Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead, version 1.56 - Patch released

• Arma 2: Private Military Company Lite - all units, vehicles and weapons from Arma 2: Private Military Company are included in this patch with lower quality textures and audio files. The full version of Arma 2: Private Military Company with high resolution textures and packed with a new campaign is available for purchase; see http://www.arma2.com/pmc for more information about the content of Arma 2: Private Military Company.
  • ARMEX - The Multiplayer Armory - enables you to try out all weapons and every single vehicle model from Arma 2 in dynamically generated missions with up to eight friends online or over LAN!

Note: wiki pages are in constant flux of updates ;)

ARMA 2.com news entry on ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead patch: http://www.arma2.com/latest-news/update-156-to-arma-2-operation-arrowhead-released.html

Patch details : http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A2OA:_Patch_v1.56

Full version history : http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Operation_Arrowhead:_Version_History

'Huge' List of Mirrors for download: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A2OA:_Patch_v1.56#Download_Mirrors

ARMA2.com download page 1.50 to 1.56: http://www.arma2.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&Itemid=78&id=437%3Aarma-2-operaton-arrowhead-patch-1-50-to-1〈=

Previous thread related to patch 1.55 : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=109856

Edited by Dwarden

As far as i know its just PMC lite to keep people for having compatibility issues. Maybe that multi player armoury mode as well?

Cant sat at work bored :(

PS any1 feel free to kidnapp me i am at 4 hursely road . . . .

Sofa is mine

er,,,I should write it first...

Why not download it and try for yourself? ;)

Thanks BIS!

Why not do a proper a change log?

I can then decide if it will fix more than it breaks. BIS's track record is poor in this area.

inb4 massive shitstorm about no fixes

edit: goddamn it!

What ACTUAL game fixes does this patch solve?

I can then decide if it will fix more than it breaks. BIS's track record is poor in this area.

Why would you play on older builds? Doesn't ensure addons will work, doesn't ensure missions will work, you cannot play online... Or do you just use vanilla content exclusively?

Question that I think should be answered sooner rather than later: if we plan on installing the PMC DLC I presume we don't need to install this? The PMC DLC will come bundled with it instead? Will installing this and then the PMC DLC cause any issues at all?

Why would you play on older builds? Doesn't ensure addons will work, doesn't ensure missions will work, you cannot play online... Or do you just use vanilla content exclusively?

Question that I think should be answered sooner rather than later: if we plan on installing the PMC DLC I presume we don't need to install this? The PMC DLC will come bundled with it instead? Will installing this and then the PMC DLC cause any issues at all?

I play on older builds until I am 100% sure your latest patches don't totally foobar arma2, 1.55 patch anyone?

Just wait someone will. Poor track record? I know there's been a few things in the past but they have a great track record of staying on top of the game. Honestly, I've never had any problems patching though, even using all the beta's they post.

You'll be fine.

I play on older builds until I am 100% sure your latest patches don't totally foobar arma2, 1.55 patch anyone?

So what? One patch had some issues for certain users. Automatically means every next patch will be fucked as well?

I didn't notice any problems with 1.55 myself.

edit:

FULL CHANGELOG FROM THE DOWNLOAD:

Version 1.55-1.56 Changelog

---------------------------

Data

----

* Add: more camo (replaceable textures) selection for OA vehicles.

* Fixed: missing shadows and heads in distance LODs for some OA characters.

* Added: MP Armory.

Engine

------

* Improved: -exThreads=3 now default for dual cores.

* Improved: -cpuCount defaults improved for 6 or more than 8 CPUs.

* Fixed: No more LOD blending issues (esp. with vegetation).

* Fixed: Ignored collision with some vehicles.

* Improved: AI cover selection improved a bit.

* New: Video options VSync selection.

* Fixed: Character collisions with stones often resulted in flying or being stuck. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12043)

BAF changelog 1.01-1.02

-----------------------

* Added portrait and wounds of PMC operatives

* Fixed CM immunity of missiles

* Missions have new headers

* Adjusted sensitivity of Her Majesty's soldiers

* Music tracks have their respective names displayed

* Adjusted values of many items in armoury

* L111A1 sounds better on Jackals

* Backpacks are now useable in editor

* Fixed names of IEDs

* Many weapons are now able to hold compatible magazines designed for other weapons

* Snipers have learned how to handle AS50 correctly

* US flyboys adjusted HMD for Apache and BAF pilots are now able to aim unguided missiles better

Edited by Cole

Kotp;1800235']Prolly went round in wet weather with slicks on.

Haha I lol'd

So what? One patch had some issues for certain users. Automatically means every next patch will be fucked as well?

I didn't notice any problems with 1.55 myself.

edit:

FULL CHANGELOG FROM THE DOWNLOAD:

Version 1.55-1.56 Changelog

---------------------------

Data

----

* Add: more camo (replaceable textures) selection for OA vehicles.

* Fixed: missing shadows and heads in distance LODs for some OA characters.

* Added: MP Armory.

Engine

------

* Improved: -exThreads=3 now default for dual cores.

* Improved: -cpuCount defaults improved for 6 or more than 8 CPUs.

* Fixed: No more LOD blending issues (esp. with vegetation).

* Fixed: Ignored collision with some vehicles.

* Improved: AI cover selection improved a bit.

* New: Video options VSync selection.

* Fixed: Character collisions with stones often resulted in flying or being stuck. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12043)

BAF changelog 1.01-1.02

-----------------------

* Added portrait and wounds of PMC operatives

* Fixed CM immunity of missiles

* Missions have new headers

* Adjusted sensitivity of Her Majesty's soldiers

* Music tracks have their respective names displayed

* Adjusted values of many items in armoury

* L111A1 sounds better on Jackals

* Backpacks are now useable in editor

* Fixed names of IEDs

* Many weapons are now able to hold compatible magazines designed for other weapons

* Snipers have learned how to handle AS50 correctly

* US flyboys adjusted HMD for Apache and BAF pilots are now able to aim unguided missiles better

Wasn't there massive issues with 1.06 as well?

from the mail from Sprocket :

Please note that to play A2:PMC, you will need to have Arma2:Operation Arrowhead patched to v1.56.

I can't wait... patching now. ;)

Good question!

Nice :)

@Antigoon

Like Noraf said

Please note that to play A2:PMC, you will need to have Arma2:Operation Arrowhead patched to v1.56.

The patch is not bundled with the DLC. Or at least they are telling me to install the 1.56 patch before installing the DLC in the email they sent from Sprocket.

Well, I haven't looked too much into it, but it looks like they didn't add buckshot shells for the existing shotguns. And the XM-8s in use by the PMCs don't have multiple optics. The new map, however, looks pretty nice, even if it is pretty small. It looks like it belongs in the game STALKER. Dead trees and all.

Having just played around on it, I couldnt find the PMC ammo box. The look like crap, But wont be long til i change that :-)

I found the ammo box, Under ' Special weapons'

Bit disappointed that there isnt any CQB sites

Edited by CannonousCrash

No CQB sight for the X-M8's? Mega fail if so... won't be getting my money then.

Is this version OK for Steam users? Or should we wait for Steam to auto-patch?

Anyone else getting this error message:

Script ca\modules_pmc\functions\Campaign\fn_initIdentity.sqf not found