to support the electronic assholes from EA again..

Or get a better PC if you're going to play games that push hardware as much as ArmA does.

Or get a better PC if you're going to play games that push hardware as much as ArmA does.

I play Arma2 since it was released and haven't had probs.Only because of this patch i should buy new hardware? Are you serious? Be careful with your statements, smarty boy

I have searched but cannot find any references.

After installing this patch AI men in my section have started wandering in small circles instead of correctly changing formation and then remaining still.

They even crawl in circles.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks

gh

@GHOG: Yes, see that as well and it started a couple of betas ago (reported there as well). AFAIK the AI do this when in AWARE mode (maybe others as well?), sometimes it's just one in a group going in circles and sometimes it's more.

/KC

Keycat

Thanks for the reply.Thought it was just me seeing this.

Missed out on the last few betas so didn't see it until the patch.

I have noticed that smaller units (2-5) do it less than (6-8) and that ordering troops to crouch sometimes stops it.

GH

A "fresh" A2:OA install + 1.56 fixed the missing particle effects from tanks. Old installation was missing particle affects from firing a tanks main gun, it was patched to 1.56 too but had gone thru patch hell (all finals and some betas).

After so many patches i could recomend a fresh install to everyone out there.. you only need the latest patch so its no big deal.

A "fresh" A2:OA install + 1.56 fixed the missing particle effects from tanks. Old installation was missing particle affects from firing a tanks main gun, it was patched to 1.56 too but had gone thru patch hell (all finals and some betas).

After so many patches i could recomend a fresh install to everyone out there.. you only need the latest patch so its no big deal.

The recoil animation too? or only the particles?

- wrong topic, sory

but what about Asian faces ? anyone knows - i wanna put them to DPRK addon

Edited by vilas

The recoil animation too? or only the particles?

I dont remember if it was broken before but the recoil animation for the tank's cannon is working here.

So, has anybody actually got to the bottom of the replaceable textures issue?

BIS, are you on this? Makes my game look like glitchy Google Earth.

Does anyone know if there is an open ticket?

Never seen that before, does it still happen with 1.56? That video is labeled 1.55...

Never seen that before, does it still happen with 1.56? That video is labeled 1.55...

For sure. And gets worse with low framerates.

It also ruins maps made for Arma 2.

Look into a scope and every building in your character's frontal arc will vanish.

Is patch 1.56 even worth getting? It seems from visual issues to out of memory issues this patch has been a disaster - Do you automatically get patched to 1.56 if you buy PMC?

I'm at patch 1.52 (still) only because it seems to run just fine and I don't have any / limited issues.....

Do you automatically get patched to 1.56 if you buy PMC?

No but you need it to run it decently.

Patch 1.56 gave me system lockups (game froze solid after a few minutes and switching off the PC was the only way I could get out of it).

1.55 also locked me up, so I've had to go back to 1.54

Which exThreads parameter are you using?

Not a big deal but I have a problem with OA 1.56.It seems I can't execute men.:p

When I'm bored I play "nkvd commissar",pick a random civvie or man in my squad,tell the other men to target him and give them the "fire" command but now it doesn't work anymore.Maybe they had conscience crisis?:j:

I dont remember if it was broken before but the recoil animation for the tank's cannon is working here.

The recoil dust particles are missing because of the new ammo type implemented (those ammo that can penetrate throughout objects) as said 1 feature/bug fixed 2 more appears. So the code is rather hard to fix much less likely to see it fixed by upcoming ver.

As for the T-55 was still using old ammo type and that's why the recoil dust still present. As for the missing animation, I have no idea about it.

Hmm 1.56 is really fubar,it seems men in my squad don't follow formation,they keep going in circles.

Also many buildings aren't destroyable anymore,I bombed the crap out of Chernogorsk in 1.52 but in 1.56 they're still in one piece:confused:.Nothing gets them down,sabot shells,artillery fire nada.

EDIT.It seems the buildings are fine but there is a huge difference in city and village ones.Normal village houses are fine but the 2-story or 3-story buildings found in big cities like Chernogorsk needs immense firepower to bring them down.40-60 sabot shells or 2 artillery barrages from a battery like MLRS for a single building which is insane,a normal village house goes down in 5 sabot shells.

Edited by Krycek